Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

10,141 to 10,160 of 15,804 messages
03/08/2013 at 17:28

REPORT!REPORT!REPORT! It's been like a whole 20 minutes since your last communication!! Mrs D

Pixie they said it was 20ish so I couldve gone sans wetsuit - it did feel warmer than on thursday I just need time in the wetsuit so will be dragging it with me everytime in the hope it will be cool enough for me to wear it.

03/08/2013 at 17:39

Firstly, congrats to Cake and Bookie... Top works peeps!

Maths - take care of yourself. No injuries needed! 

EP - don't let it get you down. It's all sent to try us, our character is simply shown by our response. Plus, you can SO get a bike in a Ka! Barlos and I manage it!

Ark at director Chili.. 

03/08/2013 at 18:53

Sorry Buttercup, had made comment on your consistent quality training etc but then my tablet shut down...

03/08/2013 at 19:05

Bwahahaha wasn't feeling quality at 6.30 this morning glad the race went well Mrs

03/08/2013 at 19:08

I WASN'T LAST 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/08/2013 at 19:25

I'm normally last!

buttercup 20 is warm but that's dropped quickly hasn't it?

you can get a Bike in a ka? Really? Too late now anyway!

03/08/2013 at 19:58

Yeah but it has been cooler over the last week and there has been a fair amount of rain - was nice to swim in tho'

and:

http://www.fishcaptures.com/index.php?page=capture_details&c_ID=632  the fourth pic 

04/08/2013 at 07:45

Ok, so I did do a report yesterday but tablet shut down and I fell asleep. Will give it another go.

wasnt particularly positive about this one as you know and found couldn't eat in the morning. Coffee consumed on way over and eventually got a piece of toast into me. Took some food for the bike as knew would be starving after the swim.

Registration done, confirmation of non-wetsuit swim. Did not help with nerves but hey what could possibly go wrong! Bumped into Mr Matt Morten, also racing. Schmunks & son appeared to ensure I cracked on. OH did obligatory pepping up duties. 

As we went into transition to set up my partner in crime (Paul) and I noticed that there were no short round people racing... Except me. All the girlies looked quite hardcore. I resigned myself to last place but quite at peace with that! 

Swim - loved it. For a pants swimmer I have improved sooo much. Sighting difficult with limited buoys. Watched a few swimmers disappearing off into the banks! Felt relaxed all the way round. Out in 39mins.

Transition was fine. Paul struggling with don't know what, getting into a flap. Reassured him, off he went. Me a few secs behind him... Did not see him again till the end. He rocked it!

Bike - have not done enough on the bike and it showed. With half of the lap a gradual incline I suffered on he first lap. Shoddy roads didnt help, I have 2 bruised fingers to show for it! 2nd lap better and quicker but bike time pants 1:40. Gutted and need new saddle 

Run - run is off road. A proper trail run of 6 laps. Legs are gone. But, there are my pit crew all heckling me! 1st lap my Garmin goes crazy because my heart rate is too high. Eventually I work out how the turn the sound off. Heart rate does not come below 167 all race. I resign myself to a 20sec walk each lap, this helps a lot. Each lap the announcer calls names out. He can't say my surname so just mumbles, it makes me chuckle each lap!

I will be honest the run destroyed me. Tired legs on uneven ground was energy sapping. You know that point where you're head tells you to stop and you have to overpower that thought. At this point a lovely guy call Ian appeared, suffering also. We ran the last 2 laps together aware we were the last 2 runners. Triathlon is simply amazing in its commaraderie. I cannot tell you all the people I spoke to on the run. The encouragement and chuckles at how destroyed we felt. Just amazing. 

Last lap arrived and the announcer gave me a birthday shout out which brought a big cheer. Supporters had become accustomed to the pirate kit and gave me some bigger shouts. Was just brilliant. 

Eventually crossed the line with finish time of 3:20:57. There were some high fives as I ran to the finish line and I'll be honest I wanted to cry. Quick hug with Ian and meeting of his family. His son had turned up and surprised him. How wicked is that.

My pit crew there, all hugs and kisses... handshake from Schmunks  Brilliant  way to spend your birthday. I love this triathlon game. Best birthday ever!!!!!!!!!!!! 

04/08/2013 at 07:46

Good luck today Steady! 

04/08/2013 at 09:17

freaking awesome work Mrs D well done you!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/08/2013 at 09:27

Well done sounds FAB!

04/08/2013 at 09:39

Well done MrsDigger! Fab report. Your bike time does not sound slow to me...And Happy birthday for yesterday!!

04/08/2013 at 12:31

Mrs D great report, what was the race?

Suffering with loss of mojo at the moment and doing the BRAT next Sunday so I really need to get a grip. 

Razor51    pirate
04/08/2013 at 14:14

Well done Mrs D, I knew you would do it  

times are not that important the fact that you finished is  and great report, so what's next?

04/08/2013 at 15:40

Well done mrsD. That bike doesn't sound slow for an oly how far was it?

Steady hope yours has gone well today. Big bruise on my calf so no running today maybe  tomorrow

04/08/2013 at 18:09

Thanks guys, feel fecking ace today! It was pretty much 26miles Maths. Hope that calf feels better. A little novice with my OH next. Yep, he who had no interest has his first race end of Sept Razor. Have treated him to some triathlon shorts!

Hope your mojo kicks in Mrs Noel. Otherwise the race will surely fire the coals! 

Have had a top day. New saddle bought. Fry up at the gym. Friends over for Sun dinner and now wine and DVD's. Best birthday ever 

Can't believe you didn't get a PB Razor, such a let down 

04/08/2013 at 18:20

Oo it was the Lake Logic Standard!

04/08/2013 at 18:25

Well done on getting your OH into it too! Mine has no interest in exercising but at least he is happy to be home with the kids when I am training. Which one are you doing in Sept?

Oh and MrsD. I have met you and you are not short and round!

04/08/2013 at 18:30

Bath Trifest.... The novice. Dig not confident enough for the sprint at the mo.

I'm feeling short and round bird! Just looked at photos too which havent helped 

04/08/2013 at 18:56

Well done mrs d I'd be very happy with that bike time.

Did the Suffolk coat 60 today in 4hrs 5 mins 38 seconds but mainly thanks to the very nice lady I was with giving me ya tow home over the last 15 miles! 

10,141 to 10,160 of 15,804 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.