Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

13,861 to 13,880 of 13,927 messages
17/04/2014 at 17:00

Good news about physiotherapist.

I seem to have survived my run yesterday even though I failed to stretch until very late last night. Been up in London today, so only just escaped from the office. Tonight is supposed to be cycling but I need to go to the

supermarket for the weekly shopping so tomorrow looks much more likely.  

Enjoy the weekend folks.

17/04/2014 at 17:59

3 mile run, first run post marathon and nothing hurt

17/04/2014 at 18:07

17/04/2014 at 20:18

Good Lord Buttercup, your previous post was like an episode of innuendo bingo   Have a top weekend honey! Xxx

Top work on the running ladies. Glad all parts holding up!

impromptu OW swim tonight. MrD in a lake in a wetsuit. So proud 

17/04/2014 at 23:29

Well I survived Spain. Back to reality today. Even had to get the taxi from the airport to drop me off at work to pick my van up ready for going back on Tuesday, back to Earth with a bang. Didn't stick to the Fink half plan strictly as such, but did enough. More than enough cycling (hard not to out there to be honest, lovely roads, amazing views) and about the right amount of running. Swimming took a bit of a hit but we'll pull that back now that we're home. Was happy to note tonight though that I've now got enough light to get an hour plus out on the bike after work though

18/04/2014 at 06:35

Up bright and early - off to find some hills I may be some time.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/04/2014 at 10:27

I feel like I've been run over by a bus - yes it's the 1st day of the Easter break. Had 12 hrs in bed last night and still can't really focus and feeling tired

Bike skills course tomorrow then off to Norfolk (with running kit) for 5-6 days. So enforced school break but will have to take masters stuff as my dissertation is due in on the 29th May!

Done nowt this week as felt beyond tired - even driving home has been a worry

Am ordering a bike route map for the East Midlands as planning to bike to school on a Friday as we leave early then (3:30 instead of 5:15) but at 20 hilly miles it'll be a good 90mins each way

Some great reading on here - you are all doing awesome!

18/04/2014 at 11:25

Good planning EP! 

3.15hrs later of quite hilly Beacon Hill/Deans Lane repeats on the bike.  Numpties out for the Good Friday morning in their flash cars ignoring everyone else on the road - grrr.  But lovely day to be out biking - frozen feet tho' can feel my butt and hip now! 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/04/2014 at 13:46

it does look a lovely day out.

I've been shopping and it took ages as it was so busy

Cross training in the garden this afternoon followed by steak, feet up, wine and Man of Steel in 3D

skills course says take normal bike fodder - bet I'm the only one with percy pigs

Buttercup when you do your morning commute do you eat at work or before? I'm thinking electrolyte drink on way then a shake as a I change for work. At 90mins I'm going to be pushed for time as is!

18/04/2014 at 14:12

I eat about half hourish before I leave giving it time to settle then depending on what else I have done e.g. running or swimming I have a banana or yoghurt afters.

18/04/2014 at 14:27

Cracking day out there today! Nearly as nice as Spain was. Just got back from today's bit of training, a half hour easy run. Decided to head for the local woods, and glad I did as the bluebells have started to appear. If this weather carries on then training will be a delight!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/04/2014 at 14:49

no way I will be up in time for that buttercup!

18/04/2014 at 16:07

I get up at 5.20am and have left the house by 6.15 usually - there's always time for priorities Pixie and me being feed and watered is kinda high on the list

18/04/2014 at 16:53

afternoon all

spent the day on the Gower, Rhossili beach and walking around Worms Head, beautiful day, but sad because we have to come home tomorrow

EP - when I have biked to work before (last year when OH was made redundant) I just had a banana before setting off and took a bagel to have when I got to work. You could leave a change of clothes at work the day before so you don't have to carry so much in a backpack. Have fun at the skills course

18/04/2014 at 19:49

Another teacher beyond tired here  - first day off = bliss! Stil very tired and felt a bit woozy this morning so bike ride postponed till later in the weekend! Cross trained in the garden centre and the garden instead ... What a lovely day! (last Easter I was thigh deep in snow on the Pennine Way ... that was fun too, just different)

18/04/2014 at 23:41

Oo... Weighed in. Stayed the same 

Razor51    pirate
19/04/2014 at 17:02

Did a little brick session this morning , 10 mile bike followed by a 2.5k run and felt ok, got the Ribby hall Tri next Sunday so getting a bit of practice in

19/04/2014 at 17:20

Mrs D, I lost a pound in the week but it snuck back on by today.

I went to the masters swim session this morning, lane was quiet with peeps off on holiday so only 3 of us to share. Lots of fc work and enjoyed but made me tired.

Skipped the bike ride as the swim left me feeling a bit off balance and tinnitus has come back, so I decided that I would go for a long walk instead of a long run.
5.25 miles and 90 minutes later I finished, although it did mean that I had to get the train back home as I had gone on an out and back route but only did the out ( the route was selected as it gave the option for bus or train home). Stretching and housework is now on the to do list.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/04/2014 at 19:38

Knackered with a capital f**cked!!! Great day made better by Caz being there. Must have done at least 35m - didn't use garmin but wish I had. Fell off once so sore knee which made me quit early on the last session but other knee is also bruised but not sure how! Ass is sore as are shoulders so if knackeredness is a judgement of value for money today was great!!

Expecting a few days of soreness

19/04/2014 at 20:03

EP - sounds like a good day, wish I had been able to go!

I have had a little run - after the journey back from Wales then supermarket shopping I needed to get out in the fresh air. 

I have also taken the bike off the turbo ready for a ride early morning before going to visit the inlaws! Even if it is only a short ride I am getting out!

13,861 to 13,880 of 13,927 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.