Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

15,101 to 15,120 of 15,801 messages
23/07/2014 at 12:22

Woo well done SteadyCJ that sounds like a fab prize
MC sounds like you are all set and ready to go on Sunday.
I'm cracking on with training and starting to realise how much fitness I've lost since the beginning of June.
Sat down and tried to work out plans for Ride London last night, I'm now more confident that I will make it to the start but still worried about me and my bike meeting up with Hubby and the car at the finish. If anyone did it last year do you have any tips please?

23/07/2014 at 16:56

Ali - you will be fine, just take it steady and if it is hot remember to drink and eat enough

last day of work deep breath and on with the rest of my life

23/07/2014 at 16:59

Alibear I am doing Ride London, will be wearing Dorking CC kit. I would suggest meeting up a mile or two away from the finish so more chance of finding you.

My mojo has melted and disappeared in the heat.

Still feeling rotten at having to miss going up to HPP to see peeps at the Outlaw.

Cake    pirate
23/07/2014 at 17:02

Steady there will be other races/jollies just hope things your end are as ok as they can be.

23/07/2014 at 17:05

Steady, sorry to hear that you won't make it, but life is what it is and there will be other times

right, need to decide whether I go to my masters swim session on Saturday or not - doubt whether it will knacker me out and would be good to do some swimming, but should I or not?

Cake    pirate
23/07/2014 at 17:21

Maths I would give it a miss just for this week mind. Are you doing the big swim thing on the saturday afternoon?

Saw this and made me smile.

23/07/2014 at 17:53

no, not doing the big swim, the masters swim is in the morning....

23/07/2014 at 18:31

Do you not think Sundays swim is enough? 

23/07/2014 at 18:39

maybe I will try to swim tomorrow ow and make that the last swim then. Haven't been to many masters sessions lately because of the ow swimming and then life/kids' events getting in the way

don't really want to ow swim on Saturday, I think I would worry about whether my wetsuit would dry in time, my shoulders get more achey ow swimming because of the wetsuit...so although having a quick dip might not be a bad idea don't want to do the big swim

although I think I saw that there was a session at 11 where you could have a quick dip just to sample the water at HPP, might be a good idea - back to read race info pack....then could meet up with MrsD and buttercup afterwards to register....

23/07/2014 at 19:14

Breathe chook if you want to swim, swim, if you don't it's no biggy!

23/07/2014 at 19:18

yeah, overthinking things!! Will just see how the day goes, got to get eldest son off to scout camp first with packed lunch, bags etc. Think that would scupper the free ow swim at HPP at 11 as I wouldn't get there in time anyway. 

I'll text you when I get there and we can register together. 

I think I am just too excited  been waiting for this for a year - we planned it at last year's when we were on the feedstation, didn't we? 

Cake    pirate
24/07/2014 at 12:50

Maths I'm in the swim thing for the 1,500 but to be honest I havn't had time for any swimming lately and not done any open water this year so if your tempted your welcome to be me on saturday if you want to be. Oh and if it's the same as last year your going to get a cool wetsuit bag for the relay.

24/07/2014 at 16:09

thanks cake but I think I will skip the 1500 swim - I remember last year feeling like a boil in the bag fish waiting for it to start! I'll either do the masters swim on Sat morning or no swim

I like the sound of a cool wetsuit bag for the relay though

was going to head over to Lincoln to swim in the lake this evening, but it is 30 degrees out there,  I have just got home with the kids, have eaten too much cake and really don't want to get back in the car. I don't think anything I will do will add to fitness for Sunday, Tuesday's swim left me feeling confident so I will just skip it

fancy watching the men's triathlon anyway, the women's earlier was great

Cake    pirate
25/07/2014 at 12:25

Good luck everyone playing this weekend and hopefully see you in a bit.

25/07/2014 at 18:35

Bamburgh on Sunday, where the hell did the last 16 weeks go?!

26/07/2014 at 06:33

Good luck everyone. I'm travelling all weekend. But I'll try to follow you online. 

26/07/2014 at 08:42

Good luck Durham

The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/07/2014 at 09:31
Good luck outlaws - sorry I'm not there to support.

Be awesome!
26/07/2014 at 14:57

Good luck for everyone racing tomorrow! Don't be shit!

Look forward to the race reports in time. 

26/07/2014 at 16:16

pixie - thanks for the little note in our registration pack

team Hugh Jass's lasses all registered, racked and ready (well, I need to get my stuff ready  but that shouldn't take long)

15,101 to 15,120 of 15,801 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.