Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,941 to 7,960 of 15,449 messages
16/02/2013 at 15:49

I have swum and done another 30 mins on the treadmill, speed at 6.8kph this time! tried a little jog but decided it wasn't a good idea. 3.2 k in 30 mins, so not too bad

16/02/2013 at 20:06

Nice training MC & Steady

Hmmm, I do hope so MC. I'm going to pursuade them to let me go in the first wave (don't care which bay) so I have as along as possible on the bike.

This morning I cycled to parkrun and since it was early and there were very few cars I decided to go by the road. I was deffinitely quicker on that surface than through the back streets and on the canal path, so I'm hoping that will help.

Then ran parkrun with my girlies and cycled home again. So have managed 2 runs, 2 bike (one 25 miles), swim (I only ever do one a week) and pilates. Not too bad for the week. Next week is half term so will probably be a bit light although if the weather is as good as today we will do some family bike rides.

IronCat5    pirate
16/02/2013 at 20:40

Looks like some good training this week all round. Who enjoyed the yellow thing in the sky today?

Reading parkrun has moved due to waterlogging, so it is about 10km from home now. I cycled there and back, managing a 5th place and a PB at parkrun. Then after some lunch and some house viewings I cycled to the in-laws for cake.

V tired now. ZZzzzzz.

16/02/2013 at 21:15

Chili, you have done longer than me. Not sure how they work out the wave times, but I would prefer to go in the first one to give me a bit more time on the bike, but the downside to that is the possiblity of being swum over literally by the fast ones in the second wave.

I am v tired now, knees ache a bit and have laid out running kit ready, must remember to take the off road shoes as I am pretty certain the park will be muddy and wet still.

IronCat, we are going house viewing tomorrow, not for us but FiL who now says he wants to move at 91 years old.

17/02/2013 at 10:11

morning everyone

I have done 2 hours on the turbo this morning. Nice and gentle. I think I need to get the proper wheel on the bike and start getting outside now the weather is getting better. I am right in thinking if I am doing a long bike session it should be easy? Just like long runs are done easy? I think I might have done it a bit too easy as I only covered 21 miles and burned the same amount of calories as I do when I do a 1 hour sufferfest, but I guess they are different sessions with a different purpose...

17/02/2013 at 18:21

MC 21 miles in 2 hours is roughly the same as my 15 miles in 1.5 hours, I think that it should feel easy compared to an hour sufferfest, as that is the equivalent to speed training if running which you do only once a week (or if me not at all).

I ran/walked for 55 mins. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow.

18/02/2013 at 08:05

steady - same sort of bike pace is probably going to put us doing the walk together

rest day for me today,I think I am ready for it!

18/02/2013 at 13:55

You're all doing so well with your training! Bit jealous...

But I'm back, after 4 weeks, I've done my first run! Just 2.8mi in 30mins but it's a start. No cycling to work anymore as motorbike is back on the road so need to fit it in somewhere else, but day's are getting longer...

18/02/2013 at 22:54

Well done Mikasa

Hope you enjoyed the rest day MC

Half term this week so will be rather busy trying to entertain 4 girlies and stop them from constantly fighting. Took them out on the bikes for 1.5 hours this morning

19/02/2013 at 18:00

I have turboed again, this time managed a whole half a mile an hour quicker, 10.6 not 10.1.

Now to dash off to running club committee meeting.

19/02/2013 at 18:03

enjoyed another rest day too only it has been really busy - into Nottingham to get something (past papers and model answers for grade 1 theory exam for youngest kid). then off to fetch kids from in-laws, then back, shopping, cooking! Off to running club just to say hi and pay subs, reckon if I do that when I can eventually run I'll have an incentive to get back quickly!

Razor51    pirate
19/02/2013 at 19:26
1200mts swim and 4.5 mile run yesterday, feeling good. Can't believe its week 11 already
20/02/2013 at 12:36

3k swim this morning, been feeling very tired since then though! But, it does mean that I should be able to manage the 5k swimathon in April! Might take the full 2:30 hours that have been allocated!

20/02/2013 at 13:20

Nice swim MC! I can't remember when I've last been swimming. The local pool times are sooo late, I need to find an alternative.

Another lil' lunch time run done. Feel so much better for running again.

Razor51    pirate
20/02/2013 at 14:13
Swam 1200 mts in 27 mins, I might run tonight but I am running the Blackpool Half Marathon on Sunday with Horse so might take it easy on the running this week.
20/02/2013 at 18:23

been to the gym, on the spin bike and the treadmill as well, so now I am settling down to a lazy relaxing evening (apart from listening to kids fighting of course...)

20/02/2013 at 19:14

5 mile run this evening with my big girl. Since I've had 3 pretty good weeks of training I'm using this half term week as a drop back.

Mikasa - good to hear that you are back to running again

21/02/2013 at 18:51

Having an extra rest day today, got back from a conference tired because at an airport hotel getting woken by noisy guests at 4.15am is not good, also room was freezing cold. So cold I used the duvet off the other bed as well. Feeling like a cold is coming on.Grrr.

On the plus side, I have eaten extremely well and far too much. Oops weight loss will not be featuring this week.

21/02/2013 at 18:56

I have had a very tired day today, but went to the gym and did 2 miles on the treadmill - mainly fast walking with a few one minute runs thrown in, and some weights. Off swimming with the club tonight, I'll probably feel more awake after that than I have all day!

mikasa - good to hear the running is going well

can't believe half term is nearly over and I still have a massive pile of marking to sort out!

21/02/2013 at 19:00

Cycled to work today as too cold for motorbiking. But my god, my upper hamstrings are killing me. Didn't warm up properly for vb training last night and we did some new weird workouts and my legs really didn't like them. Also slept badly and left side of my back is all crunched up. No training for me today...so annoying.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.