Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,161 to 12,180 of 17,566 messages
Cake    pirate
09/01/2014 at 16:57
mikasa wrote (see)

Cake - great news! But haven't received an email...

Fiddle just messaged you to check e-mail chuckes.

09/01/2014 at 18:23

JP you have created a vision in my mind that was from a sit-com TV show many years ago set in a leisure centre with a wacky manager.
I was told to practice my exercises three times a day or as much as possible, I will not be suddenly doing the  "dead bugs" exercise anywhere apart from in the privacy of my home, although I do sometimes do stretches whilst waiting for the kettle to boil at work.

I have eaten a GF pasta ready meal and feel totally stuffed, hope it settles down as I have spin class later.

09/01/2014 at 18:38

Cake - for some reason it's missed s from the front, have messaged my address on here again.

I'm feeling quite unmotivated today. Should do a run but I don't know this place at all. Probably been only in a half mile radius from our flat in day light. Kind of just want to sack it today. 3 miler on a treddie doesn't really float my boat either.

09/01/2014 at 21:07

Bit of CBA about. Keep on keeping on peeps. will be even more fun when the snow gets here

feeling better so gonna try a wee run tomorrow. 

Cake - have sent you a PM. 

09/01/2014 at 21:51
I did sack it tonight but tomorrow is another day!
09/01/2014 at 21:57

I'm planking everywhere, but it's the pelvic tilt thrusting that raises eyebrows 

09/01/2014 at 21:59

Oh do be careful with the pelvic tilts that could look dodgy.

I have been spinning, concentrated on holding my core in, hard work after the Xmas break, was dripping sweat in a very unladylike fashion, Hope my legs work tomorrow.

10/01/2014 at 08:04

haha JP - great mental image for me to start the day

I ache all over from swimming last night! Good job it is rest day

mikasa - make it your mission to scout out some routes at the weekend while it is light!

10/01/2014 at 12:45

MC - will do. Think I might go to parkrun, hopefully it won't be too wet and muddy and destroy my trainers. Then might cycle around looking at routes. Did go on walkjogrun website to have a look but just don't know the area. Will also need to buy some trail shoes in case I need them for the HM.

10/01/2014 at 13:07

Well I will be swimming after work since the couch got me last night - added an extra scoop of protein powder to my shake this morning am feeling a lot less hungry today decided also to go to the gym tomorrow and do my run indoors!  Not feeling the love for the rain and the wind at the moment.

JP is it stop, drop and plank?  Or is it like Hammertime?

10/01/2014 at 13:55

ButterCup - What kind of shake are you having in the morning? And is it for nutrition or losing weight? Sorry for being nosy, no need to answer if you don't feel like it. Just asking because I've finally realised that the weight is not going to drop off on its own and I need to make bit more determined an effort. But I'm not really into shakes and stuff. Just gathering information...

I too, am thinking about run in the gym tonight, just short 2/3 miles and then doing my programme after. I think my motivation is dwindling because the HM is so close and I know I can't get back to fitness that quickly. But I must keep going!

Edited: 10/01/2014 at 13:58
10/01/2014 at 19:18

JP - loved the plank thing, great imagery.

10/01/2014 at 19:26

just got my kit delivery
not tried it on yet, the house is a bit cold for getting changed! 

10/01/2014 at 19:53

Mikasa:

http://www.phd-fitness.co.uk/store/p/38255/1/PhD-Nutrition---Synergy-Iso7-2kg.html#.UtBNv_14X1o

I have that and a banana and a cuppa for brekkie.  I started out having shakes (slim fast) when I first started cycling to work as I was v. overweight and eating before doing what at the time was a very large amount of exercise made me very nauseous and that wasn't fun at all - so i would have only a banana but it wasn't enough so I included the shakes.  Then I decided the Slimfast shakes were a bit crap and looked around for something that would help me build the lean muscle I needed and the PhD shake was the one I chose.  I continue to have a shake but I sometimes change that with oats, blueberries, banana and almond milk.  

10/01/2014 at 20:48

ButterCup - thanks for your answer. Will have a look into this as might have to start swimming in the early morning. As long as I'm commuting that's the only exercise I can do in the mornings and tbh, that's the best time to get the swim in as lane swimming at nights is 9-10pm, bit late for me.

2 miles done on the treddie again this evening. Wasn't so bad now that I was prepared for it but will try to go for parkrun tomorrow and find routes at the weekend outside.

MC - new kit, how fabulous!

10/01/2014 at 21:20

Ooooo, new kit sounds fun  

JP - *giggling at mental pictures too* 

Mikasa - have a look at this website. I know quite a few people who have moved to this eating lifestyle and have lost lots of weight and seen significant health benefits. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz2ocP2t6Pm

Did another 5 mile run this evening. Will get back to some swimming and cycling next week.

10/01/2014 at 21:59

I was tired and had a dose of CBA when I got home from work, coupled with an invite to have coffee round at a friends for a natter meant I did not do any training tonight.

Masters swim in the morning then probably long bike ride.

10/01/2014 at 23:16

Yay kit arrived today, tri top is a tad snug but I am carrying a bit of Xmas cheer.

I have a work type training course all weekend so evening swim tomorrow 

planking is still causing a stir, I consider myself a proper planker now, my back ache is getting better with every plank and tilt

keep up the good training everone enjoy the weekend

11/01/2014 at 11:08

Parkrun done! Very muddy, slightly slippy and quite hard work. Run/walk of 1.55 miles to parkrun,then steadily round. Nice course except for mud. Was chatting to a lady at the start and forgot to put my garmin on, then had to wait it to find satellites when I was already running but they've been very quick and already texted me results, 34:38 which considering everything I'm very happy with. Had to walk back home cos legs were so knackered.

Also doing the 30 day plank challenge and the 90secs today was hard! Planning to go for a short bike ride as well as weather's really nice and tomorrow's supposed to be rubbish.

Enjoy your weekends!

11/01/2014 at 12:57

well done mikasa I always forget to start my garmin, or forget to stop it at the end!

well, treadmill run then spinning class then masters swim. I think that might be enough for today. Unfortunately have to take eldest child to Nottingham to get some school shoes. He keeps growing!! He is the same height as me and OH now, feet bigger than mine...

12,161 to 12,180 of 17,566 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.