Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,181 to 9,200 of 15,122 messages
04/06/2013 at 19:55

......which would be so much nicer than last out of 1000+ (my normal place is last)

04/06/2013 at 20:02

and they give you icecream if you do - throw cake in and I'll give you a good run for your money   

04/06/2013 at 20:04

let me sleep on it! 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/06/2013 at 20:10

MC it's easy .... do the Big Sow on the 16th (same day as the piglet) then do the Wild Boar in September!

The Big Sow will be an insight into the course and lake so then you can ACE the Wild Boar.

The folks are LOVELY - I did the wild boar and was told that as long as I kept going I would finish. No time limit.

I was last (as was cake) and we got a huge piggy bank (!) buff and a bottle of wine. Oh and the marshal ran in with us then bought us ice-cream!

it's a must do!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/06/2013 at 20:10

you know you want to do it!

04/06/2013 at 20:41

sounds brill!! Not sure about doing the big sow - I have an oly distance the following weekend - might be a bit much? What do others think? the one the following weekend has cut offs, so don't want to go into it knackered,

EP - just out of interest how long did the boar take you?

04/06/2013 at 20:49

Ep - I remember you doing the Boar and seeing the pics. Think Cake had a big influence on your swim. was pretty inspirational for me! 

04/06/2013 at 21:11

Little piggy might be a better bet but it would completely be up to you MC you know what you are capable of and if you do the Oly then I will definately be cheering you on when I'm done racing!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/06/2013 at 21:32

cake got me through that swim 100% I was ok for the 1st 50m and last 50m but the rest was him

MC err 8hrs and a bit I think!

04/06/2013 at 23:15

What a Sunday.  What a day - we all went to Chester  .  He he - you swim in the water - you get on your bike.  Watch the chavs opening cars in the race car parks.  All the Police and they ignore you.    www.d2ride.co.uk  All in the glorious sunshine.  Some good times.  Some good shots.

05/06/2013 at 07:56

EP - well, that is about the time that I would imagine I would take - around and hour for the swim, 4 for the bike and 3 for the run

going to talk to OH as I had sorted mentioned the going to Rutland on the 16th as a family trip out (don't think they realise I want to drive round the bike course) and he might get sulky, but I am liking the idea of doing piglet, can think of it as a training day rather than a race, and that might set me up nicely for dambuster the week after. If I wasn't doing dambuster would go for the sow

05/06/2013 at 11:05

ok, the peeps from the wild boar say:

We dont apply cut off times as we like to encourage all athletes to complete the race.   Times to use as a guide would be 60 mins swim, 5 hour bike and 3 hour run/walk.   sounds good to me - I reckon I can do that steady - do you fancy it? 5 hours for the bike is well within our reach!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/06/2013 at 11:12

I'm hoping to do it if I recover from Outlaw in time so will be right at the back again!
It is lovely folks so do give it a go!

05/06/2013 at 11:16
mathschick wrote (see)

ok, the peeps from the wild boar say:

We dont apply cut off times as we like to encourage all athletes to complete the race.   Times to use as a guide would be 60 mins swim, 5 hour bike and 3 hour run/walk.   sounds good to me - I reckon I can do that steady - do you fancy it? 5 hours for the bike is well within our reach!

I hope you aren't thinking about getting that last place ice cream and piggy bank! They're mine I tell you, all mine mwa ha ha ha 

05/06/2013 at 11:17

EP - it is 2 months after outlaw, I'm sure you will have recovered!

I want the ice cream!!!

05/06/2013 at 11:49

Icecream, a Piggy bank and Beer! Incentive if there ever was some - apart from cake - cake is awesome

05/06/2013 at 13:36

to be honest you can get through a sprint with little training (unless you can't swim at all) so long as you are reasonably fit I think.

getting a good time is another thing, but not one that I have ever worried about!

05/06/2013 at 13:51

*pokes head in sheepishly & waves*

Hi everyone, how are you all (for anyone that remembers me)!?  I am still alive & kicking even though I've been absent for a bit!

The short summary of what I've been up to - managed to do 2 sprint tri's in Sept last year (which, after mauling my shoulder I was quite happy to hit the finish line in one piece!), then had some travel for work, then was home in Aus for nearly a month at Christmas, then got back properly into training early in the year, only to have my good knee poop itself about 6/7 weeks ago.

I've therefore already missed 2 events and am not sure whether I will make it to my main event of the year, the Etape, which is in 4.5 weeks, but I am back on the bike & will give it my best try to be ready!

I'm supposed to be doing Windsor tri on the 16th (although I've dropped from oly to sprint because of my knee & suspect I may end up walking the run as its tolerating cycling a lot more than running), so if anyone else is going to be there let me know!

Anyway will stop waffling; would love to hear how everyone else is (I have to confess I'm not going to go back & read the hundreds of pages since I've been around!) - or drop me a note in my inbox & I'll get back to you!

Cheers, shas

05/06/2013 at 14:00

Shas! great to hear from you, sorry to hear about your knee though

05/06/2013 at 18:13

Well I have decided to leave the actual starting of training proper for the boar til after the little piglet - will just continue doing what I have been doing although a bit dialed down this week - no swim and a small run in Z2 on Thurs.  Husband shared his cold and I'm feeling a bit rundown so I'm trying to save myself for Sunday

In other news just because you are small in 2xu tri shorts doesnt mean you are small tri top no accounting for the girls apparently so back it goes Medium for moi then.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.