Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

12,961 to 12,980 of 15,120 messages
16/02/2014 at 14:26

Well done on the training Mikasa and Mathschick. I have done precisely nothing apart from Tuesdays swim.

Still not feeling 100% and my mojo is missing along with concentration. I am aiming for a swim on Tuesday and resume bike and run on Wednesday. I have realised that I need to write up the last part of my training plan, I had only done the running bit up to 9 March which is the date for my HM.

I am going to go for run/walk again until I feel certain that I am OK to go non stop running.

16/02/2014 at 16:23

I meant Weymouth, get my mouths mixed up, I like the look, might turn into a Holliday as it's my birthday on the Thursday before, hopefully it won't fill up to quick.

http://www.justracinguk.com/event/2014/weymouth-half-triathlon

well done everyone on battling the elements, I had a nice 35mile cycle with my Wife and Sister, swim in the morning before another windy week on the bike.

have a great Monday everyone

16/02/2014 at 16:31

MC - well done on your run! I think I'm looking nearer 3hrs for my HM in March.

Steady - take it easy, no rush to come back. 

I cycled to Woking as they have Sweatshop and I went to have a look at trail shoes. The ones I really liked were a bit too small and they didn't have the next size up. The other ones that were ok and only £39 were bit too big. But at least I know what I'm looking for now so will probably buy them on the net if I can find them.

Cycle there was really nice, undulating and not too much traffic. Felt really good (actually felt like I was flying but average was only 13.1 mph). It was 11.6 miles there. Coming back I was feeling more tired and took a straighter route back, 10.28 miles and average 11.25 mph. A lot of work needs to be done on the bike.

I've only been for a one run this week as have had a bad case of CBA. Should do a long run today or a short but I doubt that's gonna happen now, feeling like I've done enough today.

17/02/2014 at 09:23

I'm so tired this morning and my  upper body aches from the swimming and the biking. I did plan to go early to bed but then realised I hadn't put a wash on. Then had to wait for that to finish so I could hang it up to dry. Midnight before I got to bed. Just a 3 mile run planned for tonight and that'll be on the treddie as have my last gym appointment to see how I've done (not very well methinks). Must go early to bed tonight especially as early morning swim planned for tomorrow.

17/02/2014 at 09:41

morning

mikasa - good luck on your run tonight, hope you get that early night

steady - nothing wrong with run/walk

rest day for me today, although I will go to masters swimming tonight

taking the kids to get their hair cut, so not much fun there!! Although we may have lunch out as a bribe!

Cake    pirate
17/02/2014 at 12:32

Goodboy if any good I know they do a sprint and olly tri at Weymouth as well and I think I'm right in saying it's earlier in the year if you wanted to check out the area before the race.

Had a poor weekend this week with lot's of mincing caused by me being disorganised. So very little training thinking that was actually a good thing because been having a quad issue on my left leg. Hopefully will make it up this weekend with a trip to nodnol and Richmond half on the sunday.

Last out of the water ay up and buttercup hope it goes ok.

17/02/2014 at 13:07

right, I'm back to running.  A gentle 5K in 25.34mins.  This week I'm going to kick the CBA and get back to regular exercise...

At least, that's what I'm saying now!

WOW MC  13 miles, that's a half marathon.  Brilliant!

17/02/2014 at 16:14

Well done Pete! I had a case of CBA as well last week but trying to rectify that after lovely Sunday. Have 5 days of training this week and a weekend in Toulouse! Looking forward to that. Plan is 3 runs, 1-2 swims and a spin.

17/02/2014 at 16:32

HI all and woot, love the positivity Pete & mikasa. (a weekend in Toulouse sounds great).

Week 7 of Fink now, and although I can't get the arm to mend yet I'm going to try a short session with some light drills in the pool tomorrow and see how it goes - I don't want to lose touch entirely again with swimming.  

17/02/2014 at 17:30

having a serious case of CBA after spending the day trying to sort out eldest son's grade 5 music exam - loads of hassle since the music teacher at school where he has his lessons has dropped the bombshell that we need to sort out someone to accompany him on the piano - but hasn't even provided the piano music. I am not very happy to say the least!

17/02/2014 at 17:40

MC, what a horrible bombshell about the music exam.

I have packed my bag ready for swimming in the morning. As today is officially a rest day on the schedule I will only do stretching.

Had a  bad start to the day at work but was determined that I would not let it get me down and things did go OK.

17/02/2014 at 17:59

Good focus Steady well I had planned a rest day for today so rest day it is - biked home and it was light for pretty much most of it running tomorrow!

17/02/2014 at 18:10

steady - it is a real painm, we have to find someone, get the music, sort out some rehearsals, - and of course all this has to be paid for, then a fee for the day itself, it is going to cost a small fortune - he had better pass!!

17/02/2014 at 20:36

MC - what a hassle! Hope you get it all sorted out and your son passes.

Steady - good on you not letting a crappy day get to you. I'm to swim in the morning as well.

Had my last appointment in the gym which meant weighing and measurements, lost a bit on everything so happy with that, nothing major though. Then 2 mile run on the treddie, just couldn't cope with another mile so left it at that.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/02/2014 at 21:17

*waves*

Good news - I've run again
I spent the weekend doing no school work as at the in-laws and did 1hr walking both days
Bad news - I'm a big fat pig who keeps forgetting that I do feel a heck of a lot better on low carb, I eat less on low carb, I lose weight on low carb. Yes I've done the I HATE THE WORLD and stuffed my face with carbs and crap

Better news - 4 mores days before I'm off. Next 2 weeks will involve marking, running, swimming and biking

Sports massage next Monday and it's going to hurt big time.  I suspect I may cry

School is hard just now - 1 of my yr9 tutees is going off the rails and almost had me in tears by being so rude on Friday
My lovely yr12 whose dad has terminal cancer is being really brave - her dad is getting married this weekend, me and my buddy tutor are gate crashing the registry office. The hospital has stopped treatment, he's had an op to insert a splint to enable him to breath and he spent the weekend in a hospice. I may want my 2 week holiday but I fear that my lovely brave girl may come back to school in tears. I ran tonight because I could and because it allowed me to forget her pain and the reminders of losing my grandparents.

17/02/2014 at 22:01

((EP)) enjoy the pain of the sports massage it is good pain.

17/02/2014 at 22:14

((EP)) a hard time - hope the family can enjoy the wedding and have a special memory of him when he is gone

18/02/2014 at 05:38

Oh EP, big hugs. I had a massage on tuesday and when she was working on my ITB, it went from mildly uncomfortable to incredibly painful in a heart beat. I nearly jumped off the table!

And I suspect that you are not a fatpig. 

Chin up, every cloud is worth two in the silver bush spoils the broth....or something... (insert comforting phrase here)

18/02/2014 at 06:48

(((EP)))

Decided against the pool.  I didn't have a plan for the session and as the morning is 'lane swimming' only, I'd probably use my dodgy arm more than I should do. I'll give it another week.

I did get out for my Fink run session though, took Dawn Dog with me for a run over the fields.

18/02/2014 at 07:55

Hoping to find my mojo tonight when i go for a run.  I have given myself a stern talking to so as soon as I get home tonight I'm out the door and down the road!

EP stop all that negative crap you are better than that! It can be hard to find your focus when the stress levels go up but good job on keeping up the running  

Well done DS!

The days are getting longer - gotta be happy about that - and it seriously wasn't cold this morning nor raining!!!

12,961 to 12,980 of 15,120 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.