Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

11,081 to 11,100 of 15,122 messages
23/09/2013 at 09:32

EP you will be able to get back in love with the sport give it time.

I discovered that what I thought was chafing at the bottom of my shorts was in fact mozzy bites. Legs not too bad just seem to ache all over. Pleased to do the distance and it was just chance that the distance was what it was.

23/09/2013 at 17:49

steady - yeah, I have loads of mozzie bites too, I think they have moved inside now the weather is cooler

off to swimming tonight

23/09/2013 at 18:32

Lazy bum today - rode my hybrid to work today - that bike is a beast! Heavier and fewer gears and no feet clipped in - reinforces love for the road bike.  Decided tomorrow is a good day for a run!

23/09/2013 at 19:13

I had this morning off - I was so tired I needed the extra hour in bed, but tomorrow will be run and Weds sufferfest

23/09/2013 at 19:58

Anyone want to do this with me? Tail end of November easy 10k...

http://www.heanorrunningclub.com/9.html 

23/09/2013 at 20:49

I know what you mean Buttercup, I went out for 25 miles yesterday on my old mountain bike for a bit of a change, it has killed my legs, it was like cycling through gravy, I did overtake a couple on roadies going up hill, thank god they didn't hear me wheezing or see my face streaming with snot and tears as I bombed it down the otherside of the hill while trying to make out I was fit. Day off today to let the legs recover after the MTB debarkle, got a swim tomorrow then my first club cross country race on Wednesday for the works club, I'm not sure of the distance yet, I think its a little too late to ask, I would rather keep the shock for the day of the race  

Stratford tri at the weekend too,  yay  

I like the sound of the pudding race.........do you get the pudding after?

23/09/2013 at 21:58

I might be tempted buttercup

great swim tonight, and one of the other women in the lane told me to go in front of her when we were doing breast stroke cos I was faster knee must defintely be getting better as I haven't been able to do much breaststroke at all without it hurting but was fine tonight. Shoulder held out too, just felt dodgy on back stroke - I am probably doing it wrong, so cut out the back stroke

24/09/2013 at 09:08

Good to hear that the swim was OK MC, my swim this morning was hard work but felt good apart from the neck and top of shoulder aching. Discovered that I have 2 speeds steady and sprint for 25m.

Cake    pirate
24/09/2013 at 12:35

Ay up sorry been on my travel's for a bit and just come back into w**k today. Have I missed much.

24/09/2013 at 12:57

Hi everyone... couldn't find the thread, so thanks Pete for posting the link

Welcome back Cake

Steady - well done on you sportive

MC - well done on your swim.

Am having a cut back week, sports massage this afternoon . Then I'm goign away for a holiday on my own for the first time. Off to visit my brother who lives in Berlin for five days. Am very excited. Will wave at the marathon runners on Sunday.

Cake    pirate
24/09/2013 at 13:02

Chilli you will love the marathon only one I've done outside of the uk and a bit of a party. Try not to enjoy the beer to much.

24/09/2013 at 15:25

Just found this thread again, must remember not to close it or ill lose it again.

Lots of great work going on, well done Steady on your ride 

Got my first tri this weekend so went and recee'd the course over the weekend. The bike route is all downhill apart from a monster hill which I have to do twice, other half is gloating as she only has to do it once, but will make up the lost time descending from the top. Then we went for our first ever open water swim, my god it was cold!!! So glad we had a practice and know what to expect. But even though it was a tough ride and cold swim I had a great time and really enjoyed it  Bring on Sunday! 

24/09/2013 at 17:01

chili - ohhh, exciting, have a great time. Don't think about the kids, they will cope fine without you!

Ran this morning, don't know if it was the heat or tiredness but found it tough going

Been on a course all day which was good, but now I have loads of school stuff to catch up on

24/09/2013 at 19:57

12k run tonight - the humidity and general hot sucked the energy out of me - it was tough going too MC.  Did it though

Razor51    pirate
24/09/2013 at 20:14
Well done everyone,
Anyone know how ST got on in the Sandman?
Not done a lot lately, ran 7.5 miles on Sunday morning avg. 9.04 min/m which felt good, been averaging 8.45 min/m on my 5 mile runs , I seem to be getting faster now the season is nearly over. Doing the Local Swinton 10 miler next Sunday with Horse,
24/09/2013 at 22:00

Rocco, now you have found us we will expect a race report after your event.

Happy hols Chili.

Glad to hear you made it back up north Cake, how was the run in the New Forest?

Cake    pirate
25/09/2013 at 12:21

Painful Steady still not back to anywhere near my best at the moment running wise and it showed. Got a abingdon place for next month and now wondering if I made a mistake. Distance doesn't worry me but the cut of does.

Not heard from ST for a bit if he doesn't come on I'll text him tonight and send him a dirty joke. actually might do that anyway.

25/09/2013 at 16:10

I want to go for a run to get rid of work stress but need to wait for the mobile mechanic to come and collect my road and hybrid bikes for a service.

Edited: 25/09/2013 at 16:10
25/09/2013 at 17:04

steady - hope you get out for your run

cake - ouch, see how you are closer to the time

good turbo session this morning, did one of the new sufferfests - violater, it hurt!

25/09/2013 at 17:40

buttercup - how are you getting to swimming tomorrow? I can pick you up at Quorn if you like

11,081 to 11,100 of 15,122 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.