Cake    pirate
03/03/2014 at 17:20

03/03/2014 at 17:23

No, cake, not Cake.

03/03/2014 at 19:40

Cake is running is he not?

03/03/2014 at 20:00

buttercup - glad you are feeling better now

pete - what injuries are you getting? You might need to do some strengthening stuff

legs feeling good today, I have done a gentle turbo instead of going to swimming to loosen the legs up for a run tomorrow, and not swimming means I can get an early night

cake - would be interesting to hear about those places, I'm sure we'll see each other at some event or other soon

Razor51    pirate
03/03/2014 at 20:43

Hi Gang, its seems my back problem is down to my Sacroiliac joint and nothing more serious . The Chiropractor says my pelvic muscles are solid and it is making my hips and left leg weak causing all sorts of imbalances, so no running until she sorts me out. 

Everything felt a lot better after, so got another appointment next week.

Mrs D, have you dried out after your 12 miler 

Maths, well done on your 15 miler 

EP, glad to hear youv'e got your mojo back 

Edited: 03/03/2014 at 20:47
03/03/2014 at 21:26

razor - good news, you'll be sorted soon

03/03/2014 at 21:49

Good news Razor, no doubt more exercises to do, but if it sorts it out, all well and good. It is amazing how the body compensates one muscle imbalance with another muscle working hard until it gives out and yet another has to do the work.

I am looking forward to my massage tomorrow, I had booked it ages ago to be ready for the HM at the weekend, but all the cycling and walking last week has left me with very tight muscles down one side again. I will be using the foam roller shortly.

03/03/2014 at 22:04

oh massage...

04/03/2014 at 09:22

Razor I did my SI joint a couple of years back - that was not fun at all I hurt whether I sat down, lay down or stood up - went to an osteopath who told me what the prob was said it had forced other things out of whack - did some manipulation there and then - I seriously slept for like 12 hours solid that night - continued with the stretching and exercises and it resolved itself.  It is still the weaker side hence the trouble this month - hope your's gets better quickly!!

Razor51    pirate
04/03/2014 at 12:14
Suckitup, I had all sorts of problems and it all stemmed from my SI joint, like You said it throws everything out of whack so it looks like I'll be doing lots of stretching in the near future. just took paracetamol today and the back feels fine so fingers crossed things are on the mend.
Steady, enjoy your massage.
Edited: 04/03/2014 at 12:18
Cake    pirate
04/03/2014 at 12:31
SuckitupButterCup wrote (see)

Cake is running is he not?

Alas I'm running somewhere else on the day in liverpool sorry chuckles.

04/03/2014 at 14:23

You know the phrase "If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got?"
My current training plan is the total  opposite of that I'm so far out of my comfort zone it's not funny!  But it is good for me and so far just 1 session in it's been fun. Here's hoping I survive until the end of the week,
I also am apparently doing a half marathon on the 16th March, madness, but I'll give it a go.

PS any tips for remembering more complex run and bike sessions? My swims sets are now stuck on my water bottle but that would be a bit hard to see on the bike. I'm thinking of going old school and writing it on my hand with a biro.. but then gloves would cause an issue...

04/03/2014 at 16:52

Ali - tape it to the stem?

Cake    pirate
04/03/2014 at 16:57

Ali if the stem doesn't work well do you have a bento box? Depending on the box might work out easy to have it displayed on that? I've done that for directions before and worked well other than the wind took them once in the middle of nowhere.

If you have accress to a laminator works ever better.

04/03/2014 at 17:12

Bento box is a possibility, daren't put sticky tape on my lovely new steed, the first race number is going to be a painful moment

Edited: 04/03/2014 at 17:20
04/03/2014 at 17:54

I went swimming this morning and suffered broken nose clip again but continued. Now been for the sports massage and had my ITB and TFL worked on as they were very tight and ouchy. Pilates tonight but that will have to be done gently.

04/03/2014 at 17:57

steady - you have just reminded me that I should roller!!

run this morning - very frosty but started getting light as I got home which is lovely

04/03/2014 at 18:33

EP - you just need to practice. Being able to kick 50 is amazing! I used to go backwards when I kicked. I can move forwards now but very very slowly!

05/03/2014 at 05:55

Hey EP

I'm also struggling with swimming. I did 30 minutes in the pool last night, mostly dodging folk and trying to avoid being jumped on at each end. I'm never going to be fast or have great technique but I just want to be able to do the distance without drowning. 

05/03/2014 at 05:58

I read that as pool before pooping ran 22.8 km today not by design but did run mute and forgot bus money and wallet so running home was the only choice the run home is best described as a recovery run but I got home and not really stiff at all this morning which I will take as a win!

12,961 to 12,980 of 17,573 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.