Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

11,041 to 11,060 of 15,886 messages
19/09/2013 at 21:52

Just cycle into work today and circuits at lunch time. So tired asked a lift back with a friend and she's coming to get me in the morning too. Tomorrow just about 2.5 miles cycling and otherwise nowt! Tomorrow is my last day at work!!! Where's the 'happy dance' emoticon????

19/09/2013 at 22:16

surely this will do Mikasa 

If I'm allowed time off for good behaviour I might see some of the Tour tomorrow, Mrs WS not pleased with me training twice this week already - so dropped tonights session!  Might get enough brownie points to see middle of fly past by the MAMILS

20/09/2013 at 08:16

mikasa enjoy your last day

great swim smooth session last night, not sure what he meant when he said something in terms of 'lots for us to work on' not many of us there so lots of attention and great to have someone almost watching your every move and ready to tell you what needs correcting. Might get good at this swimming lark one day!

having a rest day today even though I feel an almost irresistable urge to run. Tri on Sunday though so should have a rest day today, test the bike outside tomorrow after swapping wheels (turbo wheel to road wheel) and normal masters swim session. Swim progress will be measured by whether I continue over the months to be the slowest person at the masters session

20/09/2013 at 08:21

ooh... so I ran yesterday lunch time, a short 5.5km in a slow time, but I was saving myself for this morning.

I cycled in to work today.  Admittedly I drove to the next station in the car and then set off in the morning gloom.  27.5km, 1.02hrs, av 26.4km/hr.  I'm really pleased with myself...the good thing is that I can add this to my training regime wtihout the OH complaining...I just wish I'd started it earlier in the year as the mornings are getting darker but it was the fear of the unknown that had stopped me, but I'd told everyone at work that I was going to cycle in today so I had to do it.

My legs hurt now...and my arms...

20/09/2013 at 08:56

well done pete

20/09/2013 at 09:00

Yup - lots for me to work on too there MC! Maybe one day I will catch up to you in the pool.  Am a little tired today - biked to work suspect a run will occur tomorrow rather than today.

Way to go Pete keep it up!

Mikasa have a celebratory wine for the last day!!

20/09/2013 at 14:23

I had my fins on for the drills buttercup, not sure I was much quicker than you without them

20/09/2013 at 15:44

Still got  a pain in the neck so no exercise allowed   Not enjoying this at all.
Has physio and acupuncture on Tuesday but no change. Ah well time will pass and it will get better eventually.

20/09/2013 at 16:11

Wrinkly Smurf hope you get to see the speedy lycra tomorrow, I will not be in the area due to FiL visiting down in the New Forest. I know some of the locals are moaning about more road closures.

I ran/walked this morning, ached a lot by the end but did cover 5 miles so more or less on target. Carrot Cake sportive on Sunday, not sure how it will go but at least the weather forecast is reasonable.

Pete, well done on the commute cycling and keeping the OH happy. I need to look at doing that again, but work is so here, there and everywhere at the moment none of my journeys seem suited to cycling.

20/09/2013 at 19:47

Finished! It's all over, new life starts!

Soooo tired though, last day was bit stressful cos I don't like leaving things unfinished. But got away at 3.  OH is cooking dinner and I'm thinking about cracking open a bottle of red.

20/09/2013 at 20:26

Yayayay! whew! Enjoy the red!

20/09/2013 at 20:44

Woohoo mikasa, get the bottle open, kick yer shoes off and relax. Can I ask what your new job is?

Steady, 5 miles is a good distance, although if you convert it to km, it seems longer, its nearly a 10k...good luck with your sportive. 

Ali, neck pain isn't fun. perhaps a bit of wine and a hot bath is in order...?

Maths, good work on your swimming drills.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
20/09/2013 at 21:26

Kid germs. Nuff said. 

20/09/2013 at 22:17

Oooo, good news Mikasa! Enjoy your weekend.

E Pixie - that is not nice

Ouch Alibear

Pete - well done on the commute

MC - sounds like you are doing really well with your swimming.

It's friday which means long run in the Chilibean household. Haven't slept well all week. Only 5 or 6 restless hours each night. So this afternoon I was feeling rough with a headache and itchy throat. But the weather was lovely so I set off with No.2 on her bike. Had planned to do 3hrs 30mins. But got the route mixed up in my head and ended up doing 4hrs/20 miles! Ran out of water and food. But it was lovely coming home together in the dark. Must remember to take a torch next time cos under the trees it was very difficult to see the path.

Had a very hungry child by the time we arrrived home. I'm hungry too but my tum doesn't seem to want to eat. Strange thing is my legs felt okay and I didn't struggle with the run even though I'm so tired. Pretty amazing what the body can do.

20/09/2013 at 22:23

Well done on extended run Chili and mini chili on bike. I know what you mean about it getting dark earlier now.

Pirate kit sorted ready for Sunday but bike is not. So it will be a very early start as I want to get going at 8.00am which is the earliest you can start. I have just looked at the route and know about half of it as I did the short route last year. My body may be rebelling by Sunday afternoon after 110km.

20/09/2013 at 22:59

Sounds a great event Steady. Hope you have a wonderful day.

21/09/2013 at 06:14

Go hard Steady! Fuel, Fuel, Fuel!

It is getting dark quite early at the moment long slide into winter.  Will break out the bike lights next week.

21/09/2013 at 08:08

wow, well done chili and your girl

mikasa what are you moving on to?

steady - just take it steady, fuel well and you will do it

swimming again for me this morning, need to give the bike a spin to check it is ok for tomorrow - not sure what I will do if it isn't - look around for a friendly person to ask in the morning I guess!

21/09/2013 at 09:19

Hi guys, just popping back to say hi *waves*

September has been a bit meh and I've not had anything to come and post about.  I just seemed to have been hit by one thing or another, the another being a back injury that's forced me to pull out of my event tomorrow.  Stuff happens so not moaning, as long as I can finally get back out training next month I can live with that. 

I hope you all have a great weekend and if you're taking part in events, have fun and good luck reaching targets for those that have set them.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
21/09/2013 at 17:06

*waves*

I've just entered "The Shakespeare" Autumn half in November. 4 laps ... I hate laps! No idea why I let myself get persuaded but it's entered so hopefully this will motivate me to get out.

More ceiling painting today - painting white on new white is impossible!

keep being brilliant folks!

11,041 to 11,060 of 15,886 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.