TriStar Monaco Relay Request

10 km runner requested for triathlon relay team

1 to 20 of 44 messages
14/08/2012 at 23:51

Would anyone here be interested in doing the 10 km run section of a relay Triathlon in Monaco (specifically, the TriStar Monaco 111.1 on September 2nd)? I am part of a triathlon relay team whose runner has dropped out due to unforeseen difficulties. We are looking to finish the race rather than break any particular records, so both slow and fast runners would be acceptable.

Thank you in advance. 

kittenkat    pirate
15/08/2012 at 07:50

I will run as fast as you want me to if you pay for my flight and accommodation

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
15/08/2012 at 11:36
Funny I had a similar thought KK, but I did the last injured runner team relay stand in, so it must be your turn!
15/08/2012 at 11:38

Was just thinking I hadn't anything on that weekend

15/08/2012 at 12:31

I will run just a little bit faster than KK if you pay for my flight and accommodation

15/08/2012 at 12:32

If it had been last year, we were there on holiday and watched the race

15/08/2012 at 12:48

Gastank, I can see the logic in that thinking

sarah the bookworm, thank you for the offer. I'm not terribly worried about finishing time as long as they're not going to be ridiculously slow, fall to bits before the 10K is done or be slow in responding (the deadlines for getting this sorted are a bit tight). If the negotiations with kittenkat fall through, I'll ask you (she gets first refusal because she offered first).

Dave The Ex-Spartan, that's great! How did you find it? Any information would be useful, given that this will only be my 2nd triathlon relay  

15/08/2012 at 12:49
Just need to check if I can get the private jet to get me there, then I'll stay on my yacht that's in Monaco harbour I'll get back to you ASAP.
15/08/2012 at 12:57
I said we watched it
kittenkat    pirate
15/08/2012 at 16:10
Silver Trucker wrote (see)
Just need to check if I can get the private jet to get me there, then I'll stay on my yacht that's in Monaco harbour I'll get back to you ASAP.

YOU are Christian Grey?

15/08/2012 at 17:03
So you going KK?
kittenkat    pirate
15/08/2012 at 18:56
Silver Trucker wrote (see)
So you going KK?

If I'm not being primed as a drugs mule, or my personal details aren't being coveted..Yes I guess.

16/08/2012 at 00:36

...or if my team doesn't collapse on me - which it just has I can't do a triathlon relay without a cyclist. The cyclist who just dropped out pointed out, in retrospect correctly, that getting a medical done with this notice is unlikely to be practical for said cyclist. So the entire trip has been aborted. Sorry

16/08/2012 at 08:35
Easy enough to get a medical certificate. Looks more like you are just after excuses
16/08/2012 at 09:09

and if you're members of BTF you don't need a med cert to race triathlon in France - you're covered under ITU member federation rules

or just forge a med cert if not a BTF member - many do that each year to race in France - it never gets checked.  as long as it's official looking you're good to go.

16/08/2012 at 09:18
And no doctors I know would ever give you a med cert to say you won't die doing exercise

(wonder what Suzie is going to do for the Paris marathon next year ?)
16/08/2012 at 11:44

fat buddha, I'm not a member of BTF, neither was my cyclist, and neither of us knew that could get us out of the medical certificate requirement...

16/08/2012 at 11:48

Dave The Ex-Spartan, the requirement doesn't say the certificate has to say the recipient won't die, only that the medical authority believes the recipient is capable of the activity specified at the top of the .

I would have had a medical in time, but you can't have a relay with one member (and if the member in question can't cycle or run in the requested timeframe and knows it, entering as a soloist would be pointless).

16/08/2012 at 11:53

PC - perhaps BTF membership is something to consider for the future then if you plan to race tris overseas.  many of us have done continental IM races and not needed to go through the faff of med certs to race them.   but that only goes for triathlon - if you want to do a stand alone run race in France, then you need a med cert as the BTF membership doesn't cover thesens.

16/08/2012 at 12:00
I know what the medical certificate has to say. And I don't know a doctor who would sign such a certificate
1 to 20 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.