Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,681 to 8,700 of 15,450 messages
09/05/2013 at 20:56

yeah, I am just generally a bit tired I think, combination of work, stress at home with OH and his work situation and probably events on 3 consecutive weekends - 2 tris and the swimathon. Planning an early morning run tomorrow and hopefully there will be time for a turbo session in the evening while OH cooks

MrsD - get an early night and a good sleep. If you feel exhausted there is little point trying to train

IronCat5    pirate
09/05/2013 at 21:44

Maths, I'm also mojo less at the moment. Strangely I do want to run but having an enforced couple of weeks off to really sort this achilles thing out.

I *should* go swimming, but CBA. I did head out in the rain to a local 10mile TT though. Registered and it was cold. Did some warmup laps and got warmer. Decicded to give it a go (had been considering binning it).

Outbound 5mi was downhill and in to wind, return lap was uphill and downwind. No idea of time due to Garmn issues

MrsD - are you mentally tired or physically tired?

Razor51    pirate
09/05/2013 at 22:08

6 mile run with Horse tonight, first run since saturdays DIY Half, enjoyed it but was glad when it was done and it was slow, 10.08m/m  

09/05/2013 at 22:20

Buttercup- Sorry to hear about the fall - I've only ridden my bike once and 0 from 1 so far - but as I use it more the risks increase! Hope chocolate and cake have helped.

Went out for a gentle short run tonight - only 4 miles and really struggled. Have come home and sneezing, sore throat and runny nose - arghhhhhh!

MC you sound like you are doing a ton of training- not surprised you are tired. I've decided to skip my planned easy swim tomorrow morning and have sent OH out to buy chocolate!

SCJ are you registering on Saturday afternoon?

09/05/2013 at 22:35

Mrs Digger, I have the all singing and dancing 910XT. I skipped the bike ride due to the weather, too much wind and rain. Tried a turbo but not feeling good so gave up.

Razor, good run after your exploits at the weekend, the reports all seem to show people much faster than myself.

EmmaC I am planning on registering on Sunday about 8.15am, unless I can work out how to fit in a bike ride and getting to and from East Grinstead on Saturday along with an OW swim at Thorpe and a haircut. If you register on Saturday pop into the thread and let me know your number so I can look out for you.

09/05/2013 at 22:45

Blimey Steady - sounds like a chocca weekend.

I'll post my number - want to go well ahead as don't know what I'm doing really as first time. 

Razor- only just twigged that Horse must be someone's nickname - thought you were running with your actual horse! 

IronCat5    pirate
10/05/2013 at 08:09
EmmaC wrote (see)
Razor- only just twigged that Horse must be someone's nickname - thought you were running with your actual horse! 

Razor is turning in to a world class runner of late!

Enjoy racing this weekend everyone. Good luck Stady & Emma.

10/05/2013 at 10:12

Blimey Steady, that's some time management. Good luck!
Indeed Mr Cat, Razor has certainly become a bit of a legend! 
I think I'm mentally and physically pooped out Mr Cat. Focusing on race at weekend then on holiday. So will all be good. Off for a swim then work. 
Not surprised you're worn out Maths. Give yourself a break me dear. Is there anyone you can bike with? 

Good luck to all this weekend! 

10/05/2013 at 10:15

Popped back to thank everybody for the support with my question the other day, and wish you all good luck with your weekend events.  Have fun, I look forward to sharing reports afterwards.

10/05/2013 at 14:23

MrsD - which race are you doing?

Some of my tri club do go for rides at the weekend, but I think they are much faster than me and also they start at a fairly civilised time which means they spend half the day on the ride - not really practical for me as I need to get back and spend time with the family.

10/05/2013 at 18:30

Evening everyone

Razor is indeed a legend but Horse is also a real hero. Emma, you perhaps don't know Razor's and Horse's story of last year but they played a big part at the Pirates Outlaw Tri last July.

DS - all the best for this weekend!

Maths - take care of yourself. And Mrs D

Just back from a 10 mile with daughter on the bike. I haven't done a long run for 6 weeks and was expecting to struggle, but I actually did a pretty good time for me and feel great.

