Trek or Specialized

21 to 29 of 29 messages
20/02/2010 at 18:26

flaming chubster - don't know where you live but sigma sports seem to stock both brands so it would be easy to compare and they are meant to be a good shop.   I might just pop along there too.......Sigma

This is exciting.

21/02/2010 at 14:13

Hey, this has got everyone looking for new bikes! I live in Herts so I can easily get to a lot of good bike shops.......Leisure Wheels are on my doorstep , have also had a look  at Evans in MK. Will have a look at Sigma Sports , if there is one near it would be great to compare both on same day.

Thanks for all the advice

FC 

22/02/2010 at 13:19
Trek 1.2 gets my vote!
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
22/02/2010 at 13:23
To be perfectly honest £ for £ there isnt a massive difference between the Specialized and Trek, getting a bike that fits and also that you like the look of (youve got to want to ride it) are the key things. 
22/02/2010 at 19:15

Cheers BB

FC

22/02/2010 at 19:37
Well I bought the specialized...I now have to learn how to ride a bike again.  I am so used to a MB I am in big trouble!!  I wobbled all over the place and couldn't even work out how the gears changed.  Not my best moment.  Tried it yesterday for a quick spin, and was fantastic.  So much faster, wind whistling fast!!  Did find that the bumps etc were a bit unforgiving though!!  Anyhow I took the plunge...
22/02/2010 at 20:12

Ooooooh  good luck sara.  To be honest I got a bit worried when the shop said they'd accompany me on a ride cos I'm scared stiff of looking a plonker wobbling all over till I find my balance.

well done and glad you like it.

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
22/02/2010 at 22:29

sara - a bikes a bike......  if you have the balance etc from a MTB then a couple of rides and you will be sorted.

tri bars next...????  took me 20 mins to love them......

23/02/2010 at 20:25

LOL OC!  Think I will wait and see if I like this tri lark before I buy anymore kit. 

Went out today to see if I could ride in a straight line, and was much better.  A few wobbles and issues with my gear changing!  However knocked 12mins off my old MTB time for my short route without trying-so can see the massive difference it makes.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.