Transition Records

12 messages
27/08/2003 at 11:32
Bit of a weird one, and I guess you'll need your results sheets for this!

But what is your PB for a transition. T1 and T2. Obviously T2 is going to be the quicker.

I'm intrigued to find out mine
WildWill    pirate
27/08/2003 at 11:53
The race i've got this weekend just rolls T1 in with Swim and T2 in with Bike :o(

I've don a couple of races where T1 seems miles from the swim exit .... and i always seem to step on a shar stone enroute
27/08/2003 at 15:12
The races I did (only 2)also didn't have seperate transition times, so unless you timed yourself in the pool etc you wouldn't know from the results. Anyway, I lost my bike so transitions were longer than should have been-just inexperience. I'll get it right next year!
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
28/08/2003 at 15:10
Don't know Daz. The only results sheets I have transition times on are Ironman races and I don't count them because they are always longer, on shorter races I get in and out again really fast, but on IM I do pull on dry shorts etc. in T1.
cougie    pirate
28/08/2003 at 15:17
Just watching the London Tri on tape last night - men coming onto the bike - one guy takes two bikes out at once, slings one back and lets the other guys helmet smack onto the concrete floor. It's then left in the middle of the road until the poor guy comes out of the swim. I think someone would be in for a kicking if they did that to me ! Bu**er !
28/08/2003 at 15:18
I know, I thought the same when I saw that. You'd think that if you can get time penalties for other stuff you'd also be given them for that sort of behaviour - not good.
cougie    pirate
28/08/2003 at 15:24
Nic - I reckon you can slaughter Jodie et al on the bikes. They weren't very good technically at all ! Elite racing for you young lady !
28/08/2003 at 15:37
I've seen one aggressive little gobsh*te DQd for that, cougs.
cougie    pirate
28/08/2003 at 15:40
I should thing so too JJ !
Anyone messes with my helmet gets more than a DQ !

You are a bit of a Tri afficionado ain't ya ?

28/08/2003 at 16:30
Cougie love, you're insane (in the nicest possible way) I am BAD on the bike. TERRIBLE. There is no way I could give even the slowest lady in the elites a run for her money, no matter how bad they are technically.

But thanks for the thought!
cougie    pirate
28/08/2003 at 16:33
Hmmm - we can train you ! They were awful. For world class athletes to go into the U turn in big gears and forget (every single one of them) to knock down the gears ? Silly !

And hang on - me insane - oh swimming in Docks girl ??? Hmmmmm !

;-)
28/08/2003 at 16:37
Yeah...then there's my running...that's pretty slow too....

*LOL* Give up Cougs, it's an uphill struggle. I'll just carry on midpacking it and doing lots of swimming, ta!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.