Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

8,921 to 8,940 of 15,602 messages
Razor51    pirate
18/05/2013 at 14:09

EmmaC.... look on mytriathlon site, ex hire wetsuits for sale and cheap as well.   

18/05/2013 at 18:17

Ladies, Ladies - do you have any recommendations for a good pair of tri shorts? My cycle shorts are just not going to cut the mustard as I discovered today - was thinking a pair of 2xu comp tri shorts - any others that are good?

18/05/2013 at 18:20

i have some cheap 2xu ones that I got last year and the pirate ones. I quite often just wear running shorts when I am on the bike though

18/05/2013 at 19:15

Well done MC! That was very brave. You certainly deserve a sticker

Parkrun this morning with my two eldest girls and we had a great time. Another record turn out (87) but best of all was my No.2 girl who we (Big Girl & I) decided should have a new PB. And she did! Knocked an amazing 52 seconds off her time to finish in 30:08. Am so proud of her.

18/05/2013 at 19:53

Well done number two Girl 

18/05/2013 at 20:36

wow, well done to your girl chili

18/05/2013 at 20:51

wow, everyone has been really busy...I'm in taper....for a 10k race tomorrow...well...actually...I've been in Florence for 4 days.... eating too much gelato and drinking red wine, but 10k should be fairly easy...although the weather has reverted to gales, rain storms and low cloud...which will make running interesting.  I'm hoping for a sub 50 minute time...actually I want 45 minutes, but under 50 will be ok.

Is anyone doing the global corporate challenge?  It kicks off on thursday, basically you get a step counter and have to record your daily steps everyday for the next 16 weeks...my team is hoping that my triathlon training will give us an advantage so all those gelatos will be a vague memory after the first week...

Keep up the good work and good luck for anyone racing tomorrow.

pete

19/05/2013 at 07:38

morning all

pete - good luck for your 10k. Weather here is lovely today, but I had a rubbish night's sleep - alying awake feeling sick all night so decided the 3 hour bike ride this morning isn't a good idea. Annoyed because it was set to be my last long one before outlaw half. Am going to try for a 2 hour turbo tomorrow morning instead - should have the same training effect on the legs just not the road and drinking/eating while moving practice

my little boy is 9 today, so a party this afternoon and I need to bake a birthday cake

19/05/2013 at 08:31

Morning MC 

What a shame the weather is perfect for a long ride this morning. I'm at an all day football tournament today so no training for me but qualityfamily time. 

19/05/2013 at 09:27

Yayayay CAKE! Yeah I am looking outside the windows now going hmmm why was this not the weather yesterday!  Thought about going for a ride but for some reason going for a long run is appealing today

IronCat5    pirate
19/05/2013 at 10:15

Well done Chilies girl. Good luck Pete. 

Weather here is slightly hungover. Running club annual party and awards night. Got 3 prizes: 10km, XC and runner most likely to tweet whilst running.  

19/05/2013 at 11:47

well, other than a minor panic with my garmin which had turned the gps off for some reason and it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to turn it on, the race went well.  A new PB for me in 47 minutes 16 seconds......the other runners really carry you along.

I don't know if it's the done thing, but I was running for a local charity...http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=PeteGalley...no worries if you've already sponsored loads this year, but if you could sponsor me, that would be good.

thanks.

19/05/2013 at 16:43

well done pete

cat - well done to your on your club awards

I have messed up the icing on the cake, oops! Oh well, only boys here (apart from me) so they won't even notice

19/05/2013 at 18:17

Well done Pete on the race and PB!

Cat Sounds like a great club night. Well done.

MC - give them the pot of icing and get them to do their own slice. I bet they would enjoy that most

Big news in our house is that my 6yr old Smidgie girl has finally managed to ride her bike without stabilisers. For some reason she just couldn't get the balance/co-ordination right, but has now cracked it. Am very happy. Now we just need to build her strength and endurance so I don't have to keep towing her on our family bike rides.

19/05/2013 at 18:21

CB does she have the magic spokey dokeys? They make any bike BETTER

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-Spokey-Dokey-Spoke-Beads/dp/B004CXZSDA

19/05/2013 at 18:36

Busy on this thread this weekend I see. Visit to FiL yesterday so no training, crammed it all into today.

Catching up the comments are
2XU tri shorts, wore some Altura bike shorts today, not good at all. Race will be in the 2XU's.

Well done Cat, I can imagine you tweeting on a run, good award.

MC, I was brave and OW swum this morning, the lake was 12degrees so did 3 x 400m loops.

I did my practice nutrition bike ride, 30 miles in 2 and a half hours, all went OK apart from the shorts.

Finished off with a total of 6 miles walked, looking at bluebells.

My feet ache, feel very tired, dinner is in oven, so early night is on the cards.

19/05/2013 at 18:46

CJ - well done on all your training today. I too am having an early night, determined to be up at 4 and do two sufferfest turbo sessions to make a 2 hour session before work tomorrow. I might be slightly hungry after that so better take some healthy snacks

Razor51    pirate
19/05/2013 at 18:50

23 miles on the bike this morning followed with a 3.6 mile run, legs felt great considering I pushed it on the bike 16.4mph avg, 9.29 min/ mile pace on the run, Just as I started my run the first song to come on my I phone was Queens " I want to ride my bicycle" after a tough ride I thought to myself " Feck off Freddy"  

Edited: 19/05/2013 at 18:52
19/05/2013 at 20:10

I'm just starting out, so can I join this thread? At the moment I have no swimming or biking PB's as I've not been near a pool or a bike for several years. I broke my 5k PB yesterday, with 27.45, and I'm in training for a marathon in 6 weeks. I thought of tri as cross training as well as improving my running. That's why I'm here, lurking no more 

Razor51    pirate
19/05/2013 at 20:20

Welcome Steve, you do know this is a slippery slope into oblivion dont you?   

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.