Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,481 to 8,500 of 15,821 messages
22/04/2013 at 21:47

Well done Cat, hope you get a chance to sleep on the plane to San Fran to recover.

22/04/2013 at 22:14

cat - fantasic, well done!

MrsD - yep, masters swim is the over 25s section of a swim club, I joined a ffew months ago, I am in the slow lane, but everyone is lovely and it is good to have coached sessions rather than swimming on my own. So I go to 2 masters sessions a week and the tri club swim. Not sure that I am getting quicker, but I think my endurance is increasing. Well, a year ago I couldn't swim front crawl properly and on Saturday I am doing a 5k swimmathon, so that is definitely progress and next year if I do the swimmathon again I should see an amazing difference in time

22/04/2013 at 22:18

buttercup - those look good, not sure June is going to be good for me, doing the outlaw half the week before and dambuster on the 22nd. Well, let's see what the consultant says he is going to do to my knee - I am not doing any more entries till I know what is going on, and just hoping I am going to be able to do the events I have entered already

22/04/2013 at 23:16

Aw Cat that is wonderful! Enjoy San Fran. Will you go running the hills? Haven't been to many USA cities but it was my favourite of those I've seen. Many years ago now.

MrsD - hubby and I are cycling 50 miles to Cambridge on Thursday, staying overnight and cycling home on Friday. Am looking forward to it. Will be wonderful if it doesn't rain too much.

WhizKid    pirate
23/04/2013 at 06:42
Well done cat! Your 5k is about the same as mine I know at that speed it hurts!

MrsD - I did use too be a big fat dude until I took up mtb and tri (about 20 stone) now I'm about 12,4 and 6ft 1... Anyway my main goals are ironman focused, I do have quite a lot of oly fists this year but completed my first IM last year with a 11:09 finish at Henley, this year I'm planning on sub 10:30 and next year I plan on going for kona at IMUK with a sub 10 finish.... This is a big ask but it's doable and my coach says I can make it!
23/04/2013 at 07:13

Well Done Cat!  I'd be grinning too!

Mathschick: 5km swim - rock on with your bad self! 

Chilibean:  That sounds like fun - husband picked up his new bike on Saturday and loves it he wants to cross Penines at some point this summer - don't know if I'm up to 100 miles per day over three days tho'. 

Razor51    pirate
23/04/2013 at 09:29
Well done Cat , a great result, pity you can't print a sneaky pirate logo on your GB kit.
Tired Badger    pirate
23/04/2013 at 09:36
Well done cat, impressive times. You said it was the year of the fast runs
Razor51    pirate
23/04/2013 at 09:44
5.5 mile run with Horse last night, a steady 9.45 pace, first 2 miles felt tough but ok after that even managed to run the last 1/2 mile uphill at 5k pace. Didn't have HR monitor on but I'm sure I was we'll above Z2, but feeling good at the moment, going for swim at lunchtime with H.
Razor51    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:17
Swim done 1 mile in 37 mins, happy with that and didn't feel tired after ,it does pay to get those sessions in.
Edited: 23/04/2013 at 14:18
23/04/2013 at 19:08

Pilates class has been cancelled, the instructor's car had broken down. Mr Steady stuck in traffic.

Going to have a lazy evening, but I did swim first thing today.

23/04/2013 at 19:54

Great training Razor. So good to hear how well you are doing.

5 mile run today. Was so nice to be in shorts and vest top for the first time this year.

Have a nice eve Steady.

Razor51    pirate
23/04/2013 at 20:02
Chilli, feeling really positive at the moment and training is going well, I just need to get out more on the bike now the whether is getting better. I know I can beat the cut off in the swim and I will be ok on the run so got to ride the bike more.
23/04/2013 at 20:19

Chili I hear you - went out in my shorts and vest top too - must admit it was nice - the weather was fantastic and the general public ignored the fact I have lovely tide marks 2/3's of the way down my thighs from Saturdays cycle  (forgot to put sunscreen on my legs).  Easy run tonight - time to make it a bit longer I think.

23/04/2013 at 20:23

beautiful day today, cycled to school and back, ten minutes quicker each way than last time 

OH went out cycling today, he hasn't been on a bike for ages so now he has a really sore bum to my amusement

razor - sounds like your training is going well. 

I have been wearing my pirate kit for the commute to work, I get an odd look from the deputy head when he sees me in the mornings

23/04/2013 at 21:26

Nice to be out training in the sun! My 50min run was sabotaged by OH who took me on a 'new' route. Ended up doing 1hr 8mins and 6miles. 
Well done MrCat, you must be so chuffed. Enjoy ur trip.
Razor - cracking stuff, still my inspiration. 
Chili - sounds like a lovely idea. Wish I could talk my OH into something like that.
Steady - enjoy your lazy evening.
Maths- top cycling. Pirate kit certainly brings about a few strange looks! 
Hope the run went well Buttercup. I'm settling down with liver casserole and mash. Really wish I had a glass of wine!

23/04/2013 at 22:35

MC, I had someone make an odd comment at the weekend, they mistook the pirate cycle jacket for Hells Angels.

Razor51    pirate
24/04/2013 at 08:34
Mrs D. The best way to get your run miles in is to get lost, I went out one day with Horse to do 6 miles, we took a wrong turn in the woods and finished up running up the hard shoulder of the M62 motorway (dickheads) we eventually found our way home only to find out we had run 11 miles.
Razor51    pirate
24/04/2013 at 10:52
Another 5.2 miles in the bank this morning, just me and my music, 48.21 couldn't believe my pace, 9.12 m/ mile dead chuffed and felt great

Mathschick , don't you feel good wearing the black and yeller it certainly gives you a boost when people aaarrrrgh at you
Edited: 24/04/2013 at 10:56
24/04/2013 at 11:58

Good work Razor, really cracking on. Rest day for me today. Off to work. Have a top day all!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.