Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,561 to 8,580 of 15,450 messages
29/04/2013 at 19:26

Evening!

That's interesting Cat. When my week goes according to plan I'm doing about 8 a week which includes my pilates class .... but I'm a lot slower than you When are the 2014 qualifiers? and where?

Pete - canoe trip sounds exciting!

Just done 5 mile run.

29/04/2013 at 19:48

Mathschick - Yeah that would be cool but I don't have a car so getting to Sixhills on a Tuesday might be a bit of an ask .  Saturdays I would be okay to bike there, have a swim and bike home The hot drink sounds good!

29/04/2013 at 22:11

buttercup - I think the coach from my tri club might be planning to do a couple of coached sessions there, I'll let you know when they are going to be - I am sure she wouldn't mind you coming along

30/04/2013 at 06:55

Sweet - sounds good mathschick

30/04/2013 at 17:06

hello? Anyone here today?

Short bike ride and 60 lengths swim

30/04/2013 at 17:26

I am going to Pilates shortly.
Needed my early night and plenty of sleep feeling better but still run down, work is a bit manic at the moment and this weekend is a visit to FiL and Mr Steady's birthday so not sure how much training will get done.

30/04/2013 at 17:31

Giving my legs a rest as much as I can this week since they're going to get a hammering on Sunday - so only biking to work and a swim tomorrow got up to 31mph coming home down a lovely big hill  

30/04/2013 at 18:12

buttercup - what are you doing on Sunday? Sorry if you have posted before - I lose track easily. 

I am biking to work tomorrow, had a run/walk this morning, sticking with run 2 mins walk 2 and felt ok, might up it to 3 min runs next week

30/04/2013 at 18:29

No worries Im doing the Tour of the National Forest sportive - I chose the 160km (100mile) option so I will be on the bike for a decent outing - good thing there's a bank holiday on Monday - my legs will enjoy the couch and the compression gear 

Good job with the running! 

30/04/2013 at 18:33

oh, I remember now!

steady - the start times and race numbers are up for outlaw half major wibbles

Dustboy    pirate
30/04/2013 at 22:02

Had my three yearly work sponsored medical today and an hour to kill after so took advantage of being dressed for the exercise ECG and went for a trot after. Planned on about 5K. Anyway, stopped off at the LBS and stopped the Garmin. Podged around in there a bit and set off again. Anyway, after what seemd an age looked down and thought that I hadn't covered much mileage. 20 mins later, looked again, I had forgotten to restart it. So, er 5 or six miles then. Oops!

30/04/2013 at 22:26

DB that's the sort of thing I do.

Mathschick, I will have a look and fear major wibbling will be on the agenda tomorrow.

01/05/2013 at 06:37

Mathschick and Steady: deep breathing ladies and wibbles will be gone!  You've done the work - see yourselves doing it and you will do it Practice your positive self talk for when it gets hard and rock on! 

01/05/2013 at 07:41

DB - just the kind of thing I do too! So annoying.

Steady - I think you were only a few numbers down the list from me and same start time, so we can hold hands up to the swim start!

01/05/2013 at 08:20

MC yes, I saw that, at least having done the swim for Outlaw last year I know what I am letting myself in for regarding the swim.

Question to anyone that has done a HIM, do you just change into bike shoes and go at T1 similar to fast transition in sprint or oly distance, or like full IM change into dry shorts/top etc then out?

01/05/2013 at 08:43

glad you asked the question, steady, I had been wondering that!

Also - how do bike feed stations work? Are you supposed to keep moving and try to grab something without falling off or do you stop (without setting out a pcinic), get something and set off again?

01/05/2013 at 09:27

I will probably stop at the feed station as I wobble too much, a minute to get food and drink will be a small price to pay compared with ballsing up a moving effort and then bonking due to no fuel or liquid. Plus getting out of the saddle may give relief.

01/05/2013 at 09:35

Still plenty of time to stop in transition and make sure you have everything you need  But maybe don't pop the kettle on 

Feed statioeither work either way. Just make sure if you're going through without stopping you slow down and discard any old bottles in the goal posts first 

01/05/2013 at 10:12

Happychap, you know me well. No kettle to be put on, but the sunscreen will be. I heard that doing the crossword was not acceptable either.

Better try practising throwing bottles accurately, deffo not my strong point.

At least I have a sprint race to practise the T1 and T2.

01/05/2013 at 11:08

steady - yes, I'll need to cover myself in suncream as I burn really easily - which I guess means needing to dry off as well

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.