Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,041 to 8,060 of 15,816 messages
Razor51    pirate
04/03/2013 at 20:11
Well done Cat, great times and glad you made the wedding
Dustboy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 20:20

Cat is getting far too fast! Welcome MLW.

Got OK from medic on Thursday to go back to exercise.....within reason and no long distance stuff.....did first race of season on Sat, G3 10K (and then a bit more) XC. 9th from last!!! LOL. It REALLY did me in from 5K (as far as I have been in months) and I am normally OK on that course.

That's what you get for having an (enforced) break.

Still sore, might do gentle 40 min turbo tomorrow.

Good to be back - ish.Think I belong back in the beginners.

Wonder if Cat could lap me at Frimley Parkrun yet

Razor51    pirate
04/03/2013 at 21:37
Wecome back Dusty, just take it easy.
IronCat5    pirate
04/03/2013 at 22:00

Great news DB. Really happy for you!

Don't think I could get you at Frimley, but Woodley is a 3 lapper Let me know when you're road riding again.

04/03/2013 at 22:27

MLW -  I did archery as a child/teen, mainly 'cos my brother did it, I was not brilliant but did  manage a few age group medals/wins in county champs, due to only being 3 girls in my age group.

Great news DB, I am not up to doing 5k yet without walks, so you're beating me. I am looking forward to another ride with your dulcet tones encouraging me up the hills.

I have stretched tonight, spent 30 mins doing all of them, making up for not doing any over the weekend.
I am going to go for early morning run/walk tomorrow.

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 22:27
Dustboy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 22:39

05/03/2013 at 11:14

DB - good to hear you're back at it. Look after that ticker!
Mikasa - you will be stealing my sicknote title soon. Hope all heals beautifully.
Welcome Pete and Wobbler!
Mr Cat - doing rather well then eh! Are you doing the Cotswolds Super sprint? 
Maths - sounds like you've beaten the flu. Go on girl!

Work since Fri has kindly scuppered my training. Many long days and extra shifts as staffing is short. Now absolutely pooped out. Gonna shoot out for a short run to keep my chin up a bit. 

05/03/2013 at 11:22

DB - good to hear you are ok

MrsD - yep, I am loads better. Masters swim last night, turbo this morning. Bugger about the knee as a run this afternoon in the sun would have been lovely. Going to head to the gym though and use the treadmill abit (on Sat I did a few little burts of 2min run/2 min walk for a short time so going to try again). Best to keep that to the treadmill though with the softer landing, and some weights

05/03/2013 at 14:05

DB - great news, just take it easy.
MrsDigger - that did cross my mind!
MC - glad you've beaten the bug, now just get that knee sorted!

Lovely sunny day here too but ankle to achy to even go for a walk.

05/03/2013 at 17:43

I did my early morning run, just after 6am, managed just over 5k, doing 2 min run/45 secs walk.

I have had to change my plans for tomorrow. I was going to go for an early swim, but now I need to go to a different office to start with and I can only get a car parking space if I get there before 8am. At least at present my work shedule is that I have a late morning meeting on Thursday so hope to get the swim done first thing Thursday.

05/03/2013 at 18:01

steady - well done

my knee didn't agree with running on the treadmill so I did weights and core instead. wondering whether to do a fast walk in the morning or a turbo. 

Dustboy    pirate
05/03/2013 at 18:29

1st road bike ride of the year, Yay! 12 miles on the SS Dustboy, 140M climbing so flattish. 14mph average. I'll take that for a single speed iron horse. Knackered now!

05/03/2013 at 20:57

Evening all!

Finally managed to join the gym and actually did something vaguely energetic for the first time in a while.  I feel stupidly proud of myself!

(I also chased some Year 8 kids around school for an hour today, around two 3-storey class blocks, so that may count).

x

05/03/2013 at 21:10

Welcome Mid Life Wobbler, great to have you join us.

Dustboy - great news!

Hi to everyone else.

Ran 5 miles today in the glorious sunshine. Swimming this eve was a flop because out pool decided to tighten up on the rule that says I have to stay within arms length of my children (although they can swim)

But am planning my longest bike ride in the morning. Hope the weather is as lovely as today.

05/03/2013 at 21:11

DB my bike is still on the turbo, quite jealous that you got out there in the sunshine today.

Mathschick I would go for a brisk walk. But saying that I am not doing anything early tomorrow apart from going to work.

IronCat5    pirate
05/03/2013 at 22:02

It was a nice day!

I swam last night, not as painful as I thought it would be after a few weeks off. Quads still very sore today, so back on the turbo tonight for a lighter hour session. Running track tomorrow

Good luck with the training MLW.

06/03/2013 at 14:45

ended up doing nothing this morning, stayed in bed because yesterday I felt stupidly tired

so, tonght may be a turbo session as by the time I get home I will be unable to get out again because of childcare

tomorrow should be a walk then!

IronCat5    pirate
06/03/2013 at 22:29

Did you turbo MC? I had a track fail, the 4th 600m rep dragged on and my legs stopped working. Obviously not even partially recovered from Saturday's race.

In other news, I have qualified as a GB age-grouper for the European sprint duathlon champs in Holland! Saturday's pain was worth it!

Dustboy    pirate
06/03/2013 at 22:37

Top bombing mon brave, do you get one of those natty Team GB one piece trisuits now?

IronCat5    pirate
06/03/2013 at 22:41
Dustboy wrote (see)

Top bombing mon brave, do you get one of those natty Team GB one piece trisuits now?

Merci beaucoup! AG suits are like the elite ones, but only one union flag.

I owe you a beer too DB - it's entirely your fault for dragging me round the Surrey Hills that first time.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.