Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

11,181 to 11,200 of 17,571 messages
10/10/2013 at 18:48

Oh yes I am, I have a massive birthday next year, but I will admit to staying up late to watch it.

10/10/2013 at 21:59

Spinning was good, the music played is rock, so we had "I want to boogie" T Rex, The Clash, Bruce Springsteen and "Teenage Kicks" by The Undertones amongst the tracks, I wanted to sing along but impossible as I was working hard. Hopefully the legs will ache less this week.

10/10/2013 at 23:12

OH did 1st spin class yesterday. When asked if he enjoyed it, his response was 'yes when it had finished!' 

11/10/2013 at 06:34

Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! 

11/10/2013 at 08:14

Can't feel my fingers and need mudguards

Razor51    pirate
11/10/2013 at 09:13
I can remember Dixon of Dockgreen. for you youngsters ask your parents they will properbly whistle to you They will know what I am talking about.
11/10/2013 at 10:56

Razor, I remember a little bit of that, the copper at the end saying a bit to camera. That was in the black and white days. Can't quite get the tune in my head, luckily, but I know I would recognise it if I heard it.

11/10/2013 at 13:33

Not sure if I remember watching starsky and hutch but I really liked Cagney and Lacey...

Short jog at lunch time, 2.45miles. I really struggle with the first mile at the moment, to get my breathing under control and feel comfortable I need to do 12:30 m/m but then it gets easier and 'faster' and I feel I could go for much longer. I think I'll try to keeep 3miles as my minimum and do try to do that 3 times a week. Do you think that's a good plan? Then start adding to the 'long' run.

oii
11/10/2013 at 13:42

i have not got a scooby doo what "watery fat" is. but apparently its the better / easier to lose type. he had a damn good prod of my fat bits, cringe. 

i am with a pt for tri specific strength training twice a week. my core isnt even a core, its just an unused piece of my bod. needs SERIOUS work. my shoulders are hopeless and my ass and hamstrings might as well belong to that neighbour of mine who is obviously competing in the sofa surfing world championships. 

I AM FINISHING IN THE HEALTHY BIT OF THE FIELD FOR ALL MY RACES NEXT YEAR. i will not be (as previously) finsishing somewhere along the lines of where my neighbour would finish ANYMORE. 

Mikasa - are you doing dynamic stretches pre run? I do the warm up bits of a jillian micheals dvd pre run and i start out a lot better on the road!!! one of my friends doesnt even consider the first 15 mins of her run as part of the session - she jogs and gently lengthens her stride. then when she is at 15 minutes she starts her training.... i do this with my bike sessions.....

11/10/2013 at 13:46

I'm supposed to have done 3 x 10 mins "runs" this week but have only managed 1. I really have lost my training mojo.  Was planning on spindrome tonight but that's been cancelled.

oii
11/10/2013 at 13:49

alibear30, where are you based? you can pm me if you like, dont post on this board. if you are near me i will go out with you no worries. my training mojo is ON atm - am happy to kick your ars3 back into mo farah mode. 

then when my mojo is off to you can reciprocate 

11/10/2013 at 15:50

oii - no, not doing any dynamic stretching beforehand. I do a brisk walk and then start slowly. Do you do the whole warm up with jumping jacks etc? I do have Gillian's dvd's so that might be an idea to add. Hmmm, does she start her garmin after the 15mins?

Alibear - you'll get there! We all lose our mojo now and again.

11/10/2013 at 16:49

after all those tunes buttercup didn't go swimmng so didn't get the chance to do the moving entry into the car

it was a good session despite there being no coaches there (hence why buttercup decided not to go) I decided to go despite the long drive as it is an hour and a half of having a lane to myself. 

Having a rest day today as I am tired (and Friday is supposed to be a rest day in my plan)

as usual I have a busy weekend and am having the flu jab tomorrow morning so hopefully that won't make me feel rough

11/10/2013 at 17:51

Good luck with the flu jab MC. I cancelled mine and rescheduled it for the end of the month.

My mojo has gone and left me, taking my energy and good health with it. Fed up feeling lousy. So far this  week I have done one swim and one spin that is all, almost as bad as last week. Think I will take this weekend off as well, the weather looks certain to be horrid. Just need to get well enough to do some training before the real training starts.

11/10/2013 at 19:28

Your tunes were lovely I have decided that going to the swimsmooth sessions is a bit much due to my new schedule so I'm going to focus on my running and getting to grips with the new job I'm going to bodypump and a spin class tomorrow - getting my mojo back after a slow few weeks.

11/10/2013 at 20:00

ah that's a shame buttercup, but probably a good decison. Hope the job is going well

11/10/2013 at 21:55

Evening! Am home from my last long run/bike with my daughter. Didn't quite manage to the planned 22miles due to weather and tiredness, but am happy with my training and know I couldn't have manged any more. The Ultra is in two weeks so it is taper time now.

Am now baking cakes for our community cafe at parkrun tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone

12/10/2013 at 08:03

morning

well done chili on the run

pretty horrible weather here today. I am off for my flu jab, then spinning and swimming - hopefully the sore arm from the jab won't start till after swimming

12/10/2013 at 13:26

Dragged myself in the drizzly grey grey weather to bodypump and followed up by a spin class.  I have to say the spin class was hard work I couldnt get up to the 130rpm the instructor wanted so I just gave it my best go which was 115 and sweated gracefully like a lady. Although tbf when I had finished I didn't feel like a lady.  I then hauled myself home - husband had brunch waiting good start to dragging my mojo to the land of the living.

12/10/2013 at 13:39

We'll done Buttercup, Math's and Chili, I managed to drag myself to parkrun in the drizzle, then a few of us went for a coffee in our run kit, got a few odd looks but it was warm 

11,181 to 11,200 of 17,571 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.