Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,401 to 8,420 of 15,801 messages
17/04/2013 at 12:16

Blast their no nudity rule.   Cheers Dustboy, I think I'm probably better laying out for a tri suit then.

17/04/2013 at 12:45

Last year I got some cheap tri stuff from start fitness - tri shorts and a top, thought I would prefer it to a tri suit. I still haven't shelled out for a tri suit, and think it would be awkward for going to the loo!

17/04/2013 at 12:49

Delete - cross post

Edited: 17/04/2013 at 12:50
Dustboy    pirate
17/04/2013 at 12:51

If budget is an issue, just buy tri shorts. Wiggle. Though personally, after some years in a 2 piece, I went over to one piece last year. I am much faster in a one piece, mainly coz people laugh at me and I want to get away.

One piece is a toughie for the loo. 

17/04/2013 at 12:52

Cheers mathschick, I was just wondering if tri shorts might be a better choice.  I don't want my breaststroke to be made any more diffiult than needed, but I do want some padding for the cycling as I'm still very new to this stuff and not feeling that comfortable on the saddle at the moment.

Dustboy    pirate
17/04/2013 at 12:54

X post again?

17/04/2013 at 12:54

Cheers Dustboy, yes - the ringing laughter could be an incentive, but the way I swim, I'll get that whatever I wear.

17/04/2013 at 12:55
Dustboy wrote (see)

X post again?

Hehe - lots of it about today.

Dustboy    pirate
17/04/2013 at 13:06

Stratford is a lot of fun. Done it 3 times. Enjoy. Don't jump the traffic lights! 

17/04/2013 at 13:10

Cheers Dustboy,  fun is what I'm hoping for. I've driven down and checked out the route, and know where the lights are.  It looks about as user friendly a route as I could hope for, so I think I'll be okay.

17/04/2013 at 19:56

Evening everyone

Another 20 miles cycling today in sunshine but very strong wind. Just under 2hrs. Was hoping for a bit further but as usual work and kids got in the way. Was very nice to be in short sleaves for some of it though

17/04/2013 at 20:28

Good going everyone

Been travelling all over the country with work looking at boilers.  Itching to get out on my bike and get to the gym, couple of runs but I miss the trails.  Looking forward to getting home.

17/04/2013 at 20:32

well done chili, 2 hours is good, and pretty hard work in this weather. I have decided to cycle to work on Friday instead of tomorrow, the wind is awful and I have a meeting after school that could drag on, and have to be back to sort the kids out while OH takes the youngest swimming, so not the best day to be late because it takes me ages to cycle!

17/04/2013 at 20:57

Yep, well done Chili, nice ride.

I went for my usual short lunch time run. After Monday's hotness, today's run was in perfect conditions, cool and bit of breeze but fine with a t-shirt on. Run with 3 guys and we were going slightly quicker than normally but felt really good.

17/04/2013 at 20:57

I second the head wind is hideous just saps the energy.  Good work Chilli!  I had  a good swim tonight my coach said my stroke is looking more confident and I'm using my legs properly - must be doing something right although I have to say it was hard work tonight.

IronCat5    pirate
17/04/2013 at 21:38

Evening all.

Eco - do you hit the hotel gyms or is it out and back every day? I've been manic recently. Nice run Mikasa. Chili - biking queen!

Maths, the wind is hard work but will make you stronger.

DB I also prefer the one piece now.

Need to start packing for Holland.

17/04/2013 at 22:40

Good Luck IronCat and enjoy, I expect the race report to be full of detail.

I spent a few hours in pleasant company at Excel and bought 6 pairs of socks all on special offer. I have seen the profile of the Loch Ness marathon and cannot believe that it is mainly downhill, might put it on the bucket list to do.

Home late so no training, going to do my long ride Saturday not Sunday so I get to watch some of the London marathon.

18/04/2013 at 18:51

Ride to work took 25 mins (horrible head/side wind the whole way), ride home (exact same route) took 14.55 mins (17.1mph av) - rocking the tailwind!  Ran 2 miles tonight into the headwind past all the peeps sitting stock still in the traffic on the A road  purposefully ignoring the looks I must have been getting cause I doubt it was pretty running tonight!  

18/04/2013 at 20:43

Good luck Cat5!

I can only stay in one particular chain of hotel which don't have gyms.  Back home now though and my new bib shorts have arrived  I got some thermal bib shorts as I'm tiny and feel the cold but want to wear shorts.

Hope the wind drops for the weekend though.

18/04/2013 at 21:47

A gentle 5K for me.  Only 3 days to go...I've seen a couple of articles called "breakfast for champions"...but what about "breakfast for middle aged bloke with muffin top in overly tight tri-shorts".

I'm probably going to be too nervous to eat but I'd like some ideas for a good breakfast.  I'll have to leave the house at 9am and the race starts at 11.30am at the earliest....should I have something else to eat around 10.30?

Any suggestions?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.