Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,581 to 8,600 of 15,636 messages
01/05/2013 at 13:36

I'm planning on as little as possible in transitions as I fear I will be chasing cut offs.

01/05/2013 at 15:12

Alibear I would normally think on the lines of as little as poss, but the sunscreen is a must, I tan easily even using P20. I have a history of doing Gatwick to Brighton by bike and ending up in A&E for sunburn. Comfort for hours on the bike is important or otherwise I will be going slower than normal. Chasing cut offs is my worst fear and know its likely a reality for finishing the bike.

Razor51    pirate
01/05/2013 at 18:35

Little brick session today, 10mile bike followed by a little run, getting ready for the DIY Half on Saturday.   

01/05/2013 at 19:38

Sounds like you are on top form Razor

Steady, Ali, MC - Oh I'm so excited for you and the others doing the half in a months time. I would take the time in T1 to be dressed right too.

Went out tonight to do another run but remembered that I have been mostly cycling for April so isn't wise to jump straight back up to 25 mile week. So just did 3 miles.

01/05/2013 at 19:44

did a sufferfest turbo (with mini transitions to cook the kids' tea) followed by a 2 mile run - and I hardly walked at all knee was niggly but ok

01/05/2013 at 20:50

Aw guys, so exciting with all the HIM banter going round. You'll all be grand, have complete faith! Maths, glad knee holding up.
Have fun at the DIY Razor. 
800m or 1000m swim done yesterday. Not overly sure as I admit I lost count. Hour run done tonight - 5.5 miles. Off to Bristol tomorrow to do a bit of OW again. Hopefully will be better than last time. 
Good running Chili, take it steady.

Razor51    pirate
01/05/2013 at 20:51

Chilli, feeling good at the moment wise move not jumpimg in with long distances

Maths, well done on your run

01/05/2013 at 21:03

70 lengths in an hour - 1500 in 50  wanted to see if I could do it in 40 but wasn't really feeling it tonight but that was probably tea sitting heavy.

01/05/2013 at 21:30

you lot are putting me to shame...I haven't done any swimming or cycling since the race.  I'm concentrating on my running for the 10K, although I can do that in my sleep now...perhaps I should take my bike back to work and find a 20K route to play on.

What's the deal about asking for sponsorship for the 10K I'm doing.  Is it ok to post my giving page on here or is it frowned upon?

01/05/2013 at 23:10

Pete - on a thread like this one where you are known and among 'friends', I think it is fine to post a link and let folk sponsor you if they wish. Over on RW the people on our thread have been together for 3 yrs and we often sponsor each other. If you start posting it on threads where you're not known you will get a lot of verbal hassle . Many folk will be doing events for charity but an equal number run or tri because that is who they are/what they do.

IronCat5    pirate
02/05/2013 at 05:58

You're all hitting it hard

Ran with the local tri club yesterday - something like ~140m gain in the 4km warmup. Then some pickups to take the total to 11km. Everything stiff and sore today which was strange. Was going to run home from work but stayed late then ate out.

Flying home Friday!

02/05/2013 at 08:13

cycled to work this morning, beautiful morning but my always arrive like blocks of ice. Might be the last chance as OH starts a new job next week and I will back on dropping off / picking up kids duty which doesn't give me time to commute to work. But with the lighter mornings I will be able to get out more before leaving for work on the bike anyway

02/05/2013 at 20:36

Wood hoo - 1300m OW swim done! So much better than last week. Very big smile on my face 

02/05/2013 at 20:55

Yayayayay Mrs D!! 

Good work everyone   Nothing but my commute today my legs will thank me later

02/05/2013 at 22:26

This evening it was Mr and Mrs Steady cycling. We did 12.2 miles in just over the hour, without an argument or one having to wait for the other. Nice flat as possible route to the bottom of Box hill and back.

Must remember to stretch before going to bed or I will be very stiff and sore in the morning.

Mrs D, wow, I am going to my first OW swim of the year at the weekend and do not expect to do more than 800m.

Dustboy    pirate
02/05/2013 at 22:44

Tri club first night at the Blackbushe kart track tonight. Gotta be some of the best fun on two wheels. Only about ten miles of a 3/4 mile go kart track but by the end some of the guys and gals were going for it full Cav stylee.

Got to be THE best bike interval training. I was taking it moderately easy but even I was averaging 18mph. Really helps to learn your bikes handling.

03/05/2013 at 06:02

Deleted

Edited: 03/05/2013 at 12:05
03/05/2013 at 19:20

Oh DB, that does sound fun!!! Would love to have a go at that.

Well done Mrs D

Just back from a lovely evening ride with my gorgeous No.2 girl. We cycled for an hour along the tow path. Then bought a bag of chips to share in the sunshine and cycled the hour home.

Dustboy    pirate
03/05/2013 at 21:20

Yeah Chili, they do an elimination race for a laugh. Basically you do a warm up then a lap at race speed. Then each successive lap, the last one is "out", so it's all very tactical until 30 yards fortm ehe line then all hell breaks loose, till the next lap. Massive interval training high! Better not tell Cat5, he'll be along!

IronCat5    pirate
03/05/2013 at 22:15

You should be tapering for Monday DB! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.