Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,661 to 9,680 of 17,561 messages
Cake    pirate
09/07/2013 at 11:32

Christ look at that belly.  

I know exactly what I was doing in that photo I was talking to sarah though the bar's of T1 just before she started the swim. I can put it on this thread as she doesn't read it much I was bricking it for her and all the way through sunday all I could think of was I don't want to let sarah down. She wouldn't have got a medel if I had missed the cut off.

09/07/2013 at 12:25

cake - you seemed so relaxed when you stopped for a fag each time you passed through the feedstation!!

Cake    pirate
09/07/2013 at 12:34

I know I wouldn't get to the end if I hadn't stopped at places and taken water on and stuff. Trust me I was not relaxed on the inside all the way through. But if you start to panic you will come undone. 

09/07/2013 at 12:39

Hi all, I am finally back from my holiday and being ill (although I still have a bit of a crappy cough). Due to this, all I did on holiday was a couple of runs and a couple of sea swims. The runs were immense as we were in mountain country. I could hardly move my legs the following days after each run! Now i'm back though I just feel like I have lost my motivation and I really need to find it again. Humphhh! It's been about 3 weeks now since I last trained properly. Gonna go for a ride tonight though so hopefully that will get some 'spirit' back into me! I haven't had chance to read through the forums yet so I'll have a read through over the next day or so and see what I have missed 

Cake    pirate
09/07/2013 at 12:47

Just the usural mate a lot of talk about stuff and a few people popped there tri cherries. Just take it easy for a bit with the op mate. It will come back and you will better and faster for it.

09/07/2013 at 19:10

Cake you're the shiz I would not've picked that you were bricking it - so well done on that and well done on getting home in time! Lovely meeting you on the weekend and thank you and Mrs D and MC for hanging around to see me finally drag my sorry arse out of the pond (having ingested a fair portion of it).  Husband feed me my icecream when I got home - I was just happy that I managed to finish the swim and frontcrawl the whole way. It was a big improvement over my swim at the little piggy a couple of weeks ago

And I was meant to go for a run tonight but my right foot is playing silly buggers so got that up on the couch - will try and get out in the morning for a run then swim in the afternoon.

09/07/2013 at 20:37

buttercup - I wasn't that far in front of you and would not have gone without seeing you finish! Just a shame we didn't finish in time to get the ice creams the diggers had bought for us!! I never did get that ice cream - I was thinking of getting one after the feedstation stint but the queue was massive and I couldn't be bothered!!

09/07/2013 at 21:06

What a glorious evening! Am just back from my aquathlon. The water temp was a balmy 24 degrees so didn't need my wetsuit. Swam in shorts and bra and threw on my t-shirt, socks and trainers in transition.

There was a lady from Hungry and it was her first aquathlon. She's a marathon runner and doing the London Tri so wanted some practice at open water swim. So i gave her some tips and showed her how to lay her gear out.

Swim was lovely in clear water only about 6ft6 deep. Started at the back and overtook a couple of folk. When I came into transition there was a lady next to me who had worn a wetsuit. She had it down to her chest but both hands still trapped in it and was in tears. So I stopped and helped her free her hands so she could get the rest off.

The run was two laps 5.5k all flat. Overtook a few more folk. No idea what my time was cos I forgot to look at my watch.

What is really wonderful is that next month there is a free mini kids aquathlon first! My three big girls are all going to race

09/07/2013 at 21:23

My favourite Aquathalon(er) in the world!  ... AND the most beautiful too!  (Notice our big girl trying to keep up on the right side) Number 77 in honour of how many years it's taken for a man to win Wimbledon again.  ... okay, not really.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/728570/gallery/rw1_0.jpg?width=350

09/07/2013 at 21:31

Well done Chili glad it went well and you enjoyed it! 

MC you're making me crave the Ben and Jerry's I know is still hidden in my freezer!

09/07/2013 at 21:35

well done chili - your kids are going to love it!

09/07/2013 at 21:48

Hey!!!! Looking for some motivation.... heard about Outlaw.... remembering how excited I was by it all two years ago........ TWO YEARS?!?! Time flies. I bet Mini Chilis are registering for University or something, are they????

Miss you all x x 

09/07/2013 at 21:50

Woop woop! I went to scout a new bike route after work. Thought it was going to be about 17 miles and that it would be just perfect. Thought I knew whereabouts I was going to start off with but missed my first 'unknown' turning with about a mile. Lots of stopping to check route but it was a lovely route, pretty flat and mostly on quiet country lanes. However, it ended being 24 miles and the last 4  I was feeling bit hungry. Very please though I got myself out there and enjoyed it. Took me 2hrs 5mins  so slow but who cares. 

Well done Chili with your aquathlon! Nice of you to stop and help a woman in distress.

09/07/2013 at 21:51

Hey JEvans, where have you been hiding?

09/07/2013 at 21:57

In a hole of liberty - but they don't do much running there. Grotty showers put me off initially, then cold weather, then lack of motivation, and now its all a mind game to be able to get back up to 6+ mile training runs. Expanding waistline is yelling at me to pull myself together, so tomorrow is Day 3 of Back To It. Starting with a 3 mile run every day for a week. Got to start somewhere.

09/07/2013 at 22:06

I must be bit tired after my bike ride, in a hole of liberty???

10/07/2013 at 06:57

Where's that when it's at home JEvans?   Short run this morning - gentle on the foot uphill.  Rest week this week so nothing too testing.  Well done Chili and Mikasa! Love that action shot Mr Chili!

10/07/2013 at 07:56

HI Jevans, good ot hear from you again

well done on the bike mikasa, that tends to be my average speed when I am tootling about, although I am am quicker when I am actually doing a tri. Either slept through the alarm or turned it off in my sleep this morning, so my turbo session will be this evening, OH will be out with one kid so I will have to be at home with the other, but he will play happily while I turbo.

I need some kind of strategy to get my biking up to scratch for the wild boar, and I have a 2 week holiday in Spain with no bike coming up, and a sprint tri on the 21st which means no long bike that weekend.

So definitely a long ride this Sunday outdoors and lots of early morning turbo sessions I think, when in Spain I can get a few run/walks in. And definitely lots of mountain walking with the family, although I am sure it was mountain walking that buggered my knee last year!

10/07/2013 at 08:06

Mrs Digger - I have put your name on the list for outlaw 2014 as part of our relay team  - on the outlaw 2014 thread

Edited: 10/07/2013 at 08:07
10/07/2013 at 10:18

Maths, I wish I had been pootling... Well, I wasn't goig flat out either. It is what it.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.