Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,541 to 9,560 of 17,570 messages
23/06/2013 at 21:59

cat - might put my real name on then, it is probably a bit cooler than my forum name! 

cat - well done to your for your training and mrscat for her parkruns

I went to the masters session tonight instead of the tri club - I am getting a bit fed up with all the inflated egos at the tri club and there seems to be a lot of crap going on there at the moment, best out of it for now, although annoying cos I have paid for swimming for the whole year. The swimming club people are all very nice and the sessions are better 

24/06/2013 at 18:25

Ooooo, are you getting pirate gear?!

5 mile run again today. I think I need to find a 10k race I have feeling I might be ready to run a PB!

24/06/2013 at 18:47

I keep meaning to order a hoodie to keep me warm while supporting at outlaw, but haven't had time to sort it out yet!! I am running out of time....

24/06/2013 at 18:49

Nice 40 minute run tonight - legs however didn't love me in the morning when biking into the headwind to work Yay Chili - go for it!!

24/06/2013 at 19:00

The wind has been really bad, I went out on the weekend and it was really nice conditions when I started out, as soon as I got on the bike it was as if someone had a jet engine fan on me for the day, when I got back the wind had gone  

24/06/2013 at 19:40

Finished weekend on call, bl??dy hate the turbo trainer, but can't go too far from the car. Lovely brick session in the sunshine this afternoon, 3 weeks to go, anyone else going to be at eton dorney in July? Beginning to think I might just finish it 

Cortina5    pirate
24/06/2013 at 20:22

18km easy on the bike today. Not swimming tonight as having a 'rest' day

Club has sent feelers out about the club relays. Wondering whether I'll be run fit for that.

Razor51    pirate
24/06/2013 at 21:08

Done nowt since wed ow swim. 

24/06/2013 at 21:33

I intend getting up early on my day off to go swimming.
Then I get to meet my 2nd cousin once removed and his wife, hope we get on OK as never seen them before.

24/06/2013 at 21:55

Pants weekend of Work and sleep, work and sleep. Run on Sat didn't go according to plan as little dog didn't cope with the humidity very well. So had to get him home and in a pool of chilly water. But managed downward spiral tonight followed by 10 min run. So week started well. 

Which distance you doing Emsi? Did the novice last year. Can't make it this year.

25/06/2013 at 08:16

Steady - hope you have a nice time with your cousin

cat - I decided not to do the club relays this year due to all my knee issues. Did enjpy it last year though, might pop over and cheer people on

had a run this morning, and running is starting to feel a bit easier so I must be building my running specific fitness back up. Hopefully a turbo session tonight, OH is away overnight so I won't be able to leave the house (due to kids)

25/06/2013 at 19:25

Swum and meeting the cousin went well. His son and daughter in law both do triathlon and son has done an ironman, small world we live in.

Been to the physio, thumb and elbow on tight muscles, need to stretch more.

25/06/2013 at 19:45

Just finished stretching too! My outer hip was feeling a little twingey today - good swim - practiced sighting and turning at the tjunction so I didn't rest at the ends of the pool.  Ran this morning was cooler than last week which was nice.  

25/06/2013 at 20:14

glad the meeting with your cousin went well steady - must have been nice to find out you have something in common

no time for the turbo tonight, got home late, picked up youngest son, who had ordered a kindle so had to help him set it up. Need to find out if there is a way of turning off the 1-click ordering though - don't want him spending money by mistake! Then had to feed the kids, myself, make packed lunches etc etc. Chilling now, early night and early morning turbo planned

Razor51    pirate
25/06/2013 at 20:15

Ran 4.5 miles tonight, felt really good having not run for a week, avg 9.07 min/ mile pace, HR was just nudging into Z3 but not overly concerned with it as it didn't feel so bad.  

25/06/2013 at 21:02

MrsD just doing the novice distance, thought it best not to terrify myself on the first outing. Any tips gratefully received ......

25/06/2013 at 22:14

Emsi - if you can swim reasonably well get to the front of the start out left. no one could swim overly well last year. The bike is up a slight incline then a lovely downhill. On the run same as bike. enjoy it was a fun event... Don't forget ID. Also, it's a hell of a walk from parking to start. Don't wear flip flops my shins were killing me by the time I got there.

Also, don't drink lots and beer and wolf down chocolate the night before. Does not enhance performance.

Good pootle Razor. enjoy the early  morning turbo Maths - any sufferfest in mind?

Still plugging away Buttercup. 

Managed swim this morning before work. Hoping weather holds for bike tomorrow.

Cortina5    pirate
25/06/2013 at 22:40

Evening all. Good to see you've run Razor. Keep it ticking over.

Steady, glad today worked out for you.

Daughter was enrolled at Brownies tonight, then went for a late evening ride. Amazing how the temp drops out of town.

MC I think you should do Angels followed by Long Scream.

26/06/2013 at 08:54

Suckitupbuttercup, try a tennis ball instead of a foam roller, it really gets the spot that is tight.

Glad the good weather is here, I have actually started to eat salads.

26/06/2013 at 14:23

Bad day... Car failed MOT, went over on ankle walking downstairs and it really hurts. Friend having terrible time with gambling addiction and can't get there as have no car and a dodgy ankle. can't train. Need wine and chocolate! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.