Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,941 to 12,960 of 13,839 messages
14/02/2014 at 14:52
Good luck with your training.. I will update regularly.
14/02/2014 at 17:13

buttercup - sorry to hear about the job situation. Don't become a teacher is my only sane careers advice 

anyway, half term now, despite not sleeping last night I got up early enough to run 6 miles, so feeling very pleased - did the Jeff Galloway run/walk and it works so well for me and leaves me feeling really happy with my runs

going to have a turbo tonight and a nice long sleep!

14/02/2014 at 17:23

Last out of the water, I am another Outlaw half person.

Thanks for the offer Cake to meet up with Sarah, did not have time and was right in the centre of Birmingham at the Holiday Inn near the station.

I have not done much training and am looking forward to a long sleep as have felt terrible all day.

I have tickets to go the the London Bike Show and Tri show at Docklands tomorrow, will keep the credit card locked up for safety.

14/02/2014 at 18:09
The weather could do one! An hour and a half at the station waiting. Somehow I knew this was going to happen, after all it's Friday and people want to get home...
14/02/2014 at 18:14
I was alway glad that I cycled my commute . I may have been wet and cold, but at home.
14/02/2014 at 20:16

Nasty nights, speak to you guys in a few days! 

14/02/2014 at 21:21

I'd cycle commute but 100 miles a day would be a tad too much for me...

My local parkrun has been cancelled again due to flooding. Depending on weather, I'll do some exercise tomorrow.

14/02/2014 at 21:42

Can you bike to the train station? It's what I do then bike from the train station to work.  Have decided unless it's particularly nasty i will go for a run tomorrow morning INAFKC!

15/02/2014 at 06:18
AliBear30 wrote (see)
DS - Hope you make it, the forecast for here can be summed up in one word, Turbo!

I wussed out, a little too gusty for me to feel okay on the bike this morning so had a cross country run instead.

Edited: 15/02/2014 at 06:24
15/02/2014 at 09:38

Last Out of the Water - I am another Outlaw Half person

DS - glad you didn't risk the bike, I bet the run was tough enough!

I went to bed early, slept for 10 hours, and got up too late to go spinning, so swimming in a bit and a nice long turbo later. Going to try to find the time to do ISLAGIATT - 2 hours, kind of depends on family stuff though

15/02/2014 at 10:27

Can I bike to the train station? To reduce the commuting time, we chose a flat about half a mile from the station,takes me about 8mins to walk there.  And the same on the other side. 

As I knew there was no parkrun in the morning I let myself have a lie in, which looks like I missed the best, sunniest part of the day. After I had brekkie it started raining...

Edited: 15/02/2014 at 10:28
15/02/2014 at 10:36

Very windy 8k this morning only saw dog walkers and one very muddy but happy mountain biker!  Literally bounded out of bed and forced myself out the door had a cuppa no brekkie - used up all the sugar consumed last night

The Evil Pixie    pirate
15/02/2014 at 11:06

Down south for the weekend so eating fab food and sitting on butt. 

My school hours are supposed to be 8:15-5:15 Mon to Thurs and 8.15-3.30 on Fri which means I get there at 7:45 and leave 5:30. I do 3 after school thing (revision on 2 nights and year 6 on the other)

hubby on mornings next week so hope to run before work. Then 2 weeks off but loads of marking to do too 

15/02/2014 at 12:09

I had very strange dreams about IMUK last night lol - for some reason it had turned into a pool based swim - which was good cause I couldn't find my wetsuit and was late! Then I was on the bike and being blown all over the place! And then I couldn't find my trainers - so I went to the lost property where they gave me one back and then said i would have to pay 60 pounds to get the other one back - at which point I woke up - freaking wind disturbing the sleep!!

Have a good weekend EP!

15/02/2014 at 13:38

Sorry to hear about your job Buttercup, hope you get something sorted out.

ive had a few days off, may have overdone it as I've had nothing in the tank.

Me and Lumpty may do the Great Yarmouth Half this year, it's a week after the Boar, so we'll be on the support team if we do, that would be better for the barbecue plan 

15/02/2014 at 14:06

I plan on more turbo riding later as this weather sucks. Ill pick another workout from trainer road Then swimming and gym tomorrow

16/02/2014 at 07:36

I seem to be having an extended cba. Although I did get to the gym and pool(twice) at the hotel this week. Work and the weather is getting in my way. On the plus side, in a 19m pool I seemed to be able to keep swimming fc with few stops to replenish the oxygen supply. I wonder if thats because its getting easier or if 19m is a nice length to swim.

Its good to see everyone else fighting the storms. I'll try to do the same next week. 

16/02/2014 at 08:23
mathschick wrote (see)

DS - glad you didn't risk the bike

Thanks MC

Lovely weather for the bike ride this morning and I don't think it's making my arm worse.  That's good as I need to ride road miles a lot more than turbo miles if I'm going to get better at upflats.

16/02/2014 at 09:03

morning all

bit of a lazy morning so far, but I have eaten and am going to head out for a long run in a bit

seeing my sister later - she might be able to help me sort out a different job

16/02/2014 at 09:27

blue sky here today aswell, wish i had time to go for a ride on the road. Had to do a quick 45 minute turbo, i did sufferfest the wretched. Very good 45 minute workout

Off for a swim after a few more wedding venues visits, oh the joy

12,941 to 12,960 of 13,839 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.