Triathlon swimming masterclass in Walsall

Any comments?

13 messages
05/05/2004 at 12:41
Before I send my cheque off to a complete stranger - has anyone any experience of this class. Is it any good?
www.swim-masterclass.co.uk
05/05/2004 at 13:29
Run by a guy called stuart (BCT) as far as I remember. A couple of my relations have been on them. I believe it was a learning experience for both of them. Certainly one of them has been back for more
05/05/2004 at 13:32
have a look on tritalk.co.uk

i know dre has done one and rated it highly, i think there's a thread somewhere on there.
05/05/2004 at 13:55
Thanks guys.
05/05/2004 at 14:01
dr nic and MM have done this one - ask them
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
05/05/2004 at 14:02
Jonny, think I may join you. I have heard of this Masterclass but not been on one.

Staurt the organiser is involved with Black Country Triathletes and Longest Day Triathlon etc.

Ive had dealings with him via The Longest Day chat forum and he's given me tips there.

Dont think youll have any problems at all.
06/05/2004 at 15:51
Hi all,

Someone pointed this thread out to me so I thought I'd dive in and answer any questions people may have about the course.

06/05/2004 at 16:13
I picked up a form for this at Wombourne Sprint Tri after being told about it by one of the marshalls there, and I was very tempted. It seems better value than many similar training days.

Unfortunately I'm running the Manchester 10k on that day, but I'll be looking out for them to run more masterclasses.

Jane
06/05/2004 at 16:30
Ooh hello Stuart! *waves*

I can vouch for this, was v good, intensive but not scary, lots of fun, lots of drills and work on form, well explained, time for one-on-one stuff as needed. You get videod too which is an eye-opener! Well worth the money.
06/05/2004 at 16:31
We've though about this and knowing that Triathletes like to do a bike ride on a Sunday Morning the course doesn't start till 4.30pm (till 7.30pm)

regards

STuart Steele
www.swim-masterclass.co.uk
06/05/2004 at 17:22
I look forward (um..) to seeing myself on video, friends tell me I've loads of room for improvement.
Current best time for 400m is 8:15. I'd be happy to stay at that speed and conserve some energy! Others training at my local pool seem to be focussed on power, but I'm more keen on improving technique.

This feedback is what i like about RW forum. I'm usually wary about things on the internet hence this thread. Happily, though this course sounds just what I need. My cheque will go in the post shortly!

Jonny C
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/05/2004 at 10:26
I'll post off my cheque this weekend. See you in Walsall Jonny & Stuart.
07/05/2004 at 10:29
it looks like I'll be able to eat in april then

so far we have 3 teachers and 10 students

Look forward to seeing you then

Stuart Steele

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.