Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,541 to 9,560 of 15,355 messages
21/06/2013 at 21:14

Have finally begun my marathon training with LSR of 2.5hr accompanied by my No.2 girl on her bike

21/06/2013 at 22:15

Cake - very cool on the Hoy thing! 

Nice run Chili... And bike Chili jr.

hope you're still good Maths and throwing out those positive vibes. 

1500m swim in 30mins this morning - I am very slow. 

21/06/2013 at 22:27

Mrs D - Your not slow, I PB'd a kilometre today at 28 mins 11 secs. I'm slow!

22/06/2013 at 08:00

chili - well done

mrsD that is nor slow at all, I do 1km in about 25 mins. Now I am feeling slow.....

anyway, off to parkrun and then masters swimming

22/06/2013 at 08:14

Best laid plans and all that - got up at 4.50am so I could leave the house at 5.30 to get to MB by 7ish to go for swim then bike back - looked out the window pouring with rain and blowing a gale I put my sensible hat on and went back to bed.  Swapped Sundays rest day for today will go out for long ride tomorrow.

22/06/2013 at 12:09

Come on the lions!!!

(then mo farrah, then England cricket, then Chris froome, then andy Murray, fabulous!)

22/06/2013 at 12:34

Buttercup - yeah sometimes plans have to be changed. Weather is pants - but parkrun stayed dry - think I did a PW, but I had forgotten to change the garmin from bike mode, and forgot to press 'stop' at the end, what a twit!!

masters swim session too

looks like we probably won't make the great notts ride tomorrow, shame but with the weather the kids and OH don't fancy it and to be honest the youngest might struggle, specially with the kind of winds we have got at the moment

So I will be up early either on the turbo or out on my bike depending on the weather. Then we are going to head to Nottingham and buy some summer clothes for big boy who hasn't got anything to fit him. 

22/06/2013 at 14:20

Ta cake - yeah I will head out tomorrow so long as it isn't bucketing down!  My mate is doing the Notts 50 mile ride - could be interesting!

Allez AB's!! Fairplay to the Lions

22/06/2013 at 17:16

have fun cake and sarah - forecast strong winds for tomorrow, hope they don't bother you too much on your route! I'll keep my eyes out for you!

22/06/2013 at 23:11

Sounds like the weather today has affected training a bit

We managed to dodge the worst of the downpours to still manage parkrun this morning and a 16mile family bike ride. Then my Big Girl (11yrs) went to a swimming party so she has done at least the equivalent of a sprint tri today!

23/06/2013 at 12:42

Go Chili's big girl!!

Well almost 70km done the hard way this morning - rain that soaked me every ten minutes and very strong winds the whole way and a puncture!  I had intended to do 100km this morning (including two laps of the Little Piglet bike course) but that completely out the window after one lap and I just went home.  I think I spent a lot of energy on keeping myself on the bike and moving forward

Saw a few people out this morning in varying states of disliking the weather conditions but all had a smile for me so it made me feel better.  Good news my 2xu tri shorts held up just fine and was quite comfy in that respect the whole way home.

23/06/2013 at 16:04

well done buttercup

I have done nothing about from a stressful shopping trip - would have preferred the rainy windy bike ride!

oh well, I'll make tomorrow a biking morning

23/06/2013 at 16:17

pirate hoodies - do people put their real name or their forum name on the back?

23/06/2013 at 17:27

wish I had thought of a better forum name when I signed up on here!!

Cake - did you both do the 100 miler? Weather was rubbish, well done to both of you

23/06/2013 at 17:29

Weather was definately pants today - it's now sunny go figure.  Yay Sarah!  Must be all the home baking!

Razor51    pirate
23/06/2013 at 18:01

My "Share the Road " ride  was cancelled this morning due to the bad weather 

Well done everyone who managed to get out there today.

23/06/2013 at 19:09

Well done Cake, Sarah and Buttercup!

23/06/2013 at 19:30

I helped out at a local 10k, then went for a walk this afternoon. Oops that's a big fat zilch training this weekend.

Well done to those that cycled in the wind and rain.

IronCat5    pirate
23/06/2013 at 20:33

Evening all.

I saw the road pics on FB Razor, it is grim up north.

MC, I have my real name on my pirate hoody, but Cat on my t-shirt.

Good training for thie Chili family and ButterCup.

I volunteered at Frimley parkrun this week whilst MrsCat5 ran. Took another minute of her PB, so a new PB each run so far. She's still run-walking at the moment.

I cycled to a bbq yesterday. 60km after I did a big detour via Guildford and then some of the villages southwards. Tried to go through Hurtmore but missed the turning. Very lumpy.I got rained on 3 times and dried out 3 times. Celebrated with vast amount of bbq food and some carb drinks (beer ).

Today I did an easy 43km. All in for the week is 226 km on the bike (8 hours), and 2150m in the pool (sub hour)

23/06/2013 at 21:59

cat - might put my real name on then, it is probably a bit cooler than my forum name! 

cat - well done to your for your training and mrscat for her parkruns

I went to the masters session tonight instead of the tri club - I am getting a bit fed up with all the inflated egos at the tri club and there seems to be a lot of crap going on there at the moment, best out of it for now, although annoying cos I have paid for swimming for the whole year. The swimming club people are all very nice and the sessions are better 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.