Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,821 to 12,840 of 13,930 messages
Razor51    pirate
06/02/2014 at 23:02

Ran 4.5 miles with Horse tonight in the cold and rain, but still enjoyed it, we averaged 9'43" min/mile so I'm ok with that but I think I hold Horse back a bit but he dosn't say anything.

07/02/2014 at 07:14

5 a side football last night and my shins are killing again. Think ill lay off running for a few weeks to let them heal. Im really annoyed by it 

07/02/2014 at 07:28

BS - aqua jogging?

07/02/2014 at 09:57

Steady, that would be great. I don't mind coming your way either. When I was looking at bikes on ebay, one of them was for collection only from North Hants Bikes in Whitchurch but if anyone has better suggestions, those are always welcome.

Just got news that bf is going to work in Toulouse for next 3 weeks and I might even have a chance to visit one weekend. Can't take any time of work though so will be a short Fri-Sun visit but I do like travelling and seeing new places.

Can I please be be-friended on fb as well? 

Also, this was the bike from northhants bikes if anyone knows more about specs etc. Obviously now the 48 might be to small for me...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161160140460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Edited: 07/02/2014 at 09:59
07/02/2014 at 12:50

Try before you buy. I'm another 5ft5" with a Dolce 54cm. I have long arms and legs and a fat blob in the middle for a torso

07/02/2014 at 12:58

hi everyone! It's been a tough week at work - observations of others in my frees, coursework to mark and my own observation with bottom set year 10! But managed to train pretty well 10mile run tues (slow), 2k swim Wednesday, Thursday 6mile run (v v slow) in the poring rain and 2k swim this morning in 41 mins with total time of 48 mins ( about 4 of those mins were waiting while they moved the floor) so pretty chuffed. Have stuffed my face with soup, three slices of toast and butter and a HUGE wedge of fruit cake - yum scrum! No the ironing - marking tomorrow!

07/02/2014 at 13:04

Incidentally I am 5'6.5 and have a trek lexa size 52cm frame. two different shops put me in different sizes- I have more clearance in the smaller frame and just put the saddle up. A slightly more aggressive riding position which I prefer. Hope that helps 

07/02/2014 at 14:39

Emma - well done, bet that has been an exhausting week

mikasa - no idea what your real name is but if you pm me your name and a link to your fb then I will befriend you

07/02/2014 at 14:43

So I decided to bike the whole way to work today - only got a bit lost and ended up on some horrible pieces of road and roundabouts - not for the faint of heart methinks my postdoc was quite amused by it all - It was a nice day out for a pootle tho'.  I waited until it was light (good move) and I took the weather girl on faith when she said the sun was going to come out - it did!

07/02/2014 at 14:55

well done buttercup - maybe you need to have a go at the weekend when you have time to scout out a decent route! How far is it?

07/02/2014 at 14:59

It was only like 30ish k I just missed the turn off apparently the main street I was following split into main main st and little bit main st but I didn't realise I did a big loop.  Today's weather would've been good tomorrow!

07/02/2014 at 16:36

Mikasa feel free to friend me on FB.

MTB Diva, your description is good, I leave out the bit about my bulge in the hope that when I meet people they do not notice it straight away.

I have had another rest day, which is becoming a habit but for good reasons today. Since the weekend I could feel a niggly pain in my lower back and ignored it, thinking it was just from the race and would go. It did not by yesterday and managed to get to see my osteopath this morning. She confirmed my fears, my pelvis had twisted again, but because it was not too bad she manipulated me straight again. I got instructions not to exercise until Sunday and then to only do a little bit and gently. Also told that as it was my day off no housework to be done either as any stretching or twisting could undo the good.

I am now being good concentrating on keeping a good posture.

07/02/2014 at 17:03

steady that is a pain, but make sure it recovers before you do anything

5.6 mile run/walk this morning, very warm and no rain while I was out

hoping to turbo a bit tonight while OH cooks

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/02/2014 at 17:27

as promised ran after work

3 sets 7run 2 walk and OMG I didn't realise how long 7 mins was  - HR hit 186 on my staggers ... so unfit

07/02/2014 at 17:31

I have a date with my new foam roller tonight. bring on the pain

07/02/2014 at 19:08
Oh, I don't do front crawl yet, I only swim breast stroke atm.
07/02/2014 at 20:45

Had a nice early 3 miles cani-cross with Dawn Dog to start the day.   My arms not right yet, but my head's in a good place and I'm looking forward to starting week 6 of my Fink program.

Steady - I hope Sunday's exercise works out for you.

EP - don't worry about slowing down if you need to, it does get better.

Steady & Buttercup have my name for anybody here wanting to FB friend me.

Have a good weekend all

07/02/2014 at 21:33

Hi all, well I've had a fun evening. Just back home! Only 3.5 hrs after than usually cos someone decided to get themselves under a train. I mean it is sad  and I don't know what happened but it certainly affected many people getting home.

I should be going to a party (only next door) but am so tired now really can't be asked and have planned parkrun for the morning as it's their anniversary.

08/02/2014 at 09:47

Went for a swim last night with the aim of paying no attention to times until the end. Got halfway there and realised my Garmin was sat on the coffee table at home, doh. So instead I did 400m taking it easy and thinking about my technique the whole time, then a few sets of drills.

Having a brew now whilst deciding whether to go out on the mountain bike or the road bike, Doesn't seem too windy at the moment so might manage a road ride

08/02/2014 at 11:16
SteadyCJ wrote (see)

Mikasa feel free to friend me on FB.

MTB Diva, your description is good, I leave out the bit about my bulge inthe hope that when I meet people they do not notice it straight away.

I'll try and remember that

Edited: 08/02/2014 at 11:17
12,821 to 12,840 of 13,930 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.