Triathlon/immune system

21 to 24 of 24 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
14/01/2004 at 12:16
This is an interesting thread, ive been stricken by one bug after another for the last 4 weeks and its perhapsd not a coincidence that this occured when I stepped my training intensity up.

Other than the VitC comments are there any other suppliments e.g. vitimin pills etc that I should take (Im training for FLM and Ironman in July).

When ive trained for Marathons b4 ive just took the one a day Sanatogen Gold multi-vitimins.

Advise would be really appreciated.
14/01/2004 at 12:25
recovery periods and sleep are the best things

and as noted, you could try l-glutamine - i think it worked for me - i read about this during an extended period on the verge of overtraining (my rest pulse was up 10+ for a month), bought a tub of this from Holland & Barrett and I was back to normal after two days

use 20-30g a day, after training and with meals
17/01/2004 at 21:41
Have just done 2 years of using echinea(?). One pill for first 10 days of each month. Had colds when everybody else had them but not bad & could still train. Stopped taking in August and had a a series of bugs over the Autumn including one losing 2 weeks of training & forcing me out of inter-counties X-country champs -my first representative vest - gutted. Have now restarted echinea.
18/01/2004 at 16:54
Solgar mega VM75 Vits, garlic capsules, wash hands after being on public transport...in civic buildings etc, good rest, good food and correct clothing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.