Tri Training camps UK based!

14 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/11/2009 at 06:56

hi,

I got lured to the dark side last year and did a couple of sprint tris and the London olympic tri. All done. All were fun but boy was I bad.

I've been on a running camp before, with the forum, and wondered where I can find a tri camp or if anyone could recommend one.

Got to be UK based though (so not club la santa!)

Cheers

Pixie

Kanga M    pirate
09/11/2009 at 07:37
RG Active do a few training sessions on the outskirts of London as well as the customary Euro training camp. No idea if they're any good, just came across them on the Tri & Run site. They do open water swimming in Ham Lake, just next to Richmond Park which is a lot closer to me than Datchet.
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
09/11/2009 at 11:39
they also do swimming up to the NE of london in Hertfordshire - my closest place, and I'll probably be using them this year for some open water swimming......
09/11/2009 at 11:55

i have been on a couple of rides with them and they are very good.  the swimming sessions are meant to be top drawyer as well.

Planning on starting next year.

funkin-baby    pirate
09/11/2009 at 12:02
Oh, Ham Lake... that's not far from me.  Could be an idea for next spring if they allow just swimming only and not training sessions.  You could swim for an hour, then run to Bushy/Richmond park for the 9am parkrun time trial.  Could be interesting....
09/11/2009 at 16:40
I've signed up for one with The Endurance Coach' Linky Thingy thats in the Lake District maybe too far if you are down south.
Doozer.    pirate
09/11/2009 at 16:48

I think the New Forest triathlon centre, based at sandy balls, and TrainingBible Uk are planning on doing something in the future. 

There are organised rides every saturday at 9.30 from Sandy Balls if anyone wants to get out of the Big smoke and ride in the forest.  I am one of the rotating ride leaders if you want anymore info!

09/11/2009 at 16:53
How on earth do you ride a bike if you're rotating??
Doozer.    pirate
09/11/2009 at 16:58
its very clever Jj - i used to be a breakdancer - thats how
09/11/2009 at 17:33
[giggle]

c'n I watch?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/11/2009 at 19:18

thanks guys.

I'm in  the midlands ... we do have an OW place near me but it's not "taught" just swim.

guess I need to find a club and so some sessions with them ?

Kanga M    pirate
09/11/2009 at 23:09
Doozer. wrote (see)
its very clever Jj - i used to be a breakdancer - thats how

Only way you can reach the pedals mate
Doozer.    pirate
09/11/2009 at 23:11

I could probably ride with one arm and one leg while spinning on my head and still be quicker than you young man.

Kanga M    pirate
10/11/2009 at 07:45
It's the aero barbie tassles that make all the difference

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.