Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

11,041 to 11,060 of 17,550 messages
29/09/2013 at 11:47

Who said anything about being patient! I'm frustrated and resigned to the situation. 

So I'm targetting the detox 10k on the 2nd jan as the race to get a new pb. Next weeks hill race is just for fun...if you call hill running fun. 

On an unrelated theme, who knew there were so many races in my area? The wind swept wilds of NE Scotland is alive with hill races, home made endurance events and triathlons. 

29/09/2013 at 12:43

pete - the wind swept wilds of NE Scotland are just the right place for loads of fell races I would have thought!

Ride went well with my boy, although he complained a lot about being tired! However, he has asked if we can do it again next time we have a Sunday morning at home

smelly cub scout back now and in the bath! Good job it is a windy sunny day - just right for drying all his smelly stuff when it has been through the wash!

29/09/2013 at 18:39

First Tri done! We both survived  Race report coming soon 

29/09/2013 at 19:41

Yayayaya Rocco good job!  Had a neat day supporting Bookie, Cake, JP, SuperCaz and Lumpty's attempt to take over the world starting at the Warickshire tri was great fun! Bit tired now tho'

29/09/2013 at 21:27
Edited: 29/09/2013 at 21:27
29/09/2013 at 21:56

well done rocco and buttercup! Supporting is exhausting! Another good swim session for me

30/09/2013 at 07:05

What a brilliant day at the Warwickshire/Stratford Tri, The Pirate support was amazing (thanks Buttercup) and all Pirates performed outstandingly, Lumpty was fantastic on her debut with a time of 01:37:54. Bookie, Cake and SuperCaz smashed it and Buttercup was there from start to finnish in the blazing sun chearing us all on, then we all went and stuffed our faces in Stratford

30/09/2013 at 07:33

well done Rocco, Lumpty, Bookie, Cake and SuperCaz and everyone else racing and cheering them on...

Just need amusing and heartfelt race reports now.

30/09/2013 at 08:58

That cake thingee was so yummy!! Nom nom nom - husbands muffin lasted like five minutes after I got home he may have inhaled it!  I may be looking at doing the May version....

30/09/2013 at 09:43

Well done everyone who raced this weekend! Looking forward to the race reports. 

Rocco - my friend did the Wye Not Tri as well, did you do the sprint or novice distance?

I had a lovely weekend in Cambridge visiting friends. Lots of walking but no sports. Now suffering from cold so need to decide what's best for today,

Cake    pirate
30/09/2013 at 12:25

Did someone mention fell races?

mathschick wrote (see)

Am going to do the Loughborough half marathon with buttercup in March

Is it a bad sign that after a conversation with buttercup the first thing I did this morning when I logged on to w**k was goggle Loughborough half? I think I might have a race problem.

JP and Missus JP where brilliant at the weekend top supporting from Buttercup and Caz and Sarah did excellent as always. Will right up a funny race report if I can work out some jokes.

Just in case mentioned swimathon at the weekend and just realised there isn't thread up or anything. Anyone wanting to inprove there swimming or just get a good medal I would take a look it's worth a day out.

oii
30/09/2013 at 12:48

Afternoon 

Dodgy left foot turned into a foot operation March 7th of this year. on the back of no running since july 2012, i have entered myself into a massive 70.3 in August 2014. 

Partly because i dont know when to say no and partly because i feel that if i mess about for too much longer, post operation with regards to the foot making me nervous, i will never compete ever again. 

So plan is- 

*consistency in nutrtion AND training

*intensity NOT distance (to an extent)

*a course of 10 sessions (minimum) on the alter-g treadmill

*commitment to strength work

*NLP for mild water phobia

anyone else have any monday confessions? 

30/09/2013 at 12:54
oii wrote (see)

anyone else have any monday confessions? 

I had cheese cake for breakfast

Edited: 30/09/2013 at 12:54
oii
30/09/2013 at 12:55

Bloody hell JP, jealous much 

Cake    pirate
30/09/2013 at 12:58

I had an entire bar of Galaxy Honeycomb crisp to myself for breakfast.

Oii with half are you going to do? Mrs JP was talking about doing one at the weekend I think you easy get a crew together if you want to go as a gang.

30/09/2013 at 13:34

Oii come support at the Outlaw half as for Monday confessions I am enjoying my day as an unemployed bum - the couch is my friend! 

JP will lumpty be doing the Wild Boar next year? or was it another one she was thinking about.  Eww and I said to husband you knw there is a supersprint at the tri today and told him what it involved and he was like I could do that  slippery slide begins..... mwhahahahah erm cough

Cake there is talk of homemade cake at the end of the Loughborough half just if you neeeeed a nudge and it'll be GF courtesy of husbands mad baking skills!

Razor51    pirate
30/09/2013 at 13:44
Swinton 10 miler ran yesterday with Horse, came home in 1'32" a great local race and a good turn out,
Well done you lot, sounds like you had a great time at Warwick.
Take it easy Pete it will come back, as they say "time is a great healer"
30/09/2013 at 13:44

I just had cherry pie for lunch! 

30/09/2013 at 13:45

Breakfasting well Pirates

Buttercup, are you watching daytime tv in your jimjams while eating pot noodle yet?

yes Lumpty's up for Wild Boar but is also tempted by the Avenger, I'll put her down for both

Poor Bruce will be lycra clad and browsing wetsuits before he knows it

There seems to be a theme developing around events that conclude with feasts of treats, we must develop this

30/09/2013 at 13:53

Ok, so my OH did his first supersprint 2 weeks ago. Came in the top 20... I may have to ban him!  Buttercup, get the good man going! He'll love it!

well done to all over the weekend  Top banana work! Wish could have been there to heckle.

Nice to see you Razor and OiI! 

11,041 to 11,060 of 17,550 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.