Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

9,961 to 9,980 of 17,550 messages
Cake    pirate
24/07/2013 at 13:00

Well done Mrs  Maybe one of the fish nicked your chip in the water?

24/07/2013 at 13:04

is this working again now????

better catch up.....

24/07/2013 at 13:08

well done JP and MrsN

I am on school hols now

24/07/2013 at 13:20

Oooh, nice to have the thread working again. And great to read all the race reports Congratulations everyone

Have been trail running with Big Girl, cycling with the others. With this wonderful weather and school hols we plan to do lots of bike rides

24/07/2013 at 14:07

Hello all!!! Finally getting to this thread.

Well done to all racers, Maths, Mrs Noel and JP! Fab reports, shame about the chip!

Sorry to hear work interfering with Wild Boar MrsDigger. Such a bummer.

Well, back from mountain biking and had a brilliant time! Only came off once properly after trying a jump. Also got branded by my disc break. Oh yes, a lovely 4 ring burn on my right calf after coming down from Roche de Mio at 2700m, then stopping to put my saddle up for an uphill section and resting my bike against my leg. Won't be doing that again. Got it checked out  at doctors yesterday and it's looking good, hoping I won't get a scar from it. Might pop a picture up if I can later from home. Came back midnight on Saturday and have been pretty tired since and haven't done anything this week yet.

24/07/2013 at 16:22

Love the race reports keep them coming! Best of luck if any of you are doing London this weekend.

24/07/2013 at 17:33

Yayay it's back was going into forum withdrawl! 8.4km 60 min run this morning in the small cooler hours.  Last Monday I ran for an hour and only did 6.9km - the weather makes such a difference! Well done Mrs Noel and JB!

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 17:57
Cake    pirate
24/07/2013 at 17:56

mikasa bike scar's are cool through arn't they? Badge on honour and all that.

Hope your ok chuck.

24/07/2013 at 17:58

buttercup - I was feeling that I must be rather sad that I missed the forums so much

I decided to do nothing this morning - first days of hols and all, will go for a little run soon though

the rain last night was awful and some came into the house not going to be able to get the leak bits fixed before we go away, just hope it doesn't rain too much while we are gone. I think my town was one of the worst hit - about 3 inches of water in haf an hour at one point it did look like someone had just emptied a massive bath over the top of the house it was coming down so hard

24/07/2013 at 19:45

MC - I also wonder sometimes whether reading these forums means I'm a *sad* person. But when I first started running I didn't know anyone else who did, so this forum was the where I 'met' folk, could ask questions, get tips, encouragement and support. Gradually i met other runners. Some from our running thread who I now consider friends. Running for Ecky's charity last year was just wonderful. And the Ridgeway runs were with thread friends.

The same with Tri World. When you know no triathletes and can't get to a club where do you start. Meeting up with the Pirates last summer was one of the highlights of my year.

So, of course we miss the support and encouragement. Just coming on here and reading what others are doing also helps my mojo when feeling low.

Mikasa - wonderful to hear that your hols went so well.

MC - not so good about your leaks

24/07/2013 at 20:07

chili - yep,, I know what you mean, and I get more encouragement and support here than anywhere else - even from the tri club I am a member of actually

mikasa - sounds like great fun, apart from the burn 

went for a little 4 mile run/walk, I have recently decided to use the garmin and structure my run/walks properly so I don't end up walking more than I want - this has worked for me in the past! hot and loads of flies but lovely run

24/07/2013 at 20:13

Thanks Cake but I've already have one massive scar which is more than enough for a lady. I'm sure this will be absolutely fine though after it heals.Lets see if I can manage to put a pic up.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485756/gallery/burn.jpg?width=350

wow, that's a big photo,sorry...

24/07/2013 at 20:15

that looks sore

24/07/2013 at 20:31

It actually hasn't hurt at all after the initial contact which is why I got bit worried about it. Doctor said it's healing well.

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 20:59
24/07/2013 at 21:08

That's impressive Mikasa

24/07/2013 at 21:13

Thanks ButterCup .

Got my forerunner 110 for last Christmas but only now managed to load all my runs on the garmin connect website and having fun looking and playing my routes etc. Why didn't I do it earlier???

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 21:15
24/07/2013 at 21:26

Hello peeps, nice to be back! Wicked to read some race reports straight off the bat. Well done guys!

Mikasa - quality baddie... Hope the bike ok!

Nice to see the training continues... but not me. Got taken out by a confused patient on Mon and twisted my ankle. Few days break to let it settle. Will try a run tomorrow. Was ridiculously annoyed but I think attempting to kill old ladies may be illegal!

24/07/2013 at 21:30

oh MrsD that is bad news, be careful with your ankle. Do you work on a geriatrics ward?

24/07/2013 at 21:40

A ladies ward, we get pretty much anything! We're originally gynae. 

24/07/2013 at 22:39

Great to be back. I can report an early morning short run and an hours cycling tonight. Unfortunately my lower calf muscle is now hurting, I have iced it and will do some gentle stretching.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.