Triathlete of the Year' Awards (Long Dist/Ultra)

Beyond Going Long - PLEASE VOTE TC '

21 to 23 of 23 messages
07/11/2012 at 21:01
KK - it's just a popularity contest and marketing. The marketing has just evolved a bit from phone voting. Simple really.
VT'd    pirate
07/11/2012 at 21:23

I'm surely an easily led doormat.  I voted TC because everyone was doing it, and I voted Eimear Mullan cos she's the Irish contingent.  Didn't bother my arse with the website, just popped in, voted and got out.

11/11/2012 at 17:40
Hi folks, just thought I'd chime in as www.beyondgoinglong.co.uk is my site.

No marketing or evil intentions to get you to visit, I'm just a one man who loves triathlon as a sport and writing and put the two together. In 9 months so far there have been no ads and I certainly don't make any money from your visit!

It's great that the competition has caught the eye of so many people as its been nice to introduce it to more people. My mission for the site is to cover ld and ultra tri in more depth, providing coverage and exposure for British and Irish athletes and elite ag and provide more coverage of domestic events. I'm also hoping it is a useful resource for triathletes who might enjoy learning about events and from the elites out there.

So no 'judges', no massive marketing departments working out ways to make money from you, no computer geeks setting up clever polls that block multiple polls... Just a keen fan who wants to open up the achievements of 10 fab performances to a wider audience and someone who gets a thrill out of writing and seeing people read their work.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.