Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,581 to 9,600 of 15,452 messages
26/06/2013 at 15:57

Oh no Mrs D, that is a bad day. I had my car MOT'd last week and even the mechanic was shocked that it passed

Hope you haver a better day tomorrow

Well done Chilibean and well done to Minichili N0.3

Edited: 26/06/2013 at 16:00
26/06/2013 at 16:57

Well done to minichili for the sprint.

Mrs. Digger what bad news,is major stuff? I live with a man that can do car stuff so Inever have that worry.

The answer to all problems should be chocolate.

26/06/2013 at 17:28

Hurrah Chili3  fair play to all your girls! 

Steady, gonna cost about £400. A real downer as gonna put pressure on finances for Outlaw weekend. The ankle annoying me more though. How you doing now? 

26/06/2013 at 19:58

Mrs D that sucks! I have wine and chocolate and will share all with you RICE re the ankle!

Your girls are ace Chili

Went to the pool earlier and it was much quieter enjoyed - no run this morning sleep right through to husbands alarm - must have been quite tired as Im usually up and awake aroung fivish

26/06/2013 at 20:11

chili - well done to your girl, that's brilliant

MrsD - what a rubbish day. Look after that ankle. I don't have wine but I have chocolate

didn't manage to turbo this morning, although I was awake I felt shockingly tired. But this afternoon got on the turbo as soon as I had made the kids tea and did Downward spiral. Would have had longer, but got help up at school - we were doing a staff sports competition, and one od my dept was playing rounders, started running and just fell to the floor - severe pain in both thighs. We couldn't move her and had to get an ambulance! So I stayed with her till the ambulance took her off to hospital (another teacher went with her) - they have said it is thigh splints! 

Cake    pirate
26/06/2013 at 23:03

((((((mrsD))))))

Seconded the answer to everything is chocolate. 

Sorry been having some tecnical difficaulties so havn't been able to post for a few day's quick catch up. Math's it was the 50 miler I did at nottingham. was to worried wouldn't recover in time for outlaw if I did the 100 with my training level's.

27/06/2013 at 10:49

Thanks all... Car still being worked on. However, bizarro world. The ankle is fine. Doctor friend thinks maybe a piece of bone from original ankle fracture may be floating around. Need X-ray. 

Buttercup - embrace the extended bed time. Luurrrrve my bed! The body soon tells you if u need to take a few extra zzzz's.

Maths - thigh splints REALLY! How mad is that. Must b crazy painful. Well done on the Spiral. Think it's becoming my fave too.

now lounging before work with all he chocolate you guys sent me 

Cake    pirate
27/06/2013 at 12:08

This might be of interest to some of you kids. Sarah spotted it yesterday afraid it's to close to other races for me so might be sensible for once but might play anyway.

http://sprint.bassetlawtriclub.co.uk/

27/06/2013 at 12:13

MrsD - glad to hear your ankle is feeling better although a piece of bone floating around isn't good

cake - I had seen the bassetlaw one, but clashes with other stuff I have on, but fairly close to me

nice run this morning, with hill reps, which I bizarrely like - maybe because it gives me an excuse to rest on the way down the hill!

27/06/2013 at 18:17

So my plan to swim at MB was shot down by my ride deciding that it was a bit too much rain coming down outside for her to run in - apparently I'm made of tougher stuff I would've just done the run in the rain Nevermind - I get an OW swim on Sat with MC!

Went for a run this morning wasn't particularly exciting more of a just do it run.  Feet up now I don't have to go anywhere

27/06/2013 at 19:53

I was planning on MB tonight, I biked 20 miles this morning and got a pb so don't feel too guilty about having a lazy night and missing my swim, got my gym and swim sesh tomorrow then planning on biking to bozzy on Saturday, that's if I manage to get up at 5am, but for now its choccy ice cream and a beer or 2

28/06/2013 at 07:28

Morning, it's Friday (yippee).

Mrs D thanks for the info I am starting to get quite excited now. I enjoy my swimming but don't know what an ok swimmer can do. Certainly the men at tri club kick my butt! I swam 400m in the pool at 9 02 min, and 1k fairly relaxed in 23 mins. I am assuming I would be safest at the back! But am a bit worried about the washing machine effect.

Oh well better get the kids dressed......

28/06/2013 at 09:46

What I mean Emsi is - a lot of breast stroke and I had done no swimming prior to the event and came 10th out of swim. Get to the front girl and show your skills! 200m will go very quickly.

28/06/2013 at 10:00

Good running all.. Sometimes a lazy night is good for the bones JP. 

Razor51    pirate
28/06/2013 at 13:22

2k ow swim last night with Horse, 4x 500 mt laps, felt ok but suffered Bit with my shoulder, having a cortezone jab init on Monday so it should settle down enough to get me through nex weekend. 

28/06/2013 at 16:34

Init! Nice swim! Managed small 30min run today. Ankle felt fine. Don't want to say anything else in case I jinx it! 

28/06/2013 at 16:46

evening all

been really busy, unfortunately not much training (apart from a hill reps session running yesterday), forgot to take my lunch to work today, but found an emergency pot of porridge in my cupboard so ate that and some cake. 

Buttercup - looking forward to it tomorrow - hope it stops raining though!

28/06/2013 at 17:10

evening all as well,

am on 2 rest days, so living the triathlon dream through your posts, good luck to everybody racing this weekend, hope you get the weather you want.

Mrs D thanks for the advice, have 400m to do, but as a pants runner may try a bit further forward at the swim then at least everyone will have to swim further around me!

Don't want to start a fight, but  nice glass of red wine beats chocolate and cake!

28/06/2013 at 17:43

You doing the Sprint then Emsi? I'm partial to a sparkling rose!

have fun tomorrow Maths.

28/06/2013 at 18:40

Mmm nom rose gets my vote or a nice sauv rest day today!  MC I am hoping the weather reports are correct!! Given I'm biking up and back!  I figure that will be enough of a workout for the weekend. I have been a bit of a geek too I downloaded the results for the Wild Boar and was figuring out the average and the median for each leg to give me something to aim for

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.