Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,661 to 9,680 of 15,303 messages
02/07/2013 at 19:33

EP - yes, I have some hugs ready. You won't need the slap. I too am looking forward to meeting everyone

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/07/2013 at 19:33

thanks

02/07/2013 at 20:47

Those little chili's are certainly pulling it out the bag! You must be so chuffed!

Take it steady Pete, get we'll soon. Nothing worse than sedating fit people!

We'll be there for you EP, hugs galore. Positive thinking now... 

Swim at South Cerney done, 1500m. Pirate swim hat in situ. Was wicked. Open water has really got me enjoying the swimming. Looking forward to some shouting at the weekend 

02/07/2013 at 20:51

Oo Emsi, some wise words spoken there. Not long now, you'll be able to tell everyone you swam at the Olympic Rowing venue! 

02/07/2013 at 20:51

Ewww pre-prepared hugs nice Get well PITHy!! 1.75k swim tonight I cant do maths in the pool I thought 70 lengths was 1500 and was thinking I was a slowcoach today and I just managed to finish before the nippers go in the pool to train and kicked me out!  No run this morning -  will try and do a small run on Saturday morning.

02/07/2013 at 21:19

thanks everyone... I want to be back for my local triathlon on the 22nd September but this week I'll be mostly lying on the sofa trying not to move...

and following the outlaw online...

02/07/2013 at 22:11

Welcome Sjr71 Great to have you join us.

MC - you will be fine with the swim. I did the 1500m last year and was not last so I'm sure you will be fine.

Awww, Razor, I so wish I was going to be there this weekend. Last year was brilliant, such a great time and so wonderful to meet up with folk. But I only have 3 Sunday's off this year and they are all taken up with family stuff. But I will certainly be thinking of you and cheering you on in our virtual world here.

Our local pool is now closed for the rest of the summer . Did do another 5 mile run today though.

03/07/2013 at 20:16

Heya guys! Well, I've joined the local council gym and been doing some kettlebells and TRX classes. Today did my first spin class for ages. It was a killer! Still haven't tried the ankle at running, might try on the treddie on lunch time, see how it feels. Am much more careful at getting back to running as it is the second time it's gone. Will concentrate on just getting fit, losing some pounds and no competitions till next year.

Is it full Outlaw this weekend? Good luck to all competing/completing! I'm off to Gower for hopefully some sunshine, surfing, maybe biking and a bit (or a lot) of chilling out!

03/07/2013 at 20:18

Tempo run this morning in the drizzily rain. 1.5k in my wetsuit tonight at the Uni pool - similar time to yesterdays swim but I think that was as a result of spending longer at the ends.  Feeling better about Saturday's swim - I'll admit to having wibbled about it this week

03/07/2013 at 20:23

buttercup - you willl be fine at the swim! 

I have done some weights at the gym and a turbo session afterwards while cooking! 

03/07/2013 at 21:59

I've been in a bit of a malaise recently, since the classics i've been struggling to find much enthusiasm for bike racing, what with the disappointing Giro and the lack of TV coverage of the Dauphine and the TdS. However I am excited about the Tour, even when the GC race isn't great, the Tour is still the Tour, with all the fun, gossip, and futile breakaways that go with it.

I'm really hoping for an open race, I wish him no ill personally, but would quite like to see Froome lose a bit of time early in the race, 3 or 4 minutes minutes would do, so that other guys are brought into the GC race and Sky would have to take risks and go on the offensive. I don't mind who wins really, would just be nice to see the GC battle go all the way to the Alps, rather than being decided after the first TT and the Aix 3 Domaine stage.
Vive Le Tour  www.d2ride.co.uk

04/07/2013 at 17:03

how is everyone?

I am getting a bit over excited about the weekend! I have warned my colleagues I will be tired and grumpy on Monday!

buttercup - what kind of time will you be at HPP on Sat for the swim?

04/07/2013 at 18:00

Will try for 1.30pm - husband is going to be watching the rugger and then we will head off.  Where are you going to be parking?  

I am a slack person tonight - had a five hour meeting that sapped my will to live - biked home and then walked to Asda for Ben & Jerry's and  Strawberries now listening to Meatloaf as it is Thursday night Music Night!  Also it's going to be a stinker on Sunday - it's hot now

04/07/2013 at 18:07

I'll try for around 1:30 too. We won't be able to park where I did last Saturday - that will be kept for the race officials/one step beyond staff, there is normally a carpark just a bit further up that road, only a short walk to the building. I'll text you when I get there.

04/07/2013 at 18:16

Sweet Pirates for the Swim!!

04/07/2013 at 19:40

I think some of my work colleagues are going to be there too watching James swim (they didn't know I was swimming too)

04/07/2013 at 23:36

Love, hugs and best wishes to everyone who is leaving tomorrow for the Outlaw! Have a wonderful time, race well and don't take too long to write the reports! Soooo wish I could be there.

(Special hugs for Razor )

05/07/2013 at 07:09

Good luck for the outlaw this weekend, full of admiration for you all.

IronCat5    pirate
05/07/2013 at 09:07

Morning all!

What a great day, and bodes to be a great weekend for Pie-rites. Go Outlaws!

Think positive, think the long game, race your own race, zip up the man suit, and look forward to the beer at the finishe line!

05/07/2013 at 09:29

So, couple rest days due to crazy headache (clearly a brain tumour). Run today, bike tomoz am then off rot Outlaw - whoop whoop! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.