Trentham Tri

11th July 2010

61 to 80 of 83 messages
Richard 123    pirate
12/07/2010 at 13:33

Didn't see another Pirate lady but there was a woman in a white two piece tri suit who said 'go Pirates' eveytime we passed on the run??

Ahhh, I think Steve mentioned it when we ran together for a while - still funny regardless  of who it was

Nam
12/07/2010 at 13:34
I only saw one lady pirate and that was Mrs SA.  There were two?
Nam
12/07/2010 at 13:46

http://www.fun2tri.co.uk/Trentham-new/results/2010/classic_male.pdf

Yay yes he's 13th overall and 6th in his AG, but for some peculiar reason his swim & bike time isn't showing.    Which is a shame cos the swim went quite well for once.

Lee the Pea    pirate
12/07/2010 at 14:04
Well done Pirates, great work  
12/07/2010 at 14:18

Well done everyone.

I enjoyed yesterday. Swim was awful. First time I have swum in a wetsuit and first time outdoors (too lazy to practice!). Paniced a little in the first 50m. Ended up coming out of the lake with only a few behind me... 25:15 (presume this includes T1).

Bike was fun. Did it in 39:05. Stopping at the lights was a pain though. Enjoyed the course. Some fast bikes out there. Was pleased with the time as I haven't really done any training on the bike and haven't been on it since Nantwich.

Run was disappointing. Didn't push on enough and finished with a bit in the tank. Legs felt so funny. Really need to practice running off the bike... that was only the second time I've ever run off the bike. Finished in 28:05 (presume this includes T2).

Total time for my second ever tri.... 1:32:25

Presume I can take off the time at lights, 2:02, to give net time of 1:30:23?

12/07/2010 at 14:33
yeah it was me and it was dam painful and left me dazed had to stand up for a moment to get my self together.  looking at the results i did not come last on the swim as the guy on the tanoid commented - last of the swimmer from the big half.... adding more embarrassment....
Nam
12/07/2010 at 14:41
Young chap came out of swim with Oly pack and had the most toe curling cramps in both feet/calves...  they laid him down on his back and manually stretched his feet out with him screaming his head off on the floor...
12/07/2010 at 16:47
Really enjoyed the sprint distance yesterday,though lake very shallow at one end.pleased with my time also.the traffic lights were bit annoying as I lost my momentum.few things bit odd on the male sprint results.someone did 13 min run leg and I presume this included the transition ,think there was a 15 min split also.maybe i read it wrong or there were very quick runners.are the results provisional?
12/07/2010 at 17:00
Well done Cake. Was looking out for you and the Pirates but didn't see anyone.
Nam
12/07/2010 at 19:29

pics are up 

Anyone who wants a proper copy of a pic mail me and I'll mail it to you.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
13/07/2010 at 17:08

Hi All.  Mrs SA here with my Trentham race report

Race morning 6.00 we headed down to transition area, then across to the Lake to prepare for the swim and pre-swim briefing.  It was nice to meet new faces like Richard123.   Before we knew it we were in the water and it was "3-2-1 GO"   I must admit the Lake was not as bad as i had anticipated.  I started at the back of the field and paced myself.  I was overtaken by many, but i though hey i've got 4 laps to do.   The only problems i encountered were leaky goggles and an ear-plug that refused to stay where it should be and being swum over at the second buoy .   This created a bit of a tide and i endied up swallowing loads of water and went into a bit of a panic and couldn't breathe!!!!    After coughing and spluttering for what seemed like an eternity i got myself together and carried on.  I got into a good rhythm and completed the swim.   Swim time 1:04:03

After clambering out of the water (at this point somewhat dizzy and disorientated) my hands would not do what i wanted them to to try and remove the top half of my wetsuit and i almost fell over trying to put my trainers on for the run to T1 - just at the point that a voice said "Morning Mrs Pirate".  I looked up to see Nam pointing a camera at me!!!!

Into T1 and i was greeted with "GO PIRATES" from SA who was about 10 minutes ahead of me.  After finally removing my wetsuit and farting about in transition (as i always do) i trotted out onto the bike course.  All of a sudden there was a loud voice from the tanoy system "And here we have number 196 Joanne Hayter from the Pirate Ship of Fools.  You can get on your bke now love..... no really its ok to get on your bike"

The bike course was a bit of a bugger.   SA and i had done a dummy run in the car the day before so we knew it was going to be tough.    I was passed by Cake and Calf who shouted as he whizzed past,  I also spotted Big Dave who was at Nantwich who shouted a much appreciated "GO PIRATES" at me.  Bike time 3:58:56    My trusted black and yellow Carrera bike had not let me down again!!!!

Into T2 and i headed off onto the run.  By this time the weather was pretty hot but took on plenty of water at every water station.   It was an out and back run course so it was lovely to keep seeing SA (managed to grab a snog on one of the laps).    After a while the weather was beginning to sap my energy so i adopted the old "run - walk" method.   Cake caught up with me on his last lap and we walked for a bit.  On my way to the finish i spotted SA who had come back to give me some much needed encouragement and a huge hug.   I crossed the line in 3:03:21

I finished shattered, bitten to buggery but elated and proud of myself.    

Richard 123    pirate
13/07/2010 at 17:46

Great pics Nam but unfortunately seeing myself in the 'flesh' so to speak makes me realsie what a fat knacker I've turned into 

Good reports guys.

Nam
13/07/2010 at 18:11

Fab reports.  Well done all. 

The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

After clambering out of the water (at this point somewhat dizzy and disorientated) my hands would not do what i wanted them to to try and remove the top half of my wetsuit and i almost fell over trying to put my trainers on for the run to T1 - just at the point that a voice said "Morning Mrs Pirate".  I looked up to see Nam pointing a camera at me!!!!

LOL!! Yes... apologies for that.

Nam
13/07/2010 at 18:20

My amusing sherpa moments were...

• looking for Calfie in the swim, having been 100% I'd be able to spot him due to distinctive stroke style, but failing uselessly....  unknowingly to me he passed me 4x flicking the Vs at me whilst I was gazing into the distance.  I guess other spectators thought he was just an angry swimmer...
  • Liverbird making best possible use of her big gob by yelling at cyclists at traffic lights to instantly provide their race number... NOW!!
  • Calfie taunting Cakeyboy for being faster on the run than on the bike.
  • Mr SA's loud taunts about Calfie having opted for the "gaylord distance"... which had other spectators raise an eyebrow
15/07/2010 at 19:49

Have signed up for Leeds sprint tri in August... just need to get my arse on the bike more and actually try to swim a bit!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
15/07/2010 at 21:09
Cake wrote (see)
Nam wrote (see)

Calfie taunting Cakeyboy for being faster on the run than on the bike.

But I'm a runner bikes are gaylord.

Mrs SA you need to get your own profile so we can all shat you up without SA realising.

But you have to remember that I will see

15/07/2010 at 21:23

Cake - i've got my own profile!!!!!

Richard 123    pirate
16/07/2010 at 13:09
Cake wrote (see)
so we can all shat you up

Now, I really really hope that's a typo!! 
16/07/2010 at 17:03

Yeah it has to be!

17/07/2010 at 11:35
I see that a couple of people were DQ'd for running a red light. I would have thought that losing time at a red light (which was taken into account in your final time anyway ?) wouldn't have been that significant in the Big Half ?
61 to 80 of 83 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.