Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,061 to 12,080 of 17,550 messages
23/12/2013 at 15:58

Mikasa, you are not the only one with a spring HM and no real running done.
I have stayed indoors most of the day, I ventured out to the supermarket first thing and that was hectic.

Happy Christmas to everyone

I wanted to get that in before the weather causes power disruptions and other problems and I get busy putting more towels down on window sills where the water is coming in.

23/12/2013 at 16:12

Cycling to work was a bad idea today, happy Christmas everyone, keep dry and safe.

Razor51    pirate
23/12/2013 at 19:39

I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you all get everything you wished for, hope you all have a great time  

23/12/2013 at 19:39

Good swim and turbo today, not so good weather. Taking my easier week for obvious reasons this week.

Happy Christmas  I shall be eating a ridiculous amount on Wednesday - feel free to join me.

Razor51    pirate
23/12/2013 at 19:45

Turkey and mince pies thats the sort of diet I like 

23/12/2013 at 22:12

Does a fun swim with the family count as training? I have a rich uncle with a beautiful indoor swimming pool which has a bridge crossing over it so I combined it with some water assisted pull ups . Followed by a tea party to celebrate my grandparents 70th Wedding Anniversary.

JP - I'm glad you made it home safe!

24/12/2013 at 10:11

Chili - sounds very grand!

Merry Christmas all! 

Still working today but off to North Wales afterwards for 5 days. Hopefully it'll be a lovely break where I can fully recharge my batteries and get rid of this pesky cold. Getting to sleep is still difficult.

24/12/2013 at 13:13

Chili - sounds like great fun

mikasa - hope you get plenty of sleep and rest

Happy Christmas to everyone, hope everyone has the kind of day they want whether they are with family, friends or alone

24/12/2013 at 21:18
mikasa wrote (see)

I might just give myself more of a break and not run before new year again. And that'll leave me only 9 more running weeks until HM. It ain't gonna be pretty! 

I think there are a couple of us in the same boat.  I've got a spring HM and my knee is stopping me from training...I'm sure it'll be fine in the new year...

happy christmas everyone

24/12/2013 at 22:07

Happy Christmas everyone, have a great day,  Christmas day park run at 9am to kick things off then a group boxing day cycle, hope the wind blows off

26/12/2013 at 20:21

Hi Everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas Day.

My 10yr old twins got 'new' bikes for Christmas so I took them out for an hour yesterday afternoon before it got dark. Now we are on 'holiday' at my parents house in the North Pennines and I suspect I'm not going to be doing any training for most of the week, cos my family seem to wander around in a state of hopeless lostness when I'm not around. Does anyone else experience that?

27/12/2013 at 09:40

morning all

after a lazy xmas eve and xmas day I got out for a run yesterday and have to admit that my fitness is going backwards and it felt so hard. I know this is because I have had a rubbish December of being ill on and off but it is a bit disheartening. Anyway, going to stick to a run/walk strategy for the year I think, and on my longer runs have the run section shorter so I can do more distance. Need to start having a bigger bike focus though!

off to the gym in a bit 

27/12/2013 at 12:17

I have done a turbo session due to the wind and rainy weather, got bored by one hour so got to 1:17 before giving up. Garmin says I worked nice and steady with improvement to my fitness, I hope so as I did not fancy a run.

FiL situation is beginning to get me down and have to go with the flow of what is happening, he is being a selfish old man and causing problems for other family members.

27/12/2013 at 12:24

I'm still coughing and spluttering and not being able to breath properly.Done couple of short walks but otherwise happy to just chill out and relax which is very easy to do at bf's mom's house. Planning to get back home for Sunday and do more unpacking. Might leave training to first full week of new years but will go on feel. 

MC - I think I'll have to go for walk/run strategy for my long runs as can't see how I can do them otherwise.

Steady - sorry to hear your FiL is making things difficult. 

27/12/2013 at 12:28

steady - sorry to hear about your FIL - family can be difficult sometimes. 

mikasa - just get yourself better before starting to run again! 

Had a good gym session, although it was cut short as my boy went over on his ankle playing squash so they came to get me. He always plays on these things but will be ok. Don't think he will be wanting to do parkrun tomorrow though

27/12/2013 at 19:23

Urrrrghhh, I've eaten too much chocolate pecan pie 

27/12/2013 at 19:25

mmm that sounds nice although I guess you don't feel like that at the moment!

28/12/2013 at 14:53

Merry belated Christmas everyone.

I've had four days of food and family so was quite glad to go for a cycle today with the OH, nice and peaceful.  I was a bit concerned I'd have lost my fitness and strength given I haven't done anything for two weeks because of being ill but I couldn't resist my bike any longer.  Turns out I'm still OK and managed to get to third on an upflat strava section without trying.  Lungs felt tight in the cold air but fingers crossed I'm back in business

28/12/2013 at 18:02

good news ecoseal

I woke up this morning and my glutes hurt so much - must have been the lunges at the gym yesterday! There was no way I could go for the long run I had planned! I have had trouble walking most of the day, and bending down.....ouch! Did do a gentle turbo session though to get my legs working and blood flowing....hopefully will be able to run tomorrow. It is weird how much they hurt, the rest of me just kind of aches, which I expected because I haven't been doing much strength work, but I have been doing squats etc at home ...

29/12/2013 at 11:35

Hurrah... nasty nights, long and extra shifts finished. Had a wee run to test the waters and not too bad. 

Hopefully Christmas time has been good for all and well done to all those continuing to train. 

Will make more of an effort to catch up now I have a few days off 

12,061 to 12,080 of 17,550 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.