Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,201 to 8,220 of 15,618 messages
Dustboy    pirate
26/03/2013 at 23:02

Weather is shite. My every other day half hour turbo is making me worryingly fast for half an hour over flat terrain in a garage. All under orders of course.

Smoked salmon with stir fry mushrooms, leeks and yellow peppers and eggs in extra virgin olive oyl. Couple of pittas and it's KEBAB TIME!

Britrisky    pirate
26/03/2013 at 23:14

Food! Now we're talking - that sounds great, DB, how did you cook the eggs? 

Dustboy    pirate
26/03/2013 at 23:20

Bloke style, chucked em in the stir fry. Comes out like the egg in egg fried rice.

27/03/2013 at 08:17

mmm like the sound of the stir fry

no training yesterday or this morning as I have been shattered

planning on a treadmill run/walk later. I reckon so long as it doesn't actually hurt then doing a couple of treadmill sessions a week will keep my fitness up, still waiting for a clinic appointment to find out the results of the mri...

chili - have fun on your bike ride

I haven't been outside yet and have my first tri on 21 April - hope it gets warmer before then

27/03/2013 at 13:17

Hi Eco! Nice to see you back here. Well done on placing third in the orienteering.

Well done to rest of you for keeping up the training.

I haven't done anything yet this week, and didn't do anything at the weekend either. Was supposed to go for a short run some lunch time to check the ankle but the bitterly cold weather has squashed my motivation. I will do something this week,promise!!

We were planning to go to bf's mum in North Wales for Easter but she lives in the tiny village and called to say that the snowplough has cleared roads but all the snow is on the verges so even if we could get there, there might not be anywhere to park. Trying to re-plan the weekend now.

27/03/2013 at 14:25

I nipped outside for a quick little run/walk at lunchtime. 2 miles of brisk run and walk. No way I could have run at the weekend as far too cold for my lungs.

27/03/2013 at 20:16

I don't feel so bad at my lack of training with others seeming to be struggling with the cold.  I did two swim sessions and all I can say is that it's coming along.  My chests and arm muscles hurt this morning from last nights session which can only be a good thing.

My only question now is that now I've been training hard for 3 months....why don't I have a 6 pack?

27/03/2013 at 20:39

Pete, I have been training hard for 3 years and still don't have a six pack! Although being a lady may have something to do with that... how come I can be slim everywhere else and still have 2 inches of fat on my tum???

Yes, I did a bitterly cold 19 miles on the bike this morning. Good thing I was with my bike group cos the valve broke off the back inner tube and they helped me change it . There are some plus points to being a (relatively) young lady with a group of lovely gents.

Chicken casserole.

IronCat5    pirate
27/03/2013 at 22:07

Good ride Chili.

TRack session tonight. Slightly tender achilles; next week is a bike week so i may completely drop the runs from that week.

Sausages and yorkshire puddings with homemade hot-cross buns

27/03/2013 at 22:16

Well done Chili, I turboed again this evening for an hour, calves felt crampy.

Lamb mince, mash and courgettes, banana and yoghurt.

27/03/2013 at 22:25

should have added - Pineapple upside cake

28/03/2013 at 07:05

Mmmm hotcross buns nom nom nom!  Went for run on Tuesday enough of the ice had melted that I only had to dodge a few nasty patches, bitterly cold tho'.  Swim last night I was knackered even the coach commented on it, but I kept on going and completed my sets.  I then came home to find Mr Buttercup had made easteregg muffins for me to take to work - gotta love that!

Razor51    pirate
28/03/2013 at 18:59
I had a brilliant run 5.6 mile last with Horse last night, felt really strong and pushed the pace a bit including 3 sub 8.45 m/m but it was bloody freezing , the sweat on my fleece was freezing up as we ran but still enjoyed it , going for a swim tonight with H, then thats it until Sundays sprint tri , hope the weather improves
IronCat5    pirate
28/03/2013 at 19:44

Nice one Razor!

IronCat5    pirate
28/03/2013 at 22:24

So this week was a run focus. Tuesday's tempo run left me with quote a lot of blisters and sore feet. Took my elastic laces out and used normal laces.

Yesterday's track session was good but hard work in the cold. I didn't really get warm even after an hour & a quarter. Feet were still sore but the tightly laced shoes were better. LH achilles was a tad tender afterwards.

Tonight's turbo was an easier session than normal to give the legs a chance to recover. May do a big turbo tomorrow or try to get out. Either way I need to do some maintenance on the bike. Turbo wheel has loose bearings and I don't have a road wheel with a casette on it at the moment!

29/03/2013 at 08:11

morning all

some good training going on

sun is oout here, but still very cold. I am going to turbo this morning, then lunch out, then long fast walk this afternoon. Knee felt bad yesterday, I think I had twisted strangely at school chasing around after naughty kids, but found a really sore spot on my shin and gave it a good but painful massage and that seems to have released the feeling in my knee. The area I massaged feels a bit bruisy today -will have to google and look up those muscles 

IronCat5    pirate
29/03/2013 at 12:27

30km ridden in the sun! w00p!

29/03/2013 at 15:44

well done cat

did a slow turbo, was planning on a long run, but anterior tibialis/ankle feeling dodgy so canned the long walk I had planned. Long snooze on the sofa instead

Razor51    pirate
29/03/2013 at 16:12
Nice one Cat
Razor51    pirate
29/03/2013 at 20:07
1500 swim done last night nice and steady
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.