Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,121 to 12,140 of 15,886 messages
13/12/2013 at 17:29

No run for me, came home made a cup of coffee and had a biscuit. My front tooth has broken so think I will give running a miss, the cold air on it will not make me a happy bunny. Grrrr. And... I have a dental check up appointment for Tuesday evening, I doubt that they will be able to fit me in on Monday instead.

Probably will turbo on Sunday rather than risk the air on my tooth.

13/12/2013 at 17:53

steady that is a pain, however, may not be too bad, I chipped a front tooth years ago and the dentist just built it up with white filling. It is worth ringing them on Monday, they normally keep some slots free for emergencies every day

13/12/2013 at 18:12

ooh...I'm giving up running until the race on the 2nd Jan.  I'll still be able to do a 10K with no more training.  I'll try a turbo and perhaps a swim.  Even my hips are hurting now.  I've got an hour massage on tuesday and perhaps the rest will do me good.  The massage lady is a miracle worker.  I hope so.

14/12/2013 at 10:06

Thought I'd set my alarm but no, so no parkrun. It's a packing day today so run either later or tomorrow.

MC - sorry to hear you were feeling ill and missed your free do. My work Xmas do was yesterday as well had a really good night, there was cealic (sp?) band and it was such fun!

Pete - look after yourself!

14/12/2013 at 10:34

pete - maybe you need to do some strengthening work on your legs? squats etc to strengthen glutes and quads to help protect your joints. I need to get back to doing them.

feeling a little better this morning, and have managed to eat something, but no exercise today. Having a bit of a rubbish December...

oh well, have loads of tests to mark so may as well do that and have a bit of a tidy up round the house ready for when we decide to put up the xmas tree - probably next weekend.

OH seems to have disappeared back to bed, he came in about 2:30 pretty drunk - I think all the drink was free! Apparently they shared my meal and it was lovely 

14/12/2013 at 14:26

MC my December hasn't been much better tbh!  So going swimming after the bodypump class wasnt the smartest move - arms were quite tired lol.  Nevermind I biked 13km, swam 40 lengths and did the Bodypump class - sock stuffed.

14/12/2013 at 17:02

well done buttercup. 

still feeling grotty so will do nothing tomorrow either

Razor51    pirate
14/12/2013 at 17:13
Did Parkrun this morning with Horse and Viking, Pennington Flash has a few hills so happy with 27'41"
5k Santa dash tomorrow at Old Trafford
14/12/2013 at 19:11

Enjoy tomorrow Razor.

Pete, do you own a foam roller? Do you do any strengthening or injury prevention work?

Today has turned in to a rest day for me due to an issue with my severe lack of experience, a shortened temper and an unwilling bike pump  

Aiming to swim tomorrow and do a small bike too, back into the swing of things for next week.

14/12/2013 at 19:58

beanpole - what kind of bike pump do you have? I found out this year that a track pump is the only thing worth having (well and a mini pump to take out with you for on the road emergencies). I got one from evans for less than £20

14/12/2013 at 22:26

MC and Buttercup - my Dec has been pretty much a write off too! Although I've been keeping up with my crunches and my abs are really pretty good.

All the best for tomorrow Razor

Parkrun this morning with my girlies.

15/12/2013 at 09:29

razor - well done at parkrun and good luck for the santa run

oh well, may as well call December the off-season downtime and look forward to a more productive January then I reckon ladies!

Razor51    pirate
15/12/2013 at 17:05
We had a great time in the Santa 5k run at Old trafford, about 1750 Santa's legging it down the road. did it about 27' 40" forgot to stop my Garmin
Horse has just seen us on Sky sports news jogging through the start line. I'm the one in the red and white suit.
15/12/2013 at 17:17

Well done Santa Razor! I have spent my rest day watching IM Cairns and finalising my training plan for next year - am organized within an inch of my life lol.

15/12/2013 at 17:29

MC - I have a standard hand pump but have ordered a track pump from amazon and borrowed my neighbour's today. All sorted now 

On the back of that went for a 50 min ride on the hybrid, it's still ridiculously warm for this time of year here

15/12/2013 at 17:33

I did not turbo today. I woke up really late.

My temporary filling fell out, so I did another one and hope it will last until I see the dentist.

Hope to get some training in during the week, tooth dependant.

15/12/2013 at 17:48

I love the mini track pumps, much better than anything else (bar those co2 things I don't use) you can take with you, so easy!

Razor - well done on your Santa run. I originally had a santa run planned for today too, but things got in the way...

I scrapped this week for training and start again next week with my running. Don't think I'll bother with anything else till new year in the new place.

Aldershot 50m pool closed till April though.

16/12/2013 at 14:58

Blimey - I'm only away for a moment and look how much has been going on!

Will read back in detail tonight (rather than marking Mock exams!)

16/12/2013 at 16:38

feeling better today but going to take tomorrow off too to make sure I am fully recuperated. 

Like Emma, have mock exams to mark!

16/12/2013 at 19:51

Good decision MC! 

3 mile run for me, was supposed to be easy but somehow I always push it on the upflat and then descend too fast on the second mile. That thrashed my legs a bit but feeling fine.

12,121 to 12,140 of 15,886 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.