Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,041 to 12,060 of 13,888 messages
05/12/2013 at 21:04

Emma - yeah, I know what you are saying. Yes, in China the kids are so stressed there is a high suicide rate. The kids stay after school for 3 hours every night doing extra work on their own, totally different culture

05/12/2013 at 22:06

Razor, take it easy on your come back.

Emma, If they thought glandular fever, beware, I know of someone similar, young just into teaching, pushed their body too much when unwell and ended up with ME for years and had to give up work and was housebound for over a year, could not do a thing. Now many years later is better but has to pace herself.

I have been to spin class again and I know I worked hard tonight as the sweat was running off me.

Hope Pete and others are OK with the bad weather about.

05/12/2013 at 22:16

Thanks CJ! I'm having to take it easy- don't want glandular fever as it took me 6 months to get over worst of it! Will you be doing east grin stead again? X

05/12/2013 at 22:22

Mc - as a mum that thought is horrific! Got to go and squeeze my pumpkins now! Bless them.

rest up you!

05/12/2013 at 22:29

Emma, yes, entered already for East Grinstead. Hoping to be faster by May.

06/12/2013 at 09:13

I've heard about the suicide rates too, the pressure on the kids must be unbelievable and entirely wrong.

Well done on the spin Steady.

Swim this morning for me, quite happy with myself at the moment, 6 x 100m this morning and felt I could have done more, 5 weeks ago I couldn't FC 25m before my first few swimming lessons.

Parkrun tomorrow 

06/12/2013 at 11:20

thanks for all your comments.

It was a bit windy and snowy and icy and some trees came down, but it wasn't as bad as it was forecast in NE Scotland.  It did wake us a 3am just from the sound of the wind, but I waited until day light to drive in to work and by then all of the trees had been cut up and moved from the roads. 

Cake    pirate
06/12/2013 at 12:18

Emma I'm a very labour type so biased but everything Gove has ever said has always looked daft when you look at the details. Nice to have you back kid.

((((((((((razor)))))))))) 

06/12/2013 at 14:33

Glad to hear it Cake! Gove is a TURD end of.

i didn't swim this morning because my chest still doesn't feel right and I have a 10k tomorrow - I won't be racing but pacing my friend through her first event! Then Sunday  morning 10 windy miles across the South Downs. ... Dressed as a tree! 

Well done bean pole and take it easy razor!

Steady - I'm going to get my chum to do east grinstead too - such a nice event and I'm looking forward to OW now I've got my wetsuit.

06/12/2013 at 18:22

evening all

had a rest day today

pete - glad to hear you have survived

06/12/2013 at 21:40

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have been AWOL. I have been training in small amounts but the darkness of December always gets me a bit down.

However I have been doing lots of crunches and planks and have a lovely set of abs... it's just a pity there is still an inch of fat covering them...

Congratulations on the swim improvement Beanpole.

All the best for your two events this weekend Emma

Will be parkrunning in the morning as normal with two of my girlies

06/12/2013 at 22:06

Emma, is that the Peachaven Mince Pie Run with Xmas puds as prizes. I did that once a very long time ago, it was cold and foggy.

Glad to hear you survived the weather Pete.

Chili I am also having to work on my abs. I expect you are really busy at this time of year.

I walked this evening, rather than run due to some smelly bonfires. I plan on swimming and running tomorrow and cycling on Sunday.

06/12/2013 at 23:27

It is indeed CJ no matter what the forecast it is always windy there! Last year I was an elf and the year before an angel with a full length dress and gold organza wings!

Hi chilli - with you about December. Even if I hadn't been poorly I would have found it tough to train! I'm yet to try a park run.

have put on 1/2 a stone since being laid up so feeling very flabby - should do planks but I'm terribly lazy!

07/12/2013 at 08:00

I hate the short days too, but in two weeks they start getting longer again

spinning and swimming today

I should be working on my abs!

Good luck Emma

07/12/2013 at 08:04

30 mins Z2 and Bodypump class today - grubby day outside I have an ab does that count MC?

07/12/2013 at 12:19

Coached swim session then a long run/walk of nearly 4.5 miles.

07/12/2013 at 12:29

30 mins turned into 47 lol had to go slower to keep it in Z2 - got to class looking pretty - not turns out today is quite a nice if nippy day out there - the grubby faded away quite quickly.  Getting the winter tyres on my road bike today ready for a run out tomorrow

07/12/2013 at 12:30

Well done Buttercup and Steady, lovely day for it  well it is in the East Mids....

Parkrun this morning, finished 3rd in 18:13 (1 second PB haha!), swim later.

The winner of my parkrun today set the new course record - 14:59!!!! 

07/12/2013 at 14:12

Too tired for parkrun this morning, had late nights on Wednesday and Thursday and just needed rest. Still not over the cold either.

And it looks like we'll moving again in January...

07/12/2013 at 15:11

well done beanpole - you are really quick - but the winner of your parkrun - that is an amazing time!

I was hoping for a run this afternoon, but have had chores and shopping etc to do, only just got home after leaving at 8:20 this morning and realised I am just too tired. So having a bit of a 'feet up and browse the internet' half hour before having to sort out kids etc!

mikasa - make sure you get plenty of rest. Why the move?

12,041 to 12,060 of 13,888 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.