Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,281 to 9,300 of 17,561 messages
13/06/2013 at 21:43

Buttercup, hope you get sorted.

Emsi, well done on first OW swim.

That reminds me, I need to get back OW again as I have had an email regarding the Thames swim, 2 and a half miles Hampton Court to Kingston. Its local to me and I know someone who did it a few years ago, they reckon you just float with the current then sprint the last bit to reach the side before going too far down river. Its after my holiday and I do not have anything planned for that weekend so far. mmm tempted.

I went for a little run, oh boy do I do slow well. 12.5 min miles, managed just under 2 miles. Still it proves that the Parkrun was not a total fluke and I have more fitness than I thought.

13/06/2013 at 22:15

Aw Buttercup, hope it all works out. Makes you feel so helpless. 

Glad you're starting to feel better Maths, take it steady. 

Emsi - he will make you do 3 laps next time. Try to avoid the Carp. If you want company any time let me know.

13/06/2013 at 22:19

Fired out downward spiral this morning before work. A lot of sweat involved. 

Top running Steady, keep plugging on!

hellloooo Cake! 

14/06/2013 at 06:36

Thanks MrsD, company would be good next time, yesterday I was driving back from Exeter for work yesterday so timing was traffic dependent. I couldn't believe how busy the lake was, mind you, I do live in a small village with 2 tractor shops so I get intimidated by roads with more than one lane.

Think I was happy not knowing about the fish, do carp bite?

14/06/2013 at 09:47

Well done Emsi! Lol! no the fish won't bite you but carp can grow quite big.

Today I was supposed to be doing a long bike ride with a friend but she has backed out (again!). Will go out for a few miles this afternoon.

Razor51    pirate
14/06/2013 at 12:02

Well 78 miles on the bike with Horse yesterday, 5hrs 10 mins and it rained all the way there and back and to top it all Horse decided to come back a different way, he must have found every hill in Lancashire, finished up coming over Belmont ( Bolton IM course) but legs feel great this morning 

14/06/2013 at 12:56

Well done on the swim Emsi. I live so close to that place (really need to sort out the fc and I'd love to come with you).

Steady - well done on your run!

Razor - Fab ride!

Plan is to go surfing tomorrow. Not sure I want to stuff myself into a wetsuit though, might scare everyone away...

14/06/2013 at 14:08

Thanks so much Cake - I'm in the East Midlands.  But I think I have it sorted tho' - jmj such a saga of incompetence and poor customer service sigh nevermind apparently the wetsuit is at a neighbours place having been delivered to the wrong house on the wrong day.  And when I said i assume you will refund the saturday delivery fee the guy was like 'I s'pose that's okay if you want that' - grrr!

Nevermind it's over just wont ever be using them again fullstop, nor recommend them on the basis of the customer service not the kit.

Yay watch out Market Bosworth here I come!

14/06/2013 at 14:41

Buttercup, glad your wetsuit has finally arrived. Was it a well known online company that needs avoiding?

Talk about carp in water, I saw something on TV about some lads who were fishing in a lake, no carp found but an enormous catfish, 5 feet long and 8 stone in weight. I would not want to swim in that lake. It took 2 hours for them to reel it in, then they let it go after taking photos and measuring. Makes me worry about what is in my local lake, large Pike has been known and they do have teeth.

14/06/2013 at 15:12

Wow, that's one massive fish! Not sure I'd like to come across that one when swimming.

14/06/2013 at 18:14

Yeah, Mikasa that is what I thought when I saw it.

14/06/2013 at 19:19

buttercup glad the wetsuit is sorted, hope it fits you ok after all that hassle!

finally feeling back to normal so will be going to parkrun tomorrow

14/06/2013 at 19:51

Ummm, guys and girls we are not supposed to be telling scary open water stories just before a race!!!! (lol!)

Buttercup - really good to hear you have the suit and I hope it works out well.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive but reliable bike computer? I only want speed and distance. I have a very cheap one but it's stopped working again *sigh*

14/06/2013 at 19:54

I got a 310xt for my birthday it's very good like it a lot

14/06/2013 at 20:12

chili - I haven't got a separate bike computer, I use the same GPS watch that I use running, (ok, it is a garmin 910xt which is lovely, but before I had that I used my old garmin 301) and if all I am doing is biking I just strap it roound the handlebar so I can see if without having to mess about looking at my wrist!

14/06/2013 at 20:18

Eww jealous MC I would like 910xt it's pretty and I too wrap it aroundmy handle bars - however there is a specific holder thingee you can get for it on the bike which I don't have.

14/06/2013 at 20:22

Get onto eBay Buttercup, will cost you a fiver! I love my 310. Glad the wetsuit thing worked out by the way. Now you can give it large, or smash it as Mr Cat would say! 

Oo, hope the park run goes well Maths. Nice to hear you're feeling better.

45 min swim after work today. No idea of how far lost count.

14/06/2013 at 20:24

Let me know if you wanna meet up at any point Emsi.

top biking Razor, still my inspiration!

enjoy the surfing Mikasa. Sure you'll carry the wetsuit well! 

14/06/2013 at 20:25

Chili - I have a friend like that. Most irritating to keep being let down.

Razor51    pirate
14/06/2013 at 22:44

Chilli, Tesco exta stores have bike computers for a tenner for a 9 function or 17 function with cadence for 15 quid.got one for my turbo bike  and had no problems with it.

Mrs D, Im  sure there are more inspirational peeps on here

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.