Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,681 to 7,700 of 15,636 messages
11/01/2013 at 22:02

Okay, so managed to swim for 30mins tonight all fc. Lost track of laps and distance but only had a few recovery breaks. Really chuffed. 50min turbo done on Wed. All on track at the moment. Bike tomorrow and run Sun hopefully completes the week. 

Hope you're doing okay DB.... Taking it easy. 

I wish all with colds a speedy recovery and Maths a visit from Nanny McFee. Have a good weekend peeps!

12/01/2013 at 12:30

Okay so turbo not done... Took painkillers last night due to shoulder stopping me sleeping last few nights. Woke up very late and now going to work. Might try and get done after work... Wake the neighbour's! 

IronCat5    pirate
12/01/2013 at 12:57

Keep an eye on the shoulder MrsD....what brought it on?

12/01/2013 at 21:58

I think moving a patient... Don't seem to generally notice it but is difficult to get comfortable and sleep. The not sleeping is the worst bit really. Turbo not done. How the devil are you Mr Cat?

IronCat5    pirate
13/01/2013 at 08:59
I hope it gets better. Rotator cuff stuff can be horrendous. You can't swim and cycling can hurt. I know all about the not sleeping too. LH shoulder still crunchy after Friday's swim.

I'm not too bad thanks. Overslept yesterday so did a hard turbo instead of club cycle. Off to penultimate league XC in a mo. It's run by Iron Tractorboy's club.
13/01/2013 at 12:19

MrsD - hope your shoulder is ok

nice 7b mile run/walk this morning, running still feels so much harder than it used to, but knee wasn't grumbling too much which is a good sign

Razor51    pirate
13/01/2013 at 14:20
Did parkrun yesterday, forgot how tough it can be not done it since last Feb, finished in 27.41 which is about 1.30 shy of my pb. I did manage to get my HR up to 199bpm so I can now work out my Zones properly. Horse didn't cross the finish line until I caught him up, he only lost about 20 seconds because he sprinted faster than me ( show off)
Dustboy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 16:09

One whole week and done nowt. Nothing from quacks yet. I AM GOING UP THE FERKIN' WALL!!!!!

But ticker is stable most of the time. And beta blockers suck!

Curiously, last parkrun I did, managed 199bpm.

Hey ho, not game over yet.

Cat5, how was the XC? Was it muddy, slimy, hard and utterly childish?

IronCat5    pirate
13/01/2013 at 16:21
Hell yeah! Huge deep mud downhill followed by 3 ditch crossings.
Good sandwiches too. Last one next weekend; any danger of a bimble pass by then DB?

Fingers crossed for you. Time for a Marlow lap soon too.
Edited: 13/01/2013 at 16:23
Razor51    pirate
13/01/2013 at 16:23
Dusty. Be good dont do nowt daft.
Dustboy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 17:00

I'm down for G3 XC next weekend. I am tempted to walk it and see what happens. Had a half hour amble this arvo. (())

13/01/2013 at 17:39

I was a bit like Mrs Digger, I overslept and missed swimming. Busy doing things and skipped the turbo yesterday as well. Today I managed 10 mins warm up on turbo then a very cold but pleasant 2.5 mile run/walk, upping the running to 3 mins at a time. Felt hard towards the end but good.

DB take it easy I do not want to have to visit you when I am at work.
Ambles for half an hour sound enough until cleared by the medics.

Day 1 of training starts tomorrow and I know I can do it - its a rest day.

13/01/2013 at 17:46

DB - no XC next weekend, don't be silly. When do you see the cardiologist?

Dustboy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 18:49

Still waiting. Will hit the works Private health as soon as see the cardio.

14/01/2013 at 11:02

DB - take care of yourself.

Steady - enjoy your first day of training plan

MrsD - ouch! Hope it heals soon.

Well having done no training since last Tuesday I simply couldn't cope any longer. My throat is still very sore but I'm not feeling quite so 'ill' so I've just been out of a slow 3mile potter. And very nice it was too.

Am a bit worried about ST. Has anyone heard from/seen him? Is he posting on other threads?

14/01/2013 at 11:19

I think he posted to say he had received his kit on the kit thread, but haven't seen any other posts by him

ST - WHERE ARE YOU???? hope you are ok

14/01/2013 at 12:12

Hey all,

2 runs last week, cycle to vb plus a tough training session and one easier one. Very sniffley but going for a lunch time easy run today. Motorbike failed MOT at the weekend so couple of weeks train/cycle to work now. Will try to do at least one longer (about 10mi) bike at lunch time one day.

Really need to go for a longer slower run at some point (would not quantify it as LSR as it won't be long), thinking about 4miles just to get over that 3mi curse I have for lunch time runs. But weekends are not kind atm. Match on Sunday and week on Friday off to Finland for my sister's wedding.

DB - take care of yourself!

IronCat5    pirate
14/01/2013 at 18:11
I like Finland. I guess any running will be treadmill based at the mo though.

Hotel pool here has ice, so an impromptu rest day for me!
14/01/2013 at 21:24

Okay so conversation with colleague at work... 

Colleague: I hear you're doing a triathlon!
Me: well, hopefully more than one.
Colleague: well done you, who for?
Me: who for?
Colleague: Who are you doing the triathlon for?
Me: Me!
Colleague: No you're not getting me... Who's it for?
Me: For me!
Colleague: No, I mean who are you collecting money for?
Me: No one.
Colleague: oh so it's not for charity!
Me: not this one no.
Colleague: oh right - WEIRD!

So it's official, anyone who does a triathlon without it simply being for charity is weird! Sorry people!

14/01/2013 at 22:22

Mrs Digger I have had that conversation at work as well, they just went " oh you are just doing it for a personal challenge then". I just state that if I played tennis, or was part of a football team or virtually any other sport, that they would not make such a comment, to which they agree.
I think the best retort when someone says I'm strange,(due to triathlon) I reply, "In your world maybe, not in mine." That makes them wonder for a few seconds who is the mad one.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.