Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,681 to 9,700 of 13,865 messages
05/07/2013 at 07:09

Good luck for the outlaw this weekend, full of admiration for you all.

IronCat5    pirate
05/07/2013 at 09:07

Morning all!

What a great day, and bodes to be a great weekend for Pie-rites. Go Outlaws!

Think positive, think the long game, race your own race, zip up the man suit, and look forward to the beer at the finishe line!

05/07/2013 at 09:29

So, couple rest days due to crazy headache (clearly a brain tumour). Run today, bike tomoz am then off rot Outlaw - whoop whoop! 

Cake    pirate
05/07/2013 at 10:07

It's going to be fun. 

sarah frog matched me down to dorset for a few days chilling so been off the internet for a few days. Was a very good idea. Raced and helped out at the gaint's head which I'm well up for doing the full marafun now next year because it's a beast and managed to get in some bouldering at portland before coming back been a weird few day's.

On the minus side it appears my bank card has been cloned somewhere but HSBC spotted it in time, with stuff on I have forgotten to enter the big swim's on saturday so hopefully might get a entry on the day and got mum's funeral this afternoon.

On the plus side through I get to shout at many of you lot this weekend. Should be at the campsite early tomorrow morning for mischief.

05/07/2013 at 14:58

cake, sorry about your mum, hope the day hasn't been too hard for you

will see you around this weekend, good luck!

05/07/2013 at 17:45

+1 about your mum Cake - looking forward to meeting you this weekend!

05/07/2013 at 18:54

erm, it is really hot out there. buttercup - hope there is an ice cream van at HPP - will be needing that ice cream after the swim

05/07/2013 at 18:55

Oh Cake, I am so sorry about your Mum. i know things have been rough for a while. Love and hugs xxx

Am getting very excited for everyone for the weekend. MC, Buttercup and the others doing the Big Swim, have a wonderful time too!

Warning! - Another proud Mum boast- My Big Girl has done it again! Last night she won the School Talent Show for the second running and has an amazing prize of a scholarship for a term of Musical Theatre classes. And then this morning she took part in an inter-school sports day and came 1st in long jump and 2nd in 800m!

05/07/2013 at 18:56

Ooops! Forgot to say that I did a 2hr run this evening. Was a drop back week and and I'm soooo pleased cos it was really very hot out there and not pleasant to run in at all.

05/07/2013 at 18:59

Hahahah yup it is stinking hot out there MC make mine a large

05/07/2013 at 19:00

chili - your girls are just amazing Bet she is so proud of herself. Well done on your long run in this heat

well, the outlaw bike course is all set up, just drove up and down oxton hill to take my eldest to scout camp - forgot his sleeping bag!! Felt so excited and nervous seeing all the signs up, just like I did in the lead up to the outlaw half, and I am not even doing the outlaw!!

IronCat5    pirate
05/07/2013 at 19:05

{{{Cake}}}

Team Chili done good again!

We had our school reports today and the kids also did well. very happy.

Plus i got another PB on the H10/2 course last night - 21s off my previous. I came 18th out of 58. It was also our club champs, so 6th of 20 in the club.

05/07/2013 at 19:12

cat - well done to you and your kids

Razor51    pirate
05/07/2013 at 23:03

(((((((Cake))))))) see you tomorrow mate

Dustboy    pirate
05/07/2013 at 23:17

Marshalling the Hurt tomorrow, race well all.

06/07/2013 at 09:59

Lovely day - am v. excited checked everything twice and I even shaved the legs Big Swim here we come!

06/07/2013 at 12:49

*Boing! Boing! Boing!* I'm so excited for the Pirates I can't sit still

Parkrun this morning. I was race director but my Big Girl decided that since she has had such a great week she might as well go for a PB as well. Her previous time was 26:59 so we asked around to find someone who was faster. Our friend Mikk is a 100club member and the 2013 European Veteran 55-60 Marathon Silver medalist. His ankle was hurting so he didn't want to go fast and offered to pace her. She did 25:22!!!!! 

06/07/2013 at 20:43

chili - your kids are brill!! Bet she is just glowing from her amazing week

had a great time this afternoon but it was just sooo hot, and so little shade to hide in! Met loads of pirates, loved the swim

Have made rock cakes to take with me tomorrow - feed station volunteers need feeding too!! Just testing one to make sure they are edible

06/07/2013 at 21:13

Well now I'm just jealous of the rock cakes

Good luck to all those racing tomorrow - don't forget the sun screen! 

06/07/2013 at 22:04

Good luck and have a good one Razzor Evil Pixie and Cake will be tracking you all wish I was there but TO BLOODY LAZY LOL. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.