Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,861 to 7,880 of 15,438 messages
04/02/2013 at 19:38

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/624201/gallery/sticker.gif?width=350

04/02/2013 at 20:02

Nice racing, nice report Cat, those duathlons were some of the 1st races I did when I lived close to Dorney, so brings back memories.. particularly

It was a great sight, Especially people running in bike helmets

I ran out of T2 with my helmet on first time there so chucked it by the side of the course and spent all of the 2nd run just worrying about whether someone would nick me 'elmet... of course, no-one did

Razor51    pirate
04/02/2013 at 21:46
Ran for the first time in2 weeks tonight with Horse due to a bad chest and a dose of the snots, felt brilliant and was surprised how good I felt. We ran 5.5 miles in 53 min
Avg pace 10.12min/m and really enjoyed it even though we ran into a hail storm and had a strong headwind. Looking forward to my next run
IronCat5    pirate
04/02/2013 at 21:56
Chilibean wrote (see)

Have done a double! 12 miles bike this morning, 5 mile run this evening And I went out on the road bike. I think I deserve a sticker!

Well done Chili on both accounts! w00p!

Bokster wrote (see)

Nice racing, nice report Cat, those duathlons were some of the 1st races I did when I lived close to Dorney, so brings back memories.. particularly

It was a great sight, Especially people running in bike helmets

I ran out of T2 with my helmet on first time there so chucked it by the side of the course and spent all of the 2nd run just worrying about whether someone would nick me 'elmet... of course, no-one did

I did my warm-up bike lap just before racking, so walked down in trainers, and then left them by the dismount line. There were there when I got back, but it did occur to me that I might not be racing if they went missing!

Nice one Razor - running in the rain gets you double points. You'll need to work harder for a sticker though.

Oh - 8 XC miles run yesterday with the club, and 2.25km swam tonight. Zzzz.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 22:21
Razor51    pirate
05/02/2013 at 17:00
Good running Cat, I'm gonna work on getting that sticker, l'm jealouse of Chilli's ;-D
05/02/2013 at 18:10

Lol! it is a lovely sticker. Thanks MC . But Razor, it sounds like you are on the mend and running well. Good training from Cat too.

Swam a mile today... am soooo hungry and very sleepy.

IronCat5    pirate
05/02/2013 at 21:39

Cheers Razor. Work towards that sticker! How is H's running coming on?

Swimming always makes me hungry and sleepy. Even when it's just bobbing around with the kids!

4.5mi tempo run at lunch and an hour's turbo tonight.

Razor51    pirate
05/02/2013 at 22:07
Cat......Yeah, Horse's running is good, he keeps up with this old bugger anyway ;-D
I always feel famished after swimming too, always have some nibbles handy.

Chilli.., feeling good at the moment having just got over chest problem, running is going great and the ankle and leg is ok just a few aches now and then.
You seem to be doing ok with your running and biking lately.
Edited: 05/02/2013 at 22:12
Dustboy    pirate
05/02/2013 at 23:15

I have been putting it off for days but I just HAVE to mention it. Cat5 was sporting a penis helmet last weekend. In white.

Razor51    pirate
06/02/2013 at 14:55
(Dickhead)
06/02/2013 at 15:25

Thanks Razor, I had a great training week last week and this week is going well too. Just completed another 22 mile bike ride (sleet, sun, horrible north wind and my snicker bar was too hard with the cold to eat). Would have been further but whilst pumping up the tyres on my road bike the valve broke. So I had to take the hybrid and had less time to cycle.

Am a bit worried about the road bike. It's not bad to cycle but is soooo cheap I'm concerned about it breaking into pieces!

Mmm, am a bit hungry again. I was hoping to loose just a couple of pounds with the training and I don't want to fall into the trap that some triathletes do of eating huge amounts and justifying it because of the all exercise... but I don't like feeling hungry.

06/02/2013 at 16:40

chili - well done on your training. Mine is rubbish - knee hurting again today and I am majorly fed up about it all. and craving chocolate doesn't help

think I am going to try doing some core work then at least I will feel like I have done something

IronCat5    pirate
06/02/2013 at 17:10
Dustboy wrote (see)

I have been putting it off for days but I just HAVE to mention it. Cat5 was sporting a penis helmet last weekend. In white.

Whereas you came dressed as a train spotter, complete with thermos flask...

Razor51 wrote (see)
(Dickhead)

I is aferleet, fankyew.

Razor51    pirate
06/02/2013 at 20:11

Two sessions today, swim at lunchtime , 1600 mts in about 40 ish minutes, ran tonight with Horse, 5.75 miles no HR monitor tonight just ran on perceived effort and avg 9.54 min/ m and really enjoyed it apart from the bloody hills in the last 2 miles so I'm feeling good at the moment but to get out on the bike.
Edited: 06/02/2013 at 20:12
IronCat5    pirate
06/02/2013 at 21:53

Nice one!

Track session tonight! Very confusing...400m reps - 1st 100m @ 10k pace, 2nd @ 5k pace, 3rd sprint, 4th jog. After 4 reps (1 mile) take a minute rest. Do 4 lots in total (4 mi).

06/02/2013 at 22:01

Ow, that sounds like horrible hard work IronCat.

I have done a little 30 minute turbo. I have rewritten my training plan so I build back up steadily rather than just trying to start where I should be. Calves and feet felt crampy when I got off, but soon settled down.

Off to stretch before heading to bed. Tired. zzzzzz

Razor51    pirate
06/02/2013 at 22:05
Cat ..... Sounds like a tough session, well done mate.

Anyone know where ST and Shaz have disappeared to?
06/02/2013 at 22:22

Shaz was seen a few months back cycling in my area, spotted by another pirate.
ST popped in on the pirate kit thread once but don't know how he is.

Razor51    pirate
06/02/2013 at 22:25
Yeah I saw that on the kit thread
Dustboy    pirate
06/02/2013 at 23:51

Er, yeah, will confess to tainspotter outfit. It was ferkin' cold though!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.