Training v Racing

Daddy or chips

5 messages
14/07/2012 at 22:13
I have just had my best (sprint) race yet, but the times for all 3 disciplines were not what i achieve in training, so simple question, are your PB's achieved away from the bright lights (as Mohammed Ali would say) or do you pull out the performances on race day?
14/07/2012 at 23:07

If your best happens only in training and not in competition there's a word for that.

Choking.

So yes I pull out the best on race day.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
14/07/2012 at 23:17
Nope I'm a choker, well documented panicer.... If I'm still swimming at 8h15 tomorrow morning I've done it again...
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
15/07/2012 at 19:24

err are you doing all 3 disciplines together in training.

If you get fast training times in a single sport in training, then, over the 3 you will be slower.

err and sprint distance - sorry - cant help there - I dont understand that distance
Its too hard for me

Doner Kebab    pirate
16/07/2012 at 00:34

i love sprint distance and i put in some of my best run times on 5ks although i always find my swim is a bit of a let down as in a race theres 5 to a lane maybe and my records are done in an empty lane. Race day adrenaline seems to work for me, an example is the Dambuster triathlon where i took about 3 minutes off my PB over 25miles on the bike on the same course as i practice on quite regularly.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.