Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,701 to 7,720 of 15,593 messages
15/01/2013 at 09:14

Ha ha, like your answer Steady! Absolutely perfect!!

Lunch time run wasn't as easy as I wished but a good workout. Lots of cycling yesterday, about 20miles in drips and draps and vb training. Didn't get to bed before half 11, knackered now. Just can't do late nights and early mornings...

15/01/2013 at 10:34

Mikasa, I know what you mean!

Bit icy outside... not safe to run or cycle at the moment. Might try to swim later.

15/01/2013 at 12:30

well done on the weight loss cake. The being able to eat cake is a good one. There are much stranger people than me where I work so no-one seems to think it strange that I get up at 4:30 to go running. Well, they don't say much to my face anyway

15/01/2013 at 12:32

although I was annoyed a bit the other day when I was talking to someone about doing a half ironman and they said, 'yeah, I would be able to do the swim and bike, but can't run'. She does no exercise whatsoever, so what makes her think she could swim and bike that distance???

oii
15/01/2013 at 17:04

news a) went to walk in centre this morning for still very dodgy finger that i keep re-injuring. got scoffed at for not taking painkillers. not sure how i held it together, being scoffed at when it was 8:10am on a tuesday

news b) fat club tonight. need to get my bike up hills easier. massive congrats cake on your weight loss! I am zero chocolate for january, day 15. amazes me how much i was relying on it. Sugar cravings dieing off in past few days. 

news c) still no foot op date.

oii
15/01/2013 at 17:07

also if anyone lives near me and has discovery uk on their sky package. please can i come to your house at 2am on friday morning and watch the Lance interview???

Rafiki    pirate
15/01/2013 at 17:34

Oii - according to my Virgin media guide thingy, its on at 20:00 (8pm) Friday evening

15/01/2013 at 17:39

Oii, well impressed witha the zero chocolate for January, I need my daily fix of dark chocolate. I do sometimes give it up for Lent and that is a real struggle.
Well done on weight loss Cake, I have lost 2 pounds so far, quite a few to go.

I have done my 30 min run/walk and shortly will be off to pilates.

15/01/2013 at 18:37

Glad I'm not the only one struggling with weight gain. Been on straight and narrow since new year, no chocolate,no crisps, no coke and to be honest, not missing them at all, it was just a bad habit. I'm up to 4lbs loss now but plenty of more to go.

Good luck to all who want to lose those extra pounds!

oii/rafiki - thanks for info, will try to watch/record it. 

oii
15/01/2013 at 18:53
Raf-it's on at 2am on discovery first..... And because I am a loser I need to see it when it's first on

Mikasa - I only gave up chocolate! I am we'll impressed you have up crisps and coke too! I don't like coke, but I'm not giving up coffee!!!

Steady - I don't miss it after 14 days. I have a piece of fruit or skinny hot milky drink if I'm craving!
15/01/2013 at 19:11

no chocolate don't think I would be able to give up, but I just have one small square of 85% after my evening meal, so not a massive amount anyway

think I will record the lance interview, I plan being asleep at 2am

IronCat5    pirate
15/01/2013 at 20:46
Will have to set the video or sky+ thing for lance.

First brick of the year done. All indoors as Marseille is unseasonably cold and icy.
15/01/2013 at 21:00

Well done on all the weight loss!

Managed to do a swim and am feeling better - or is it just that I'm bored? Anyway I've decided tomorrow morning is a bike ride with my lovely group of retired gentlemen, most of whom are far fitter than me!

(Have been eating an awful lot of chocolate The girls are allowed sweets on Sat so there is quite a lot of christmas chocolate lying in the cupboard downstairs just begging to be eaten.... I think I need to go on 'Saturday Sweetie Day' too.)

16/01/2013 at 10:16

Well done to all who are training in the cold.... And a big well done to those who are losing the lbs. Anyone who has given up chocolate is bonkers although we have stopped alcohol for a month. 
I continue to live up to my name, got bitten by dog yesterday on thigh. A&E followed and can't swim or run for a bit but should be able to bike. Taking antibiotics and painkillers. Fun, fun, fun.
Okay, so who's had snow? 

16/01/2013 at 13:09

I'm not really on a diet, just re-adjusting my eating habits and I wanted to get out of the habit of having coke and crisps at lunch time because what does that really give you? Anyway, haven't been too strict with myself, have had couple of ciders and when we go to Finland, I'm definitely eating chocolate as missing all the Finnish ones.

MrsDigger - you don't have much luck do you? Hope you get back to normal soon.

No snow here. Was cold in the morning though and some puddles are still frozen.

Rafiki    pirate
16/01/2013 at 13:22
oii wrote (see)
Raf-it's on at 2am on discovery first..... And because I am a loser I need to see it when it's first on 

Just noticed that, but don't think I'll be staying up way past my bedtime to listen to more of his lies

16/01/2013 at 13:57

Yeah, it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say...not that I'd necessarily believe any of it. And definitely won't be up at that time!!

16/01/2013 at 14:22

We had a little bit of snow on Monday. It was ice yesterday morning but melted by evening. Today it is freezing and was so cold that the water in my drinks bottle froze! I did 16 miles on my bike though

MrsD -ouch!

16/01/2013 at 14:27

well done chili

it was minus 6 here when I drove to work, so definitely a turbo day, and will probably go for a swim tonight

MrsD - you need to look after yourself!

16/01/2013 at 15:46

No snow here, I went out early evening yesterday for my run, went swimming first thing this morning. All my cycling at the moment is on the turbo and looks like it will stay that way for a while yet.

Mrs D you certainly are living up to your name.

I did non stop 800m fc in 21 minutes for Winterswim.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.