Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

15,441 to 15,460 of 17,550 messages
17/11/2014 at 21:17

Managed 50 miles on the bike on Saturday. Longest ride to date. Feeling the pain today though although managed a quick swim and did 70 lengths. Now just need get back into my mojo with the running as have put that to one side getting better with the swimming!

17/11/2014 at 21:58

Tried to incorporate some drills into my swimming tonight - catch up drill is ok, fist drill is ok...god only knows what I looked like trying to do the finger tip drill, they always look easy on youtube!

18/11/2014 at 09:55

Trick to the fingertip drill (If it's the one I'm thinking of) is to completely relax your arm, as much as you possibly can, from the elbow down through the hand. Also try not to let it cause you to make your hand enter the water too early, you still need to stretch forward slightly just before you start your catch (at which point you're obviously no longer relaxed from elbow down).

19/11/2014 at 21:50

Yesterday I did swimming, today was a spinerval session, tomorrow will be a little treadmill run/walk.

Cake    pirate
20/11/2014 at 12:35

Yesterday I swam a mile for the first time in month's doesn't sound much not nice to get a kick up the arse and back into training ready for IM training starting in December.

20/11/2014 at 12:53

I'm managing to stick with a turbo and a swim each week but running still eludes me.

Razor51    pirate
20/11/2014 at 17:00

Cake, still got the lurgy and its pissing me off now 

Cake    pirate
20/11/2014 at 17:07

Know mate still got it very slightly myself just hoping it will go away, Just keep coughing. It just seam's to be lingering like a bad gingster's sausage roll.

Just make sure you snog Horse and pass it on. It's what families are for.

20/11/2014 at 19:04

Only got one trip to the pool this week, but did 30 lengths fc. I think it was the other swimmers that kept me going.  Its always a struggle to motivate myself. I'm so lazy in the winter. 

23/11/2014 at 10:06
First time out on the bike when it's been crap crap weather. Can't say I enjoyed that. 20km in the bag though.
Mallowpuff    pirate
23/11/2014 at 11:04

I need to get myself some decent winter kit. Could at least do with some overshoes as my road shoes are far too well vented to keep my feet warm in these temperatures!

23/11/2014 at 13:45

hi all

I haven't done anything all week as I have had a crappy cold. Think I will go swimming tonight though before I get too used to the sloth-like lifestyle! And a frosty early morning run is planned for tomorrow.

Razor51    pirate
23/11/2014 at 20:23

Still getting over the lurgy so done nothing for nearly 2 weeks but hopefully on the mend now..

Db, have look in Aldi they had some in, if they have any left they might be dicounted.

Rp, I've not been out on my bike since September  I must really kick myself up the arse and get out on it when this fekkin cold buggars off  

Maths,   Glad to here you're on the mend, wrap up well in the morning for your run.

Cake    pirate
24/11/2014 at 13:21

Razor just in case are you planning on stockport 10 this year? Just suddening realised it's almost december.

24/11/2014 at 19:51

Ooh, I'm an idiot. I was hanging my road bike up in the top of the barn on sunday when the ladder slipped and I face planted to the floor via the ladder. The bike is ok, but I've banged both my knees off the rungs and now have to have an xray to see if I've broken anything. And ive got some serious bruises appearing on my thigh. 

Cancel any exercise for the foreseeable future!

24/11/2014 at 20:03

bloody hell, pete, be careful!! You shouldn't go up ladders unless someone is holding the bottom!

well, didn't swim last night but did run this morning, cold, frosty, but lovely morning to be out

24/11/2014 at 21:59

Ooh ouch Pete, take care mate, hope the injuries are not too serious.

I did nothing over the weekend, but  intend to swim in the morning and then in the afternoon go for a bike fit for the new bike as I have not got it set up quite right and it is giving me niggling aches and pains.

25/11/2014 at 08:52
Oh pete! Health and safety!

Had much more success at the finger tip drill last night. Although I think people look at me a bit strange when I do my fist drills.
25/11/2014 at 10:29

I'm definitely in the off season and hibernation and weight gain are both going great guns. Somewhat terrified of what I will have to do to get back on the wagon and a severe lack of interest currently but I'm hoping time will sort that issue out.

Cake    pirate
25/11/2014 at 12:54

Pete hope you ok mate.

15,441 to 15,460 of 17,550 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.