Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,741 to 7,760 of 15,095 messages
18/01/2013 at 18:47

Still sulkng! Sounds like everyone doing well considering the snow.

Razor51    pirate
18/01/2013 at 19:31
Chin up Mrs D, plenty of time
IronCat5    pirate
18/01/2013 at 22:07

Will cross train tomorrow Cake

Was working from home today so picking kids up wasn't a major hassle, just annoyed with the school's lazyness.

Another Sufferfest done tonight as active recovery. Planning on a big one tomorrow and XC Sunday if it's not cancelled due to snow

18/01/2013 at 22:13

Mrs D, please remember your mantra for the moment - Rest and recovery are important aspects of training.

Had an email, masters swim session cancelled in the morning. 

19/01/2013 at 09:40

MrsD - you'll get there, you just need some patience. I know how frustrating it is though

so, I haven't run since Tuesday and that was only 5k on a treadmill, and now my knee hurts again

I never thought of sufferfest as recovery - it is a hard workout for me

IronCat5    pirate
19/01/2013 at 12:12

Well, I did it at 90% of usual effort, plus Long Scream is only 30 minutes.

Have just done Local Hero. Tomorrow's XC is cancelled if I'd know that I could have hammered the bike today.

Maths, I last ran on Tue too, 3km on the dreadmill, so you're ahead of me. Use the snow time to swim or bike or just enjoy it. Same for you MrsD. Take an impromtu break.

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 12:14
Razor51    pirate
19/01/2013 at 13:27
Ran parkrun this morning, no PB as it was slippery in paces. 3 runs, 1 swim and 1 hr turbo done this week... Oh and my kit has finally arrived.
19/01/2013 at 13:58

did another treadmill run today, walked to the gym as the road a bit bad for driving on. only 5k on the treadmill, it is just too hot in the gym to run for longer, plus I could feel my knee starting to complain so thought it would be a good time to stop. did some weights too, and with the walk there and back, not too bad. I will try to find the time to turbo later as well, but my gentle turbos are just that, slow, gentle and with a dvd!

19/01/2013 at 14:09

I am putting off the turbo session until all the housework is done. Mine will be gentle turbo as well, going to try doing an hour.

Razor, my kit has arrived, so we cannot use the excuse of no kit. I may just wear it on the turbo just to see if its got magic powers and makes me go faster.

19/01/2013 at 14:13

mine didn't make me any faster

I put off the housework till everything else has been done

19/01/2013 at 18:48

Mathschick its a close call which to do first, but ended up doing most chores, then turbo whilst the kitchen floor dried. Suprised myself when I downloaded the garmin and it said I hit 14mph for a couple of seconds.

No magic powers with my top either, it is baggy on the bust but at least it stays down at the front and only rides up at the back, unlike most of my other tops that ride up front and back, creating a ring of cold body.

19/01/2013 at 22:59

It will be lovely to see you all in your pirate kit

Just a walk through the snow for me today.We have kind-of-work/ friends guests staying and even if they didn't mind me leaving it's very difficult to keep everyone fed, kids sorted attend the meetings we've arranged, and finish prep for tomorrrow without trying to fit in training as well.

Cat - I am very with you on the annoyance of cancellations due to snow!

Have you seen this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=244020232398018

IronCat5    pirate
20/01/2013 at 21:04

So what did we do today?

We had a great club XC run in the snow. Turned in to 9.5mi due to some wrong turns and impassable lake-like puddles. So good to be back out in running.

20/01/2013 at 22:16

I walked today, 2 x 2miles, and shovelled snow off the drive so Mr Steady can drive to work.

20/01/2013 at 23:19

Well done Cat & Steady

Just a little bit of sledging with girls. Is it possible to run in snow this deep? Am a bit wary. Am going to the gym with a friend tomorrow eve for the first time in years so might doing some biking then.

21/01/2013 at 08:40

morning all

cat and steady, well done

well, my news is that my knee is increadibly painful again - came on when I turned round on Saturday. I am going to try to get to the gp and ask to be referred for a scan. Maybe not today though as there is heavy snow and it will be chaos everywhere. Well, by the afternoon surgery things may have settled down but I didn't think there was any point this morning. Will try to get to the physio this week too

21/01/2013 at 11:15

MC - sorry to hear your knee is painful again. Hope you get it sorted.

I took Friday off just in case and glad I did as there were terrible delays with trains. Would've also been difficult to get to the station.
We didn't really do much though, just enjoyed the day off and went for couple of little walks.Sunday's matches were my exercise for the weekend and every muscle in my body aches today.

Back on the train/bike today and main roads are absolutely fine. Guys from work are not going for a run today as pavements aren't  that clear yet so no running for me either. I can do with a rest day, though there is vb training in the evening...See how I feel about that later.

Razor51    pirate
21/01/2013 at 14:59
Did my LSR yesterday with Horse, 12.2 miles in 2 hrs 4 mins, avg 10.4 min/m really enjoyed it even though it was cold and slippy in places.
21/01/2013 at 17:04

oooo new pic for Razor!

21/01/2013 at 17:11

Well spotted Chili, I have no intention of getting my photo taken wearing my pirate top until its warmer and I don't look like I have mummy tummy, although if I crop the photo no one would see that bit.

I am enjoying my rest day, last week resulted in only one swim and 2 turbo, plus pilates, must try to do a bit more this week, although running is still a no go until the snow has gone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.