12,161 to 12,180 of 15,449 messages
17/12/2013 at 20:25

Congrats Ecoseal!

17/12/2013 at 22:09

Congratulations Ecoseal.

Cake    pirate
18/12/2013 at 12:35

Excellent Ecoseal.

Maths just out of interest how many of the kids are scared of spider's then? Sure you will know by now.

18/12/2013 at 12:58

Well done Ecoseal! 

MC - hope you enjoy the Hobbit

My week is going a bit better. 5 mile run on Mon, Swim yesterday, 5 mile run this morning. But I have a Christmas pressie in the form of a MacBook Pro so work has been shunted aside whilst I play. Need to go a wrap the pass the parcel for tonights Christmas party though.

18/12/2013 at 19:27

cake  I think the teachers were the worst with the spiders

slept well last night but still not totally over the lurgy. Think I should just take the week off and try to get out for a walk

19/12/2013 at 11:27

I guess everyone's busy training or resting? I was supposed to do my 5 mile run yesterday but it was raining and windy and today's forecast looked better so today's the day! When I get home I'll have to go straight out as we still have some packing to do and only 2 nights to do it. Have planned a new route and looking forward to it.  Kind of...it'll be sloooooooooooooooow...

19/12/2013 at 12:51

Congrats EcoSeal, great news before Christmas 

Tuesday was a 9 mile long run at 7:19/mi, I'm happy with my running at the moment so most of my effort to improve is going in to swimming and the bike. Wednesday was a rest day. Swam 1.2km this morning in sets of 200 or 100, trying to mix it up a bit.

Turbo session later, it's eerily still outside after the chaos of last night's hail storm...

19/12/2013 at 19:06
Thanks for the congrats everyone!

My swimming lesson went well and I'd looking forward to getting some lengths in over the xmas break I'm also going to do some small runs and see where I'm at.

Since the stress of the interviews and work I've relaxed and immediately come down with a head cold. Hopefully it'll clear over the weekend.

Keep up the good work all and thanks again for the good vibes.
19/12/2013 at 21:15

I did it, 5 miler done despite the rain! And all in all, I'm feeling good!  Couple of long inclines that were hard, especially the one that was between miles 3-4, that really sapped my legs and put my heart rate up. But downhills and flats were a breeze.

But I do have a question. On an undulating long run, do you try to keep your heart rate/min per mile constant or allow for the undulations? If I did the uphills at the same heart rate, I was down about 30-40secs but then uphills and downhills I was feeling that I was going too fast (but breathing was easy and it felt easy and was still way in my 'long run pace'. Maybe I'm over-thinking it. But this run gave me a glimpse of how well I'm doing atm plus also making me realise a lot more still needs to be done.

19/12/2013 at 21:55

Well done Mikasa. Sorry I have no idea about your hear rate question.... I run how I feel which is usually very slow.

Urgh, Eco-Seal my body does that too. I am very rarely ill but I have been working so hard this term and won't be finished until after the service on Christmas morning. Then we are all going away for a week and I'm hoping the the 'relax' doesn't hit me too hard.

Pilates today. Would like to do a long run tomorrow but the schools finish early and in the evening we are carol singing around the town so not sure I'll fit it in.

19/12/2013 at 22:10

mikasa - allow for the undulations 

21/12/2013 at 07:49

morning everyone

my birthday yesterday but spent it rushing around doing stuff. Better not to make a fuss then I can pretend I am not getting older

starting to feel much better but still tired, off to parkrun with my little boy today then I will see whether I feel like swimming is a good idea or not! Don't want to miss it because the masters sessions are stopping over xmas but it is pointless going if I am not up to it

21/12/2013 at 08:45

+1 Allow for undulations.

My next birthday I will 25.  I'm not getting older.  Am getting ready for a plane ride today!! If I don't get back online before christmas - Meri Kirihimete ki a koe me te wh??nau!

21/12/2013 at 11:36

Buttercup you are just a mere youngster, I am going to stick at my age next birthday which will be twice yours.

I went to masters session this morning and it was festive relays. We were put into small groups and had to do 25m sprints doing different things. One length being an egg and spoon race with a proper spoon and a table tennis ball, no cheating allowed. It was a laugh and I even managed the task to go down to the bottom and pick the brick up. Cup of water on forehead doing backstroke was the biggest laugh.

21/12/2013 at 13:15

I can't remember how long I have been 21 for....

My little boy enjoyed the parkrun and wants to go again next year. He walked quite a bit of it but wasn't put off so that's good. Swimming was slow but I don't feel wiped out by it and felt nicely hungry afterwards

hoping for a nap this afternoon but the rest of the family might have other ideas....

21/12/2013 at 17:36

So this lurgy seems to be sitting at the top of my chest/throat I am still on the down hill stage where each day feels worse than the last - hopefully a turning point will be reached soon.

Looks like any form of training will be reserved till after christmas.

Glad Mini-maths enjoyed parkrun - was it one of the junior parkrun events?

21/12/2013 at 18:00

just a normal parkrun ecoseal, haven't heard of junior parkrun. Off to google it!

21/12/2013 at 22:28

MC - Well done on you and Young 'Un going to park run. 

Eco-seal - hope you feel better soon! Being ill over Christmas is miserable 

Well my week started off so well and then went pear-shaped when Big Girl (11) woke us up at 6am yesterday in pain. Hubby took her to hospital where she was diagnosed with appendicitis and had it removed last night. 

I was supposed to be leading our parkrun Christmas event today but dropped off all the stuff to our great team of volunteers and headed straight back to the hospital. She is doing okay, with no infection and pain is manageable so we brought her home this evening. The surgeon took a shine to her when he found out she was a runner like he is. But she's going to be in bed for the next few days.

22/12/2013 at 09:06

chili - hope your girl is recovering ok, what a thing to happen when you are at your busiest!

Decided today was going to be a day when I had a lie in, because I never do, but was wide awake at 5 am. Stayed in bed now just having a lazy breakfast. Think I need to do some housework today then I will go out for a run while OH takes the kids to see the hobbit this afternoon. Going to make it a slow run/walk and try to do around 6 miles even if I walk more than I would like, I feel like I need to build up a bit of 'time on feet' after all the downtime this month. Might try to get all my marking finished too so that I don't wake up thinking about it at 5 tomorrow morning

22/12/2013 at 09:29
Chili I hope your little one recovers quickly, what a thing to happen. Glad she is back home and surgery went well.

Illness now just in head not chest so I'm walking round in a cloud of Vicks. Off to visit a national trust place today and have a bit of a walk.
12,161 to 12,180 of 15,449 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.