Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,041 to 12,060 of 17,566 messages
29/12/2013 at 11:35

Hurrah... nasty nights, long and extra shifts finished. Had a wee run to test the waters and not too bad. 

Hopefully Christmas time has been good for all and well done to all those continuing to train. 

Will make more of an effort to catch up now I have a few days off 

29/12/2013 at 11:45

Day one: Rest day swim and wee run tomorrow.  Good to see you back Mrs D!

29/12/2013 at 12:34

MrsD!! Good to hear from you.

my glutes are still killing me and I can't believe how much I am sleeping - 10 hours a night the last few nights!! Think I need a few early mornings this week to get me back to my normal sleep hours before going back to work. 

will either have a short run or turbo this afternoon (currently at in-laws) and maybe a swim this evening (no masters sessions this week but public swim session this evening and tomorrow evening) - hopefully that will loosen me up a bit!

29/12/2013 at 12:34

I have run, well still a run/walk but 4.6 miles which is amazing considering I have not been for a run for 2 weeks. The last mile were uncomfortable and painful at times but I power walked most of it and that eased the muscles a bit.

29/12/2013 at 12:42

well done steady! 

29/12/2013 at 15:56

Well done to everyone who has been training. 

Except for a 1hr bike ride with my girlies this week has been a complete write off and I'm beginning to go a bit nuts! 

30/12/2013 at 09:03

morning

pixie - good to hear from you. You do realise you need to start doing something now? Don't leave it too long....

well, got out for a nice 4 mile run in the dusk yesterday - took my headtorch just in case but didn't need it. Also went for a swim in the evening, but it did remind me why I started going to the masters sessions instead of the public sessions.

Taking the kids to a leisure pool today where they can play on the slides/in the wave machine and I can do some lengths.

Will turbo later too. Glutes are getting over their DOMS so if I get chance when OH gets back from work I may go to the gym and do some more strength stuff

30/12/2013 at 09:43

Glad to hear some of you are still getting training in.

I'm getting frustrated by my situation but as there is not much I can do about it, I'm just chilling out. Just have to watch out I don't eat and drink too much in the meanwhile. Anyone ever used apple cider vinegar for their cold? Just heard it might do some good so will be buying some today. And honey, don't have any honey in the house atm.

Back to work today too.  Hoping it'll be quiet. The two days before Christmas were supposed to be but weren't. Got some tickets to see Mandela; Long walk to freedom for tonight so hopefully trains will be fine and I'll get back home in time.

Cake    pirate
30/12/2013 at 12:47

Pixie hope your ok chuck. If it's any help I'm still sulking after being pulled off the bike in 2012. But got a pirate outlaw buff that year so been using it as motivation but forcing myself to wear it on races just to remind me not to take it for granted that I can always finesh. 

Had some day's off w**k so been enjoying it a little to much by not looking much at PC's hows everyone doing?

Razor51    pirate
30/12/2013 at 15:32

Hi Gang, hope everyone didn't over indulge this week (I tried not to) 

Went for a run yesterday, my aim was to just get some miles  in my legs, ran 7.5 miles @ 9.58 min/mile pace and felt ok until later in the day when my legs and hips killing me,  this is the longest run I have done for a while so I think I'm a bit rusty, I will make an effort to run more often  

Well done those of you who have been getting out there.

30/12/2013 at 15:51

well done razor

just did sufferfest's Rubber Glove and nearly cried part way through! It is functional threshhold test so going to try to work out what it all means now! Hoping I have the strength left to do some weights in the gym when OH gets back from work. A few nuts and a drink first though while I crunch the numbers on the FT test

30/12/2013 at 18:23

1.5 k drills/swim and a wee run today.  Grotty weather outside tho' got to the pool and was quite looking forward the swim this is what happens when you take enough time off you really want to get back to it!

30/12/2013 at 19:03

This festive period I have been mostly eating too much and doing no exercise. 

I'm really impressed with everyone's dedication. 

I've got a 10K on the 2nd Jan and I ain't even bovered to do anything special for it.  If anyone had told me 12 months ago when I started posting on this thread that I would be able to do a 10K without special training, I'd have laughed at you.

oh, and it's hogmanay tomorrow...I'll be taking a self imposed ban from the interweb for a day as drunken Pete is likely to offend...

30/12/2013 at 19:28

Happy Hogmanay Pete. I rested today but tomorrow is a swim and a turbo session is planned.

30/12/2013 at 19:51

Razor, bit of WD40 might help  

35min Z2 run done. Focusing on the Spring Half!

30/12/2013 at 19:52

Fink eh! You are a big girl now Buttercup!

Razor51    pirate
30/12/2013 at 20:34

Mrs D, WD40 I never thought of that, should I put it in my High 5 drink ?  

Nice running Mrs D, I might do the Blackpool half again in Feb.

30/12/2013 at 20:41

I has big girl undies too Mrs D!

31/12/2013 at 09:00

morning all

Happy New Year/Hogmanay to all and here's to 2014: may it be a good year for us all.

31/12/2013 at 20:47

Hi Everyone

Finally managed a 1hr yesterday and felt wonderful!

Happy New Year to you all and I wish you all the best for your dreams for 2014. xxx

12,041 to 12,060 of 17,566 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.