Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

15,461 to 15,480 of 15,697 messages
24/09/2014 at 07:40

Cake - the one I'm doing is in the South West, they just have very similar names! I'm as prepared as I'm going to be. Did a duathlon the other weekend as a warm up for it. Swim is going well, hoping for sub 6 mins for the 400m, bike is hilly but should be able to get a respectable time for that then its the run that lets me down.

Durhambiker - no backing out for you now! Good luck and most of all enjoy it.

Cake    pirate
24/09/2014 at 12:11

D'oh! Sorry was a bit knackered when read your post. Good luck mate.

Durham always go with what the missus say's you know it makes sence.

24/09/2014 at 18:28

Didn't know there was even an option of not going with what the missus says!

24/09/2014 at 22:20

Busy evening but managed to nip out and try a little walk/run, just did a jog for up to a minute then walked recovery. Hopefully all will be OK.

Tomorrow I work my last day at my favourite hospital, no more OW swims before work, no more lovely cheese and onion toasties for lunch. Worst of all is that I will miss being able to call into the supermarket on the way home to do the weekly shop. Monday is the start of a new way of working in so many ways.

Cake    pirate
25/09/2014 at 12:31
Durhambiker wrote (see)

Didn't know there was even an option of not going with what the missus says!

There is but will always end in pain.

Steady (((((hugs)))))

25/09/2014 at 12:34

Ride to and from work today for me.

Cold this morning, Garmin registered lowest temperature of 3 degrees.

25km each way so a nice 50km total.

25/09/2014 at 19:53

Two swims, 40 minutes on the bike and into week three of the couch 2 5k so far this week. Weight loss at 6lbs.

25/09/2014 at 22:04

Bam Bam, are you Gloucester or Forest based? If you are Cake will find some inappropriate jokes which be aimed at someone except me 

Top weight loss rpitchfo 

Cake    pirate
26/09/2014 at 12:26

My ex was from Gloucester I've spend far to much time near the forrest of dean to be healthy.

26/09/2014 at 22:07
Haha not that deep into the forest I'm afraid...just in Chepstow so not related to the Wurzels, and have roundabouts, traffic lights and telephones where I live
27/09/2014 at 07:36

Just over the bridge from me BBT. 

27/09/2014 at 11:34

Hi, New to this triathlon thing, have been running for years and now seek a new challenge. Hoping to enter a sprint next spring and take it from there.....

Currently marathon training, improving my poor swimming and falling off my new road bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27/09/2014 at 14:30

BS - had to drive through Bristol on Thursday. Made a note to self to update the satnav before trying that again...... Had a few hand gestures including one with a clenched fist going up and down....oops! 

Ultramatic - falling off is all part of the training apparently. Good luck with the sprint!

27/09/2014 at 17:23

Welcome Ultramatic. As Camlo says it is not a case of if, it is when, regarding falling off usually in a fail to unclip moment.

I went to the Masters swim session this morning, goodness me it was hard work. then I went on a recce for a bike ride, luckily in the car and realised that 2 roads were really bad surfaces for miles and not suitable at all.

27/09/2014 at 20:29

evening all

been a bit busy at work and feeling a bit under the weather - unsure as to whether I will do the Robin Hood half tomorrow, but good luck to everyone else racing. Going to decide in the morning - it is close enough to home to make the decision at 7 am

steady - hope the new routine with work turns out ok

27/09/2014 at 20:44

Ok, caught up now Maths... You recovered enough for a half? 

first parkrun today - they're much fun. However, may have a lurgy

27/09/2014 at 21:08

Mrs D - not sure, I'll just see how I feel in the morning. Sorry to hear you are lurgified too

28/09/2014 at 16:45
Thanks. Yes I fell off three times last week at traffic lights, due to not being able to clip out on the left, then forgetting I was clipped in right and leaning over to press a light!!!!!!! Battered bruised and mortified.
Went back to shop and asked for flat pedals, but the guy taught me how to use the clipless properly and loosened them. Great now.
Steep learning curve!!! ????
28/09/2014 at 17:19

13k slow run plus 2k WU/WD stinking humid along the canal - ate everything in sight when I got home my fault for not getting up at daybreak and then deciding the garmin needed to be charged and therefore the dishes and washing could be done and hung out

Should be okay for Oxford might be a good case of DOMS afters tho' my fault for getting sick and letting life get in the way of training!

28/09/2014 at 17:25

buttercup - just one of those things! What is Oxford? a half marathon?

so I didn't do the half today, not happy but it wouldn't have been a good idea to run as I am just not feeling well enough. Went to pick youngest son up from scout camp and my legs felt exhausted just walking a few hundred yards up the campsite so just as well I didn't but still, it has been a year of DNSes for me! (ok, not totally, and I have had some good events too)

only 2 weeks to York marathon and I feel very umprepared! However, my calf/achillies issue seems to be ok

15,461 to 15,480 of 15,697 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.