Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

11,101 to 11,120 of 15,433 messages
25/09/2013 at 18:37

Ooh, my road bike is in for a pedal change to look clips and now I've got shimano road shoes...what have I done? Expect to hear that I've fallen over and broke something in the next couple of days. but if I cut 10 minutes off my commute I'll be grinning like a loon. 

25/09/2013 at 18:46

MC I am going to try and bike - on my beastie bike with the lights my calves are not impressed with me so not doing anything tonight!

JP there is pudding!! Apparently you dont get a tshirt or medal you just get pudding! I say we do it - husband likes pudding he can have mine

Don't worry Pete I have fallen over enough times to not worry about it too much any more

25/09/2013 at 18:54

OK see you there buttercup. If you change your mind text me I will check my texts before leaving home this time

The Evil Pixie    pirate
25/09/2013 at 19:41

you know I said work was stressful just now ... well boss's wife called in for him this morning ... chest pains... ambulance ... hospital... admitted for tests.

I so don't want to be more than just a teacher!!

On the plus side 90mins talking to 1 student's folks last night & a day of the brown smelly stuff today has forced me to do an evening distress run both nights.

I don't run at night. Too many noises and people but needs must!

25/09/2013 at 20:29

Gah have just been reminded that I will be in Prague when the pudding run is on no pudding for me then - sigh...

25/09/2013 at 20:48

What is wrong with being in Prague? 

EP bad news about your boss

The Evil Pixie    pirate
25/09/2013 at 20:57

MC not good - he's 1 yr older than me. I'm now covering his yr10 grp that has driven him to despair. Double session today with them forced me to run!

25/09/2013 at 21:31

EP, bad news.

My bikes are having TLC and I went for a run. My body now needs TLC. I did 4 min walk and 9 min jog, repeated, then walked the last bit home. The foam roller will be used before bedtime. Not sure if my Garmin is playing up now it is out of warranty or I just had weird readings, HR was lower than normal for the amount of running I did and how hard it felt, also at one point it reckoned I was going amazingly fast then stationery.

Hope to get a swim in before work tomorrow.

26/09/2013 at 08:00

EP - if the group is that bad then make sure you get support from higher up with them. Don't know what your school is like - depends on the support you get from SLT etc but don't let yourself get stressed by the classes!

26/09/2013 at 11:47

i could never be a teacher!  I don't have the patience.  Have you seen the program educating yorkshire?  If that's what modern schools are like, I'm glad I'm old...

I'm off to pick up my bike now and then tonight I'll practise falling off safely before a mini commute tomorrow to put them to the test...

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 12:24

Pete just remember everyone and I meen everyone fail's over and feels like a prat at the first traffic lights they come to after getting on the pedel's for the first time. If you can would be a good idea to stick your bike on a turbo or leen against a wall and clip and unclip a few times first for practice. good luck and well done for getting them mate they are worth it.

I could never be a teacher ever.  EP hope your boss is ok and also you don't hae to much stress from it.

Whats this about a pudding run? Where?  

26/09/2013 at 12:40

Pete, Cake is right, when not if, practise clipping in and out whilst leaning on a wall and work out which foot you would normally put down first is the one to unclip first.
Also as you approach any junction or where you may have to stop, unclip early then if it is clear just keep pedalling and clip back in, that way it is less of a sudden do it all at once thing.

26/09/2013 at 12:41

You had me at Pudding......I'm in

26/09/2013 at 12:47

I wouldn't be a teacher, I remember being a right pain at school and I was one of the goodboy's (see what I did there), no job is worth the stress, work to live!

Did my first cross country yesterday, very hard but lots of fun and I was well impressed that I did it in 47 mins untill someone said its not quite 10K, I ignored him.

Good luck on the clipless Pete, don't forget to wear gloves to protect your hands from the tarmac, and remember to unclip way befor the traffic lights

Cake are you still doing Stratford?

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 13:10

Yes mate think I'm going to be crap as legs are still recovering from a marathon but treating it as a laugh. We should be about in coventry the day before for cosmo if your about but not got a plan yet. mmmmmmmmmm cosmo.

Normally hang around the run curse after I've fineshed to hand out jelly babies and shout at people so if I see you missus I will heckle her to the finesh.  

26/09/2013 at 13:21

Me too mate, my body has given up for the season, we'll be at Cosmo from around 6pm till they close , we'll see yous there, I'll hang around after the race, I'll come and find you if i don't see you before, what times your start, I'm 9.30 ish, I'll probably roll up at 9.29 like last year, Lumpty is still waiting for hers as she deleted the email by mistake

26/09/2013 at 14:01

Hi guys!

Been all over the place this week and slightly unmotivated. Got my act together today though and went for a run. Really muggy and still and was wondering why the first mile was so hard but it was ever so slightly uphill. Breathing was hard and only did 2.5 miles but it's a start.

Cake    pirate
26/09/2013 at 14:08

Lumpty's start time should be on here if she's worried sorry don't know her full name. link

I've got a 10.04 start time as a sh*t swimmer I should be by the bacon wagon before then through. With luck Caz might be coming for some heckling as well.

26/09/2013 at 14:23

Thanks for the link Cake, found her time 11.01, I should hopefully be back to see her at T1, with a bacon sarny in hand (mine).

Mikasa, I found it tough going yesterday on the run, it felt really muggy and hard to gasp any air, must be the weather

26/09/2013 at 15:50

JP - I hope it's just the weather, otherwise that was one hard run!

11,101 to 11,120 of 15,433 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.