10/05/2013 at 18:43

Mathschick if you are able to get the car out early burly next weekend (not this one as the husband and I are off to Liverpool to a gig ) and come down Loughborough ways Im always keen to get out early in the morning - less vehicles and you can get a good three or four hours in time to get back for husband cooking eggs bene or pancakes for brunch  

Yayay Chilli! Good luck everyone competing this weekend - look forward to reading your reports

10/05/2013 at 18:57

thanks buttercup - I'll see how I get on this weekend. Might be ordering a speedfill from wiggle! I'm seriously wondering whether I will manage outlaw half, and swing from thinking, 'just give it a go, doesn't even matter if I don't finish' to 'don't bother'. Well, don't have to decide till the day anyway. Haven't done much training this week, so hopefully should be fairly fresh for a ride on Sunday, I'll see how that goes.

had a run this morning, was thinking of turbo this evening but I am tired, long day, long week at school, got home late, excuses, excuses. Early night tonight should leave me feeling more in the mood for exercise tomorrow 

Razor51    pirate
10/05/2013 at 19:15

Cat, chilli..Mrs D... I wouldn't go as far as that  but still need to bike more 

Emma... Sometimes I wish I could jump on Horse's back instead of running home 

( he is my son in law)

Edited: 10/05/2013 at 19:16
10/05/2013 at 22:29

Mathschick, your and my brains area thinking the same thoughts, ranging from positive to negative and back again.

Emma, my number is 238, look out for me wearing a yellow bike jacket with skull and crossbones on whilst getting sorted out. If the weather is reasonable will probably go for the purple trisuit and yellow armwarmers.

Off to bed now, tired after a busy week, so did a few chores but no training tonight unless you can call a mile and a half walk training, it was brisk.

11/05/2013 at 00:16

Not long till yr 11 and 13 go Mathschick (if you are secondary?!)  I think you should just get to the line and see ow you feel - I'm a fine one to talk because I always want to to better and am disappointedwhen I perform even more poorly than usual. But when I sayIto myself it doesn't matter the. I enjoy the run.

Razor - what would Horse say?  Still asking me giggle now - seemed sort of reasonable for a while - after all people run with their dogs.

Steady - how have you got your number already? I'm popping along tomorrow - probably with my two beastie boys in tow. I'm still not sure what to wear - terrified I'll be freezing on the bike! I'll probably have a Paris hoodie and puffs on as really feel the cold - I've also got a really naff back. I'll be wandering around confused and nervous! 

Chilli what's the story about the outlaw tri? I'm assuming that's in Nottingham - a couple of ladies from my club are planning on doing

11/05/2013 at 00:17

That event- I lived in Nottingham for 4 years and would love to go back and see the city again. Ahhh feeling nostalgic!

Razor51    pirate
11/05/2013 at 07:49

4.5 miles run this morning nice easy pace 9.50 ish and feeling good,   Right off to work now, happy training everyone.

11/05/2013 at 07:52

emma - I always do rubbish cos I am slow at everything, but for me finishing is an achievement so I never feel dispappointed even when I do a worse time at a distance! I am always just happy to have taken part and finished in one piece. When I think back to how enormous I was when I had my kids I know I am doing ok.

yes, you are right about just getting to the line and seeing how it goes. Wouldn't be a total failure to get pullled off the bike course for not meeting the cutoffs, as I would have still managed the OW swim etc.

this morning - going to do some strengthening in the gym then masters swimming. 

oh, and yes, I am secondary. My A/S group have their exams this week and next and there isn't a second year to their course so that will be some time freed up, and years 10 and 11 have their last exam 14th June. Then I will just be a bit nervous till results day

IronCat5    pirate
11/05/2013 at 10:19

Maths - maintain a positive mental attitude from now one. That's an order!

You will do it all. Swim, Bike, Run. Beer afterwards. Same fir you Steady; you've experienced an Outlaw finish already.

Good luck to all weekend racers.

Found out I came second on Thursday's timetrial

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.