Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

10,761 to 10,780 of 17,571 messages
06/09/2013 at 20:37

Ok seriously, too much happens over a couple of days. Been unwell, had bloods taken back to docs Thurs for results. Hoping all well. ? for a scan at some point but hopefully not necessary. I've managed small stuff to keep my eye in. 

In this time, arrangements are being made I see!!! Involving Sows and Beavers...!!!

There has been as suggestion of Bala as a warm up for Outlaw Lasses! 

Will read through everything properly now!

06/09/2013 at 21:49

I can't count! Just talked about my swim with bf and it made me realise that the 18mins was actually for 800m not 400m which makes me feel so much better! Basically, when I start going further, I count out and back as one lap but still counted for 16! What a pillock!  Same for the 200m, that ended up being 400m so I actually swam 2k in total in 55min. No wonder the '400m' felt like it took for ages! 

what's this challenge I hear you talking about? What have I missed?

I might be up for Bala...half yeah?

Edited: 06/09/2013 at 22:00
06/09/2013 at 22:04

tempted by the beaver or the big sow. but Mrs WS might not be happy about them - think I'd best do some crawling this weekend.....

06/09/2013 at 22:10

I have done the abs challenge but that is all today.

Mr Steady had forgotten our wedding anniversary until pointed out this evening, so he dashed out to buy a card. I may be cruel and make him cook a meal whilst I go out training one evening next week.

06/09/2013 at 22:28

What are these challenges you are doing?

07/09/2013 at 07:54

Steady I think that's appropriate!

Mrs D - hope it's nothing too serious! Doesn't sound very good :/ and yeah more plan making for next year don't know about Bala though it is after the Outlaw Half isn't it?

Off to Bodypump soon need to get a run in today as well - husband reminded me that  tomorrow is a rest day and I actually need to be not doing exercise on that day - I was going to be sneaky and get a run in tomorrow but husband has beady little eyes  

07/09/2013 at 09:47

Mrs D - fingers crossed for you.

I have been badly ill this week, so my training plans were scuppered.

I did manage to ignore the throwing up long enough to get through these all pervading challenges though - so yay for that.

07/09/2013 at 10:25

ButterCup - can't find it on that one. 

Dawn - Hope you get better soon. I still have the sniffles and sore throat is only now going away.

Well, I've been very good this week with exercise and eating and have lost at least 1.5lbs (or 3.4) just can't remember exactly how heavy I was before. 

Possibly no more exercise this weekend as need to unpack more and sort out the new flat.

07/09/2013 at 10:25

mikasa I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't count, I was wondering about the challenges as well - but can't get onto the facebook link from the mobile - will try the laptop later.

Gentle 10k this morning, first thing since last weeks tri, nice and easy no aches or pains.

Now I'm hooked on Tri, I have a cunning plan for next year - Sprint Tri early in the year to see if the winters training has helped, then a standard distance tri a month or so later.  Obviously the Outlaw is fully booked, so I was thinking of the beaver and sow - but Mrs WS might scupper those plans.  Even the hours drive to Weymouth took a lot of work.

So what would peeps recommend in Devon/Cornwall/M5 up to Bristol?  Am I being too cautious or over ambitious?  I know I'm mad, but that seems to be accepted and acceptable here

07/09/2013 at 10:28

Mrs D and DS hope all gets better, buttercup you know a rest day means just that - no sneaking out

Steady I hope you didn't make Mr Steady suffer too much, us poor blokes can't be expected to remember every wedding anniversary - hmmm that reminds me best check when its ours

07/09/2013 at 10:30

Wrinkly - I can't believe I messed the counting up so badly but glad I'm not quite as unfit as I though. Well done on your run. I need to get couple of runs in next week but not sure where to fit them in as want to do the swimming and classes to make most out of my gym membership. I have to pay for almost a month and won't be able to use as leaving.

Where are you based Wrinkly? I used to be in Bristol but just moved to Southampton.

07/09/2013 at 12:59

mikasa - that swimming was pretty good times

Mrs D - hope it is nothing serious. DO you get the blood results soon? 

bala - when is that? Need to find out exactly where it is!

WS - there are probably loads down your way, buttercup and I are both in the Midlands so we may well chat about races near us. It is fairly early so a lot of dates for next year's tris won't have been fixed yet I imagine

have been to masters swim today, felt like I was battling uphill most of the time. I did actually attempt a bit of butterfly and think I kind of got the legs right, can't do the arms yet though!

07/09/2013 at 13:02

mikasa - the challenge is also on page 27 of this thread in a post by Lee the Pea

07/09/2013 at 13:20

Bodypump done - the squats were fun I put on half the weights I was doing this time last year since I haven't been since december thinking I would start light and then build up.  Apparently my muscle memory hasn't abandoned me ftw! 

Wrinkly you should definitely come up for the big sow!  Just follow the M1 up and it's about 20 mins from Loughborough.  The run is flat as a pancake we like that.

07/09/2013 at 16:46

EP are there not charity places? Or is that just the half?

07/09/2013 at 16:50

Been a good few days. Had an early swim Thursday morning, followed by a quick 5km in the evening. Then had a hard PT session last night but still managed to get up fr Parkrun this morning  To top that I got a PB 

EP - that's really annoying, but at least on the bright side you save money. Are there any ther events you fancy doing?

07/09/2013 at 17:24

EP - shame about the outlaw but never mind, you will have a great time on the feedstation. Charity places are £500 but no minimum sponsorship - I guess because already you are giving them quite a lot in the entrance fee. Well done on yoru run though

rocco - well done on your pb

I am bit disappointed because the swim smooth sessions were supposed to start this Thursday but I got an email saying it would be the 19th now. Oh well, gives me another week to get into the swing of things with school

Going to cook for the kids and go and have a run - couldn't do parkrun this morning because OH was dropping his car off for service/mot and I had to bring him back home - for some reason him and the kids didn't fancy coming to parkrun and then to hang around at my swimming session! Can't understand why not - they could have run parkrun too

07/09/2013 at 19:47

DS - hope you're feeling better! Being poorly sick sucks! 

EP if you come to the 226, I'll pop over to yell at you! Like that you're thinking outside the box.

Young Buttercup, REST DAY tomorrow!

Rocco, you're clearly rocking it! 

i had a water sports day today. Canoeing, kayaking and some board thing you stand on. Soggy fun. 

Maths, blood results Thursday. Are you gonna become a swimmer that clears the lane doing butterfly 

07/09/2013 at 20:07

MrsD - I am a long long way off that, but the leg thing seemed to work today!

buttercup - rest tomorrow and get OH to make you breaky in bed

this cooler weather makes running much nicer!

07/09/2013 at 20:51

Hi everyone

It's been a rather busy week, so sorry I haven't been on here. My brother-in-law has cycled London to Brussels in the past 3 days. He came third

I am considering doing a flat 30mile ultra next month.... think I need to go on the Ultra forum and find some advice on what my training should look like

10,761 to 10,780 of 17,571 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.