Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,901 to 8,920 of 15,369 messages
17/05/2013 at 14:37

Nice going Mikasa

Steady I will keep it steady not gonna get carried away like last year 

Glad to hear your all good Chilli apart from sore throat

17/05/2013 at 14:43

I must have joined in after ST's enthusiastic phase as all I remember are his rest days

17/05/2013 at 14:58

Oh yes, the rest days...

My back's bit achy from the run today...maybe bit much with the faster pace and longer runs. Will take it easy next week but keeping the miles.

17/05/2013 at 15:21

*gives ST a massive seal hug* Missed you!

Not read back but hopefully everyone is vaugly fit and well and training is steady?

Last weekends cross country 10km done in an hour taken a while for the legs to sort themselves out, couple of cycles this week but nothing too crazy.

I've also just entered this: http://www.openadventure.com/two-day/2013-wales/

From now on I am going to be doing ALOT of hill training.

17/05/2013 at 16:59

oh well done seal. An hour for a cross-country 10k is pretty quick in my books!

17/05/2013 at 17:49

Yeah, but Seal's yound and fit! The adventure race sounds cool. Wish I was fit enough. Need to remember those events for next year though.

Back still aching...

17/05/2013 at 18:06

Mikasa, you only do as much as you like so you could plan a fun route that takes in 3-4 checkpoints and you have fun or you could kill yourself trying to clear the course. . . .I aim for somewhere in the middle, but it makes the events really accessibly and inspiring as you are racing with people who travel all over the world and are in pro teams

If you fancied doing an event as a pair in the autumn/next year let me know (AR 'season' starts/ends in Autumn)

Razor51    pirate
17/05/2013 at 19:28

50 mile on the bike today with Horse, to Gt Harwood via Swinton Bolton, Darwin, Blackburn and back, loads of hills and then more hills  but feeling good , no aches and pains. 

17/05/2013 at 20:08

erm, buttercup are you still swimming tomorrow even if the weather is bad (forecast is cold and rainy)?

17/05/2013 at 20:15

I will look out the window tomorrow morning and if it is manky and tipping it down I will not be going I will end up just going to the gym and doing a brick on the watt bikes.  If it isn't pouring I will drag my poor bones out will let you know 

17/05/2013 at 20:19

ok,I was thinking the same, if weather bad not worth getting freezing cold for and better off at spinning class

17/05/2013 at 21:07

Wow Razor - great cycling

Took my bike into the shop for a service cos the gears have been clunking. it's going to be expensive cos I need a new chain and sprocket (I think that's what it's called)

Dustboy    pirate
17/05/2013 at 22:24

Very pleasant hour and a half with Soupy tonight on the Hillingdon cycle circuit. Quite good short tri training too. Flattish so constant effort, no vehicles allowed, bikes only. Only 3 quid and blat it round till your legs stop working. Easy free parking, tea and cake. What's not to like? 

Razor51    pirate
17/05/2013 at 22:34

Sounds good Dusty, I think theres a track session somewhere near us oop norf, will havve to search it out.

18/05/2013 at 06:59

weather isn't too bad so there is no excuse - I am off to swim in a cold lake

18/05/2013 at 08:53

Mathschick it's ok for you girls to swim when cold you don't have things that go disappearing lol good luck have fun  

Great cycling Razor not been on my bike for months need to dust it off and go for a spin now weather a bit better. 

Dustyboy that sounds great wish we had a closed circuit just for bikes near me. 

Chilli I have problem with road bike like that since falling off it last winter, to scared on price for getting fixed lol 

Ok did another one mile last night went on my own this time, while running I thought to myself how the heck did I manage my mara no fun in November?Then I started planning my rest day plan in my head which made me feel better lol 

18/05/2013 at 08:54

Buttercup hope you went open water swimming too

18/05/2013 at 09:35

Oh my terrifiedif ow swimming ... Wetsuit needs to be purchased I suppose ... Might try to get one in sale at end of season perhaps.

Good luck everyone training and racing this weeken! X

18/05/2013 at 12:45

Errrr ST I want to say yes I did but at 6ish I looked out the door and went hmmm I don't think so and went back to bed .  I am impressed at MCs fortitude tho' I deferred to go the gym which was the complete opposite it was like a sauna made running and cycling fun. Sweating like a princess!

Oh and I have decided that my new cycle shorts are not at all fun for running in - my old ones were more like tri shorts so were fine to run in.  Need to get some new tri ones methinks.

18/05/2013 at 12:56

oh it was damn cold in that lake this morning, didn't do much swimming and didn't put my head under much. Strangley, I enjoyed it though then went to the masters swim for a proper swim session. Not manh more chances for ow swimming before outlaw half so on Tuesday I will swim round that damn lake a couple of times

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.