Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,121 to 12,140 of 17,551 messages
02/01/2014 at 15:44

1.6k swim and 30 mins on turbo.  The Conkers one was good Cake but that might be come and visit the East Midland Girls kinda visit not an every weekend one as it's a bit of a hike from Brum. JP I didn't last 3 days before I switched stuff around - I was meant to run and swim today - but we biked and swum instead Im living on the edge man!

02/01/2014 at 16:22

I am pretty rubbish at sticking to plans too! Well my swimming is dictated by the masters sessions and the swimsmooth sessions, so that is swimming taken care of and doesn't get switched. I just need to get back into a routine with the running/biking and work

I have done a very slow run/walk but I realised it was pretty windy! and the last time I ran was Sunday - so a definite lack of consistency there!

cake - my kids love games workshop - strangely they haven't asked me to take them to warhammer world these holidays, but they did take over the living room one day....

Cake    pirate
02/01/2014 at 16:34

Used to love it as a kid myself and still prat about with some of the games sometimes just to be down with the kids.

02/01/2014 at 17:29

Back to the routine today, going to turbo shortly, the spin sessions start next week.

02/01/2014 at 18:36

HI guys

Chili - I felt for you when I read about that awful car journey, hope you're all feeling a bit happier today.

I'm starting my 2014 affair with Fink next week (twiddled with a bit to accommodate some personal needs/goals).  It feels quite good to have a training rota to work to.

Best of luck to you all with your targets for 2014.

02/01/2014 at 23:54

Well done to everyone who has started their 2014 training plan.

Thanks for your kind words. My kids are feeling a bit better today, but hubby spent the entire day in bed or in the bathroom throwing up! My parents (whom we were staying with) are also ill, so I'm waiting to see if I am struck down next.

Anyway, suffice to say it has been another non-training day *Big Sigh*

Dustboy    pirate
03/01/2014 at 00:23

HNY all, may you all recover from whatever demons are striking you down. And mine can just fuck off once and for all.

So, plans for 2014.

1. Run a 10K2. Swim 400M without having to stop
3. Race with Cake, somehow.
4. If very very lucky, complete a tri, I'll take a sprint and be proud of it.

All assume remaining functional at the end and capable of cheeseburger consumption. Maybe even with Cake.

03/01/2014 at 10:35

I'm starting to feel better and the cough is gone.  Now I just have to try to not start exercising straight away and when I do, take it easy for the the first couple of weeks. But I'm sure I can start next week again.

Cake    pirate
03/01/2014 at 12:15

Dusty, What about Stratford again? There is always the bacon sandwich van. You feeling better mate?

03/01/2014 at 12:16

Yayaya DB hope to see you out there this year then! Let us know what sprint you pick and we will come join ya or at least support!

03/01/2014 at 14:06

Happy New Year one and all!

Glad you are on the mend Mikasa and good luck to everyone who has started a plan or set their goals for this year.

My swimming lessons have been going well helped by the fact the teacher is beasting me each session and it's that kindof structure and discipline I really need.

Flying out to Norway at the weekend for a week of snowboarding - that counts as cross training right?

I plan to identify my 'A' race in February as I'll have a little more swim data and have started the new job so will know how much time I've got to train.

03/01/2014 at 16:38

DB - hope you are OK but take it easy

mikasa - good to hear you are feeling better

ecoseal - well done on the swimming, it definitely helps to be doing structured sessions. 

03/01/2014 at 18:12

I seem to have managed to get home, get changed and go for a little run.

03/01/2014 at 20:25

Am sick - boo! 

03/01/2014 at 20:50

Boooooo!

03/01/2014 at 21:58

MrsDigger - hoping you recover from your illness quickly!

03/01/2014 at 22:26

oh no, MrsD - get better soon

Dustboy    pirate
04/01/2014 at 00:37

Cake, nothing would please me more at the moment (well maybe Cheryl Cole could try). Let me get signed off by medics in Feb and I'll see where I stand. Be great to make it back there if I could.

Get well everyone else. That's an order! ;O)

04/01/2014 at 10:55

I will keep my fingers crossed for you DB, then it would be a pleasure to do a Parkrun with you again.

I have been swimming but my mojo seems to have got lost on the way home and I am not keen on doing my long turbo session. The weather is horrible and I have no intention of going outside and getting soaked. But I do want to do my run tomorrow as the forecast says it might be dry for an hour or two.

04/01/2014 at 14:23

EP, good to have you back in action, start with small sessions and work up.  I am glad I do not live near those peeps that keep entering races and getting you to join in.

My butt is about to get on the bike for a turbo session, excuses have run out and if I get it done before Mr Steady gets home from work it gives us more "us" time.

12,121 to 12,140 of 17,551 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.