treadmill repair expertise ?

how to replace a treadmill deck

12 messages
13/01/2013 at 14:01

OK. 

Being too lardy, ive killed my treadmill.  The label says fat people over 135 need to start elsewhere, so I should have been OK.

but the deck has now got a delightfull crack down the middle, and the runs are more spongey than necessary.

the challenge is, how to replace the treadmill deck ? as replacing the treadmill is not a priority for the OH. ( repairing it is a close second not a priority as well )

thanks in advance for any advice

13/01/2013 at 14:21

Any chance its still in warranty?

Sounds like it will be expensive to repair.....bin it and run outside??

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
13/01/2013 at 15:05
+1 for bin it and run outside
13/01/2013 at 17:33
I vote for run outside, it's much more fun.
13/01/2013 at 19:38
Ill be outside, although not sure how the qc session will work from the turbo

Repair looks easy - just need a part ( replacement deck )

Id scrap it but its not yourargos special treadmill, but rather more of an investment
Doner Kebab    pirate
13/01/2013 at 23:47

what make is it? if it is any of the nordic track companies - they own a few = pro form ,weslo and a load of others - i have a number somewhere that i may be able to find for the repair and spares centre

14/01/2013 at 12:05

tunturi t20. .....  i think their a competitor

14/01/2013 at 15:53

and panic over. part is available for £62, fitting is a power screwdriver and a mug of tea exercise.

so ordered,and a fortnight of running in the real world.

never know,( once youve gone tarmac, you never go back ? ) might leave the part in a box until I can be arsed if I get addicted to the outside running lark...

thanks everyone

Doner Kebab    pirate
14/01/2013 at 17:56

i always find that i get better results from the treadie for things like 800m / 1600m repeats and where theres no hills its a godsend. Also do half my weekly mileage on a treadie (on average) in a bid to avoid injury

15/01/2013 at 00:24
Where did you find the part? Mine needs a new motor
15/01/2013 at 08:34

in the UK, I used tuntur's listed support vendor....

benchmark fitness solutions : 01777 712 627...

see if you can upgrade the motor.  ( i had my motor burn out when under warranty. engineer came out and had the wrong ( better ) motor on the van so fitted that

17/03/2013 at 18:20

I had an issue with the treadmill motor and I have replaced it by myself. Just took out the old motor and inserted the new one.Pay attention: if it is for walking then a RPM of under 5,000 will work but if it is for running the RPM should be lower than 4,000. Must check this. I got the new motor from the Proform asupplier here in London (my treadmill is Proform 505.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.