TT Bike on Raceday?

21 to 23 of 23 messages
21/06/2012 at 10:23

Couple of years back I was watching bike racing on TV, and Magnus "Big Maggy"  Bäckstedt was sharing commentary, and they were talking about TT bikes and the different position.

Maggy said that when ever he knew he had an important TT coming up, he used to set the TT bike up and leave it ready in his garage, go out and do his planned training session on the road bike, and when he got home jump straight on the TT bike and blast an "out and back" for an hour just to keep the feel of being areo.

It's something I have tried to do since I bought a TT bike, and after a winter of road bike, and MTB, boy does the TT feel strange ! But I can get back into being aero after a couple of rides...

Sadly the only comparison between Big Maggy and me is the big part !!!

OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
21/06/2012 at 11:52
Its good to try something new on raceday..... keeps the interest level up. however i normally feel i am pushing the boar out with a new pair of tri shorts, or trying gels in a bottle.

However a new bike..... !!! I like your style.

Why not try some new trainers at the same time, maybe newtons, or vibrams?

On the other hand I took my tt bike on a 6 day training camp, with its first proper ride being on day 1 of the camp. I got away with it, but it could have gone badly wrong.
21/06/2012 at 12:05

OC, my "try something new on raceday" will include a hangover and 20 a day smoking habit (strangely picked up since IMFL last November).  I am particularly looking forward to seeing the official photos which will then be submitted to 220 with accompanying narrative that flies in the face of their monthly advice.

Rw

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.