Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,601 to 12,620 of 17,564 messages
Cake    pirate
05/02/2014 at 16:58

Fair does mate. Not going to be doing in but I would look at the manchester sportive if you fancy it. Sure someone will stick a link up when it open's you get to play on closed roads.

05/02/2014 at 17:10

Cool, the Fink thing will pick up soon and I'll be able to get a few more hours under my belt, then you'll be able to fill my Bento box with bacon butties and torture me with some lumpy roads.

Cake    pirate
05/02/2014 at 17:17

Roll on the summer.

05/02/2014 at 18:16

BACON! nom +1 for summer!

05/02/2014 at 18:30

Roll on a week without rain and wind, will do for starters.

I am having an extra rest day, ankles and calves still sore.

Did anyone enter the Ride London 100 ballot? I am waiting for the answer of in or out.

Mallowpuff    pirate
05/02/2014 at 18:44

Lack of lane swimming is one reason for not using local leisure centres, and instead paying the extra to use Bannatyne's. The other reason being the wife really doesn't want to be bumping into kids that she teaches. At least at Bannatyne's we know there will always be 2 swimming lanes available regardless of whatever else is going on.

Plan for me tonight is 30 minutes or so on the treadmill, followed by a 1500m or so swim. Having said that I feel like I've spent most of the day swimming whilst out at work...

05/02/2014 at 18:53

lack of lane swimming at my local leisure centre is what pushed me to join the masters sessions at a swimming club glad I did because it is much better than lane swimming on my own

had a rubbish day at school and done no training

oh well, weather is horrible right now but should be better in the morning when I have a run planned

Mallowpuff    pirate
05/02/2014 at 20:49

Well we didn't make it to the gym, so the wife went for a run then got on the cross trainer, and I got on the turbo to have a go at my first "proper" session on TrainerRoad. Went for one of the Sufferfest sessions, Revolver, although I don't have the video yet (think I'll invest in some, also want to get Chrysallis, their new tri-specific vid) and I think I made a poor effort of my FTP test as although I had a sweat on during the sprints, I wasn't suffering. Had to scrap it after half the sprint intervals as my knee developed a bit of a twinge, and I didn't want to risk anything so took the sensible option of stopping.

FTP re-test for me over the weekend with a proper effort, and then next week I'm going to start one of the base training plans.

05/02/2014 at 21:16

I did the 8 minute test tonight DB After signing up. Think i could of gone harder aswell but legs were hurting from the last few days

06/02/2014 at 08:10

I would suggest finish the plan you started and then work on the z2 afters - or just try and keep you HR under 155 as much as you can (this is what I did when I started way back when - it was all I could do to keep it under 155 was soooo unfit

I too did not get into the Ride 100 which would've been a mild miracle seeing as how I didn't enter

06/02/2014 at 08:17

EP - keep to the plan! I am doing all my long runs as run/walk now and intend to keep it that way. I have been looking into the Jeff Galloway training plans, and there is a thread somewhere on it. Last Sunday I did 10 miles of 60secs run 30 secs walk and it was fine. I am intending to do my marathon in April all run/walk, just need to find the right ratio so that I make it round!

Didn't sleep much last night (work stress) so didn't run this morning, have parents evening tonight so won't make it to my swimsmooth session either! I am hoping I will have a bit of energy to do a gentle run or turbo when I get back just so I do something

I too didn't get into Ride 100 and hadn't entered. Really not interested in trying to haul my bike down to London! King of the Penines would be a much better ride, but not sure I am up to those hills

06/02/2014 at 08:18

oh and buttercup - after seeing your fb post just had to play Iron Maiden run to the hills when I got to work nothing like starting the day with a bit of rock!

06/02/2014 at 08:26

\m/

06/02/2014 at 08:59

18 months is loads of time. We will be there on the start line together and celebrating at the end

06/02/2014 at 10:25

+1

06/02/2014 at 10:44

+1 

06/02/2014 at 10:48

+1 here we is going to nail that sucker!

06/02/2014 at 11:11

+1. 

Maybe I should join in in 2015 if everyone else is doing it...

Suzanne Vega was brilliant as always. Didn't realise she has a new album out; she did 4-5 songs from it and very good indeed. I asked bf to buy me the cd.

Spin for me after work, was thinking about making it into an indoor brick, see how I feel later.

Cake    pirate
06/02/2014 at 12:19
mathschick wrote (see)

I too didn't get into Ride 100 and hadn't entered. Really not interested in trying to haul my bike down to London! King of the Penines would be a much better ride, but not sure I am up to those hills

Not even I'm that mental Those are big hills.

I can't get Iron maiden out of my head now.

06/02/2014 at 12:46

Ok, so another question for the ladies of the thread. Just interested to have an approximate idea ( I know it'll defer etc) but,
What's the frame size on your bike and how tall are you?

Just looking at bikes again, this time on ebay. As I will have to buy a proper road bike if I'm to do Wild Boar.

12,601 to 12,620 of 17,564 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.