Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,181 to 9,200 of 17,570 messages
06/06/2013 at 17:42

...and there is nothing worse than being pulled off at some lay-by by a Marshall! 

Well I never Mr Cake! 

06/06/2013 at 17:44

Did they charge you Cake?

06/06/2013 at 18:06

Lol!

The white water rafting was soooo much fun. It was at the Olympic Salom canoe site which is in our town. we had to jump in a few times, but our boat didn't tip over.

And I'm very excited because they are holding some aquathons through the summer. Just short ones - 500m ow swim, 5.5k run . But they are on a Tuesday night so I might be able to get to one or two!

Today seems to be all about water cos tonight we have a Sunday School versus Youth water fight. As Youth and Children's Pastor I guess I'll have to be in middle

06/06/2013 at 18:18

Sounds like fun and with the weather nice and warm a great day out.

06/06/2013 at 19:26

Steady, just read through your fab report. So sorry about the ending, I know you'll come back stronger! Enjoy your shorter races and give it large! 

Chili, that sounds wicked. Would love to do that.

06/06/2013 at 20:03

I have just got back on the bike, literally, went for a ride with Mr Steady. The foot is still not happy to pedal, so did 30 minutes on an gentle undulating route, still managed 12.5 mph though so not too bad. I decided to err on the side of caution and not go mad.

Now where is the ice pack?

Edited: 06/06/2013 at 20:04
Razor51    pirate
06/06/2013 at 21:05

2k OW swim last night (15.9c) it felt quite warm, the Wigan Warriors turned up for a swim, I stood next to one of them and I felt like a midget. 

5.5 mile run tonight with Horse, it was 21c but it made a change to run in shorts and vest, avg 9.35 min/mile pace so did alright in the heat. 

06/06/2013 at 21:29

Good job at 'getting back in the saddle' Steady! Hope the ice is doing its job.

Nice swim Razor, sounds like a sunny run out. 

Managed a 1500m swim yesterday, 60min run done today. Improvement from the start of the week. 

Hows injuries and hopefully not so sickly kids? 

06/06/2013 at 22:52

Steady!!!! You have made me blub! What a great report- I think you are fabulous for getting to the start.

With a long distance event like that I really believe the training is actually wRoth the medal. On the day things can knock you off course and you sound likethere's were some odds against you from when you hurt your toe!

You'll be back and stronger for it too! Are you doing east Grinstead again next year? 

07/06/2013 at 17:44

OK, I have had a word with OH and he is glad to be off the hook and not go to Rutland, so I am going to do the piglet Means I won't have recced the route for Dambuster, but never mind, have a feeling I am going to enjoy piglet, and not feel any pressure for time cutoffs, finishing last etc (well, apart from the fact that I might not finish last). Let's all of us that are going to be there make sure we meet up at the end and have ice creams together

07/06/2013 at 18:06

Nom icecream top idea MC!

07/06/2013 at 18:07

much nicer to sit and have a chat and an ice cream at the end - specially as I will be there on my own, would feel a bit lovely just to get in the car and go home

better go and do my entry....

07/06/2013 at 18:16

Steady, have just burnt the kids tea reading your race report, hope you are feeling a bit less sore by now. Lots of hugs xx

Cortina5    pirate
07/06/2013 at 21:31

Good training everyone. Good to get back out Steady? Where are you Parkrunning?

Evening all. Another mental week in Germany with work. Plenty of flooding and a bit of running (which is still cuasing problems). I should really stop running and let the Achilles fix itself. Or I should see the doctor or a phys or something.

Jealous of your running Razor

Dustboy    pirate
07/06/2013 at 21:34

Am running with Steady at Frimley parkrun & Lord H tomoz Cat. Recover well, old man.....

Cortina5    pirate
07/06/2013 at 21:38
Dustboy wrote (see)

Am running with Steady at Frimley parkrun & Lord H tomoz Cat. Recover well, old man.....

Cool. I shall be there supporting the Cat family. A little bimble can't hurt can it?

07/06/2013 at 21:46

I'm parkrunning too!  It's cake week at ours so I've made a lemon drizzle loaf and some coffee and walnut cup cakes (cos a round cake is hard to cut and eat without plates)

My planned LSR didn't really happen. Only managed 1hr 40 mins cos I was sooooo tired. First time I have struggled to keep my eyes open whilst actually still running.

Dustboy    pirate
07/06/2013 at 22:01

Your bimble is me flat out!

08/06/2013 at 06:55

Ironcat, feeling nervous giving a pirate advice from my newbie tri status, but did have protracted Achilles probs when running. Please see a physio early as different types of pain at different levels of the tendon mean different things. Also mine was always triggered around the time I needed to change trainers. So may be an excuse to go shopping. 

Hope everyone has a chance to see the sun this weekend, just off on the bike before the kids get up, husband on call from 9am so will be grumpy as hell so forcast mixed in my house!

08/06/2013 at 12:20

I have done my first ever Parkrun, Frimley with Dustboy, Lord H and IronCat, well to be honest we all spoke to each other before the start then I did not see them until the end. DB came back down the course and ran in with me, IronCat called out before heading off with the family, Lord H never seen again.

36 minutes, ran all the way, foot not too bad. The poorly toes had cramped up as I drove into the car park. It is a lovely course as flat, running along the canal was great, seeing the ducks and ducklings, will do it again sometime. Shame its a long way for me to go, but I will try out a closer one next time.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